The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Hit Thread

gramowar

5 games for Keith. 3 games for Doan from just yesterday, this elbow is worse because it was away from the puck, hearing some evidence of intent, and Daniel didn't come back whereas Benn did.

No suspension for Daniel. That's a body-on-body check with incidental contact to the head, no proof of intent. A fine at the most.

No suspension for Burrows. His knee isn't near Keith's crotch, and its not even a knee anyways, he just plants his shin on him.

Uhhhg. Waiting to see the 2nd per intermission. They just showed Daniel elbow Keith in the jaw a while before Keith's hit on Daniel.

Great,now Black Hawk fans have something to bitch about.

Mind you from the quick preview clip,it doesn't look like Danny hit him that hard,but still.... :picard:

Well said.

Keith undisciplined and stupid hit was uncharacteristic of him. He's not a dirty player. That being said, he will get suspended.

I don't think Keith was targeting your star player, I think he was targeting the guy who took a run at his head first. Yes, it wasn't as bad, but the head was still the principle point of contact, and obviously that pissed Keith off and he went and did something stupid in return.

Now I don't wish for anyone to be hurt and knocked out of games. A big hit, sure, but an injury, no. That being said, Daniel also started something in a highly emotional game that he shouldn't have started. He got the worse end of it.

As much as I hate the Canucks, I don't wish for anyone to be "Bertuzzied". As far as I'm concerned, that guy should never have been allowed to return to the ice.

..but for all of you complaining about how cheap it was and how dirty it was and how there's no place for that in hockey, to say, in the same post, that you wished someone had taken him out in the same manner as Todd Bertuzzi, are just fools. The sad part is that you don't even see the irony.

I hope Daniel is ok.

Even if Daniel did elbow him first it's worse because it's a retaliation, and a clear intent to injure someone.

Keith should get the book thrown at him for this, but I think in the end we still lose because I pray not, but I think Daniel is gonna be out for awhile, that elbow looked nasty.

..but for all of you complaining about how cheap it was and how dirty it was and how there's no place for that in hockey, to say, in the same post, that you wished someone had taken him out in the same manner as Todd Bertuzzi, are just fools. The sad part is that you don't even see the irony.

Keith hit Daniel because every other cheapshot in the league has been getting free passes from the Refs for hacks at the Sedins, and he thought he'd get into the queue of goon artists waiting for their chance.

This injury is a result of the Gary Bettman and NHL instructing their Refs to ignore physical play against the Sedins.

Why I said a week ago that it was only a matter of time till Henrik got injured, my prediction was only wrong in the number on the sweater back.

Now we have Daniel out as a direct result of the NHL's attempt to fix the Canuck's out of the playoffs. And of course, the Ref ignored the seriousness of the hit and only gave Keith a minor. This despite the fact Daniel didn't even have the puck and the only contact was to the head.

This league has completely moved into the Bush leagues. Any pretensions that it is skill and intelligence which wins games is gone.

-snip-

Now I don't wish for anyone to be hurt and knocked out of games. A big hit, sure, but an injury, no. That being said, Daniel also started something in a highly emotional game that he shouldn't have started. He got the worse end of it.

-snip-

lulz...

The usual "refs and Bettman are out to get us" garbage we hear from Canucks fans.

what a joke. The LEAGUE will address the incident.

If it were up to me, anyone responsible for an injury that resulted from an illegal hit should serve a suspension equal to the time the injured player is out. That includes Duncan Keith.

First things first... what the blue hell are you doing on this forum if you hate the Canucks? With what I've quoted you've just laid yourself out as a useless troll. Bettman paying you is it? Maybe your Hodges bitch.

Hmmm.... joins today, hates the Canucks, basks in pseudo/wannabe intellectual straw-man banter, trolls, can't see the many levels of FAIL he has already achieved in under 20 posts...... Hodgson, is that you?

He buried his shoulder into Keith's head...that simple. Play it off anyway you want, the replay says you're wrong. Look, it doesn't excuse

anything Keith did. I'm not defending it, but it's also hockey. It's a big boy's game and Sedin wanted to obviously get Keith's attention....and he did. Keith responded in a very reckless and dangerous way. But please...don't play off Daniel's hit like it was just another check. It wasn't.

Archived