The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond Promoted To First Line With The Sedins

alt kilgore

When you eventually learn to assess a hockey player's performance..............come back and we will listen to you. MR has one of the highest +/- of all the forwards. It seems to me AV is using MR as an elixir to revive the Sedins

This is not going to solve the problem.

The Sedins are unable to play their cycle game because the Refs are allowing opposing players to hook, obstruct and crosscheck them. And putting Raymond on their line is not going to change that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Henrik's back is injured, all the hits from behind driving him into the boards that he has taken lately. If he isn't injured now, he will be soon.

The Sedins need to be split up and put with two players who can take the physical play along the boards. The single Sedin on a line needs to move their postion to the middle of the ice or higher on the boards where they can use their passing ability to set up their wingers.

I think you have stated the exact opposite of what is likely to happen. Raymond played a long time with the two greediest players in our team, Kes and Booth. I don't blame him for doing his own thing now and again...........I mean he constantly took up good positions only to end up saving their ass, back checking when they tried stupid blocked out shots.

With the Sedins he knows if he offloads and makes for the net one of them will find him. The Sedins are not greedy, they don't have to be, no one can get the puck off them by fair means. They pass.............and always when they are ready. I am totally excited by AV's imagination.

Lets face it, the 1st line could hardly be any worse and it appears to me to lace excitement all the way down the team. Burrows might also find things easier playing withe faster Hansn.

Just a theory.

This isn't about getting the Sedins going. AV is looking to generate offense from the 2nd and 3rd lines with the 1st line as a "decoy" to draw top defenders. Put all 3 of the non-performing forwards on one line that the opposition sees as the guys they have to shut down.

Burrows with Hansen and Pahlsson could be pretty good at hemming teams in and scoring off turnovers and at the very least is a solid defensive line that can legitimately shut down top lines.

The 2nd line is starting to generate lots of quality chances off the rush and generating points.

The Sedins are struggling so...leave them with MayRay to see if the can generate something but rely on the 2 and 3 lines to carry the offense. If the 1st line gels, that's a big bonus.

i like the move. Raymond's speed, as long as he can stay on his feet, gives this line a little more of a dangerous edge to it defensemen will have to be cautious as to not get flat footed and it will open up some passing area for the twins on the rush. and it gives the line some new options, if they can come up with them, of set plays utilizing Raymond's speed. And ontop of that raymond is a great back checker if he can get a takeaway and spring the twins in 2 on 1 thts a pretty good scoring chance

Raymond is the stick (Like in king of the kill when bobby joins the track team). Hes like the front runner of a dog sled team, he works the hardest up there but gets the least food. The team is playing bad so it makes sense to put him on the top line to get the others motivated.

Well hopefully Raymond picks it up fast because the Sedins like to cycle the puck where the net is, not at the blue line where Raymond likes to play with the puck. I swear everytime I see Raymond with the pucuk in the offence zone it's like someone needs to remind him the net is behind you it's not on the way to the blue line.

Archived