The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Duncan Keith Suspended 5 Games

The Kassassin Train

The way Shanny described the hit in the video...it is a fair suspension (try listening to him but not watching and forgetting what it looked like). However, if you incorporate the things he missed, 5 games is not enough.

He completely failed to mention:

-pre-meditation

-targeting the head as the principle point of contact

-neglecting to play the puck

Considering those points I think it should have been 7+ games.

I'm surprised no one else picked this up during the Canucks and Blackhawks post game show. I thought it was interesting that Dave Tomlinson thought that Duncan Keith deserved maybe 1 game only for his elbow to Daniel Sedin. Maybe its because I was a fan of Tom Larscheid and enjoyed listening to his genuine enthusiasm for hockey and the team and maybe its because I feel the Canucks radio broadcast is unlistenable now with Tomlinson's dry takes, over analysis and derivative passion for Vancouver hockey. I just believe the Team1040 made a big mistake in hiring DT and I know Im not alone in this, its just that most hardcore Canucks fans dont care because hardly anyone listens to the local broadcast anymore. If the Team1040 wants to change the apathy of the fans on this matter get someone on the air that actually cares about the team.

lets think about this from a NHL fan perspective. We are all wanting him to be out for 5-10+ games. But if you look at it from a different view. For example if Kassain or Lapierre did this elbow then every on here would say 2-3 games at most. I think the 5 game suspension is pretty fair, and imo i was expecting a little less.

Lets just get over what people have said and did, and hopefully Danny will take it easy for a little while and be back wanting revenge (in an explosive offensive form) in the playoffs.

PS. Imagine meeting the hawks in the west finals and Danny deking out Keith for the game winner.....I can dream cant i haha

Guys, seriously, just stop it, 5 games is a very reasonable amount. You guys think that Keith is some sort of villain out to get Danny out of the playoffs? No way! Keith is an honest, respectable Canadian boy, and one of the few players I actually like on the Hawks. Sometimes the game gets intense, and players are caught in the moment. Daniel had a Hit on him earlier that he didn't like, so he wanted to get back at him, not concuss him. All he wanted was Danny flat on his a$$. Not injured.

This is why we're the most hated team. NHL called it right.

After all that's said & done ...... Daniel will never be the same again playing hockey. Very very seldom does anyone fully recover from a serious concussion to the head and symptom relapse will never go away for good. Hopefully the damage to Daniel wasn't severe enough to write him off. Let's all pray to the hockey god.

You just have to laugh, otherwise your mind would explode from the sheer stupidity of some Hawks fans....

So now apparently Shanahan is biased against the Hawks! ROFLMFAO!!!! I guess whatever it takes to get you out of bed in the morning, MERPER the MOPE! 24.gif

I'm really not sure how far off the Shanahan theory is... and I am not just saying in this case, but overall... here's a guy who played in probably 1,000 games or more for the St. Louis Blues and Red Wings combined... 2 of the Hawks biggest rivals... he just removed from playing, is friends with several players in the league still (esp. on Detroit)...

the day he was hired, I feared this... NHL rivalries run deeper than other leagues, but you would never see MLB name, say, Roger Clemens as it's sheriff...

Listen, this is just a conspiracy theory, I know... but why do we, Blackhawks fans, even need to be concerned with this?? Was there really not a single retired player farther removed from the league where bad blood towards opposing teams and friendships with players barely exist anymore?

You just have to laugh, otherwise your mind would explode from the sheer stupidity of some Hawks fans....

So now apparently Shanahan is biased against the Hawks! ROFLMFAO!!!! I guess whatever it takes to get you out of bed in the morning, MERPER the MOPE! 24.gif

I called this easily before it aired, i told my friends hes going to cite crosby asking for trouble and finding it, and sure enough its exactly what he said.

The bigger story is will cdc hate ron McLean yet after he said the suspension was not nearly enough, and does absolutely nothing. He wanted shanny on to call him out on how meaningless it is. And how kieth is a hero in hawks eyes.

Apparently Keith has a history of retaliating after he thinks he's been the victim of a dirty hit.

Makes me almost positive this was intentional and premeditated.

I hate when things like this happen, because if we don't do anything, we'll be seen as cowards, otherwise, it could be a bertuzzi situation all over again.

Apparently Keith has a history of retaliating after he thinks he's been the victim of a dirty hit.

Makes me almost positive this was intentional and premeditated.

I hate when things like this happen, because if we don't do anything, we'll be seen as cowards, otherwise, it could be a bertuzzi situation all over again.

Archived