The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Will Always Be My Favourite!

NV33

Was just watching a lot of videos on youtube about Luongo and just wanted to say hes still my man!

Interestingly I play goalie and I actually incorporate a lot of stuff that I've seen Schneider do when I see him on tv, however I guess I'm still a bigger fan of Louie

I kind of just wanted to make this post because it always seems like people hate on players that have done so much for the Canucks organization, such as Markus Naslund whom I actually still miss to this day! Its unfortunate that during the latter part of his career people were calling him MARKUS HASBEEN on the team 1040 lol

I really hope we win the cup this year with Luongo, although I feel that our best chance was probably last year

Regardless, I won't stop believing in this group and going to continue to enjoy the product they put on the ice.

Letting in 8 and 5 goals in SCF games by any good goalie is unheard of. The Canucks will only win if AV and MG have the guts to switch to Schneider for good when Luongo lets in 2 softies or quickies in his coming playoff meltdown of 2012.

Fans in this city are generally just ungrateful, especially the new generation of fans. This team has been good for quite some time now, and they take it for granted.

A lot of the Canucks fans these days don't remember when Vancouver was considered the "goalie graveyard". Anybody who lived through those dark years as a fan understands how lucky we were as a franchise to pry Lu out of Florida.

Fans often look at Luongo's meltdowns last spring but the fact of the matter is the entire team was just not good in the finals against the Bruins. A goalie has a bad game and it's extremely noticeable. A forward has a bad game and most casual fans won't take much note.

As much as Luongo is a big part of the core of this team, and a leader for the team, where was the rest of our big-name players against the Bruins? Nowhere to be found. Anyone who places all the blame solely on Luongo either didn't watch the playoffs or just has a blind hatred for Luongo.

That's not to say he played well in Boston, or in game 7. I don't think anyone could claim that he did, but to place Lu under the spotlight and blame him for losing that series is unwarranted.

Scoring 8 goals in 7 games by any elite team with the highest scoring in the regular season is unheard of. The Canucks will only win if the Sedins Kesler and the rest of the team show up along with Luongo.

i don't care how many times we were blown out.. but the fact was even in blown out games.. the player just half way gave up? like you don't even try to score on the other team to set the tone for the next game and just folding it in?

seriously?? in game 7.. after Luongo gave up the soft goal.. the team kinda just deflated?? in a game 7? u just give in after 1 goal?? Luongo was at fault for some of the games in the SCF for sure he's definitely not off the hook.. but it seems like u guys are saying we woulda won in the finals if schnieder played the series instead of Luongo.. let's say Schneider played in the finals instead and have a gaa of 2.0 which is excellent by any goalie.. we prolly woulda lost game 1, game 2, game 3 and 4 coz 2 goals against is already too big of a mountain for us to overcome.

The team sucked in the finals last year also, but Lui did too. He played three great games and four games that were downright pathetic in comparison to other goalies in the finals over time. And no one has mentioned the first round meltdown and the previous two years against Chicago with some terrible games he played. I'm hoping he can get it together and put a consistent effort in this year and win the damn cup finally! If he falters again, drag his sorry azz out of net and put Cory in there and dump him in the offseason.

Luongo is a great goalie, will a tendancy to choke. I dislike him and his tendancy to choke combined with his ego and salary.

Schnieds will immediately say that was my fault on a goal or a game, Luongo will throw his team-mates under the bus. It seems the fans will do the same.

Archived