The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa Calls On Canucks Fans To Be Louder

hockeyville88

I like Bieksa for the most part but this quote bothers me:

Bieksa, for his part, acknowledges all these things but he also made an appeal to the faithful.

“A lot time when you’re down in the game or you’re going through a lull in the second period, the crowd can give the team a boost. We’ve got to be working together here. We both want the same thing which is the Stanley Cup. So we’ll work for you if you work for us.”

I'm sorry but it is not the crowd's responsibility to motivate the team and players. Sure its a nice bonus if it happens but I'm sorry Kevin you should be working for us regardless of wether or not we are working for you.

I like Bieksa for the most part but this quote bothers me:

Bieksa, for his part, acknowledges all these things but he also made an appeal to the faithful.

“A lot time when you’re down in the game or you’re going through a lull in the second period, the crowd can give the team a boost. We’ve got to be working together here. We both want the same thing which is the Stanley Cup. So we’ll work for you if you work for us.”

I'm sorry but it is not the crowd's responsibility to motivate the team and players. Sure its a nice bonus if it happens but I'm sorry Kevin you should be working for us regardless of wether or not we are working for you.

Here is a few ideas 1) Lower the prices IMO the craziest Canuck fans don't have but loads of cash to spend on tickets jerseys etc. maybe get more true fans in and not business people trying to impress clients or their bosses 2) And I cant stress this enough DON'T PLAY LIKE GARBAGE HAVE PASSION ON ICE 3) Don't criticize your fans when you don't win games.

Yeah, that isn't really the best thing to say. I'm sure it came out wrong on his part.

The one game I went to, my seats were like 8 rows behind the Buffalo bench, just behind the hallway leading to the dressing room (Cody!!! haha). I was loud and cheery, but the guys beside me were texting and not completely paying attention to the game. Cheering for an upcoming power play? Glared. Cheering, "Let's go boys! Go Canucks Go!" was unacceptable. It's bullshiiit! I know they were down 3-0, but it wouldn't kill people to try to get the team going a bit! When it was 4-3, it was kinda quiet for a team trying to come back. How can people be so quiet? It IS embarrassing when the Jets, Leafs, Flames fans out cheer us in our own building. Even the Sabres fans were well heard! C'mon fans! Loud and proud for the blue and green!

Exactly. 95% of the "fans" at Rogers Arena night in and night out are corporate execs or rich old people in their formal attire. As if Canucks Sports and Entertainment don't make enough money already.. ticket prices could be cheaper so that the atmosphere would be better, just saying.

I'll admit cheering louder does make a difference, the game vs the Jets I was hollering like nothing else, but from the nose bleeds it seems like the better spot to do so. Previous game vs Dallas I was 2nd row lower bowl, screaming into the glass, honestly I dont think anyone could hear me on the other side, the sound just reverbed at everyone around and behind me. so I toned it down a notch. Not to say we shouldnt, but it does feel slightly futile to scream into a screen of tempered glass... for the seats higher up! CHEER AWAY AND AS LOUD AS YOU WANT.

Archived