The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Concussion [Confirmed]

CoreyPerry

If he doesn't want to fight, then he shouldn't throw cheapshots. Someone needs to grab him and beat the living daylights out of him. No sucker punches (bertuzzi). Push him a couple of times and make sure he's watching and then drop the gloves and start throwing them.

If the Canucks really want to get back at him, they'll hit kane/hossa/toews all night long.

Like mentioned, get to the 2nd round, and we could very well have Daniel back by then as that gives him plenty of time to recover, recuperate, and get fully healthy.

The first round starts April 11th, and counting today as rest and recuperation, Daniel will already have 19 days (2 weeks and 5 days, if that's easier) of rest. And that's just from now to April 11th. Second round started on April 29th for us last year, although we did start round 1 on April 13, so there is some different dates and such.

So say we make it to the 2nd round, and we start the 2nd round on say April 28th. From now, until April 28th, that's 37 days (5 week and 2 days of rest) of rest for Daniel to heal up and get the proper treatments for his concussion.

So, there is light at the end of the tunnel, but then again, it depends how serious Daniel's symptoms are. Those potential 5 weeks could be very beneficial to Daniel, and he could be back then.

Just trying to stay positive here.

k try and look at this another way... we are with out daniel well we can now say we split the twins up and see just how hank does... if i remember correctly hank kicked butt with out daniel for most of the season two seasons ago.... we will be fine... and you can't tell me you rest all you hope on the twins.... no we will win and we will be fine.... sorry daniel but i think its for the best and i wish you a speedy recovery.

Oh boy. First and foremost you think of Daniel and his family, this has to be a really tough situation for them. Poor Hank as well, we all know twins share a special bond - especially these guys.

We don't know how long he's out for, but clearly, scoring is a concern going forward. Canucks don't have offensive depth like Nash, Pitts, Philly, Det etc (at least not anymore). Avg'd 3.3 goals per game before the trade, avg'ing 2.1 goals per game after trade. Now, with their leading scorer out, boys are going to have to dig deep.

Best wishes Danny.

I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out, saying the suspension is worthless, we've lost Daniel for a long time and all that. Having confirmed Daniel has a concussion just means we can start testing him for recovery, which could take as little as a week. It factored into the suspension already, which was reasonably fair. We can't ask that Keith is out for longer now that we know for sure it's a concussion, or that Keith should stay out as long as Daniel is injured.

It's an emotional response I guess, and it's hard to tell people to be satisfied with the outcome, but it is what it is.

Some folks will not be happy until Wee Duncan get seriously hurt, preferably with a serious head injury .. I count myself as one fan who desires an eye-for-an eye, or a concussion-for-a-concussion .. so lets wish Wee Duncan all the worst ..

Get well soon Danny! Don't rush things, take your time and make sure you're ready to comeback. Dont take too long though ;), just make it in time for playoffs.

On a positive take of this situation, this will give players like Raymond and Kassian an opportunity to better gear up for the playoffs by giving them more minutes (like in Dallas, that line was pretty good imo, speed of Raymond, size, grit of Kass, Henrik's playmaking).

I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out, saying the suspension is worthless, we've lost Daniel for a long time and all that. Having confirmed Daniel has a concussion just means we can start testing him for recovery, which could take as little as a week. It factored into the suspension already, which was reasonably fair. We can't ask that Keith is out for longer now that we know for sure it's a concussion, or that Keith should stay out as long as Daniel is injured.

It's an emotional response I guess, and it's hard to tell people to be satisfied with the outcome, but it is what it is.

Reasonably fair? Uhuh. Sorry. Nope. And I'd be saying that if it was bloody Keith laid up with a concussion. You know what post concussive syndrome is? It's potentially career ending, it can seriously affect peripheral vision and can take a player off their best game permanently. It can cause mood swings, depression, and has been linked to athletes who succumb to alcoholism. Keith lost a few bucks and a few games, big frikin whoop. I doubt his elbow was even sore 2 minutes after he purposefully risked ending Sedin's career. Now however, D Sedin has to worry about his head a helluva lot more than Keith does, for the rest of his natural born life - on AND off the ice. 5 regular season games seem fair now? Hardly.

The punitive judgment here was entirely off, just straight up weak as hell. Anyone without blinders on can see that. Sure Danny may come back and be his usual monster self, but just what if that little wee man's elbow means Danny never plays the same again? Because that's exactly what that elbow could have/may have accomplished. No way a 5 game regular season suspension is adequate. No way at all. If not for the fact that it's our top scorer, than simply due to past suspensions on our own players - which - contextually speaking - were 100 times worse than this a$$hat judgment on Keith.

This suspension needed to carry over into the playoffs before it could be considered a legitimite smack down. "We can't ask that Keith is out longer"? Gimme a break. We shouldn't have to frikin ask.

Archived