The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

As has been said, I think that a lot of fans were cheering because they *LOVE* Schnieder.

But for the ones who were doing it out of spite, let's face it - Luongo was not having a good game. I can't blame fans for letting him know they didn't appreciate that. Perhaps it was not completely fair since a couple of those goals were wide-open scoring chances he had little hope of stopping... but still.

The fans' reaction comes from years of Luongo simply not bringing his A-game all the time. Compare that to Cory, who is *always* good, if not spectacular.... and it is no surprise people will cheer to see Cory replace him.

My personal opinion is that Vancouver s never had a dominant team like we ve had the past couple of years. The success is something Vancouver obviously loves and any time the foot comes off the pedal, fans get uneasy. Our want to win everything sometimes causes unfair reactions and last night was one of those examples. The simple fact is we finally have a perenial contender; Enjoy the ride.

That being said, I think it s unfair to say Lou sucked last night. Gragnani was attrocious in front of him and hung him out to dry all night.

My problem with Lou is his lack of emotion. It s almost like he does nt care if he wins or not. He doesn t communicate with his D men. Gragnani deserved a good ripping and I hope he got it in the dressing room. He shows good offensive promise but his defensive side is lacking. I really hope they work hard with him next training camp as I think he could be a great fit.

Is it just me? Or does Vancouver play better in front of Schneids? Yes they gave up a couple more scoring chances after Lou was pulled, but their defensive game really picked up in the third. A 12 to 1 edge in shots showed this. When the D plays to their potential, it doesn t matter who s in net, they re virtually unbeatable. I would like to see consistancy on the defensive side of the puck.

Go Canucks.

You don't cheer when your team has just given up a goal. Do you know which fans are supposed to cheer after a goal?

I want to see Schneider get pulled at home once just to prove my point. When your team has given up 4 goals and the goalie gets yanked, you should just be quiet and pray that the team will come back.

What schneids thinks of everything.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392193

After the goal, Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault tried to spark his club by replacing Luongo with Cory Schneider, who drew a loud cheer as he skated into the crease.

Schneider stopped all nine shots he faced, but the backup was reluctant to take credit for the win that went on his record. He dismissed the idea that the Canucks play differently in front of him.

"The score indicated the way we played," he said. "When it's 4-2 you have to start pressing and play better. There's nothing Lou can do when guys are sitting alone untouched in front of the net like that. It was more the circumstance than who was in net."

Schneider also took exception to the way fans responded when he entered the game and Luongo left.

"It's getting old," said Schneider. "I'm glad they like me and support me, but he's a guy that has done a lot for this team and this city -- and he deserves a lot better than that."

I guess winning a gold medal in our arena and getting to game 7 of the cup final isn't enough, I hope we lose both goaltenders and the goalie graveyard lives on! Our fans are not smart enough to blame any other aspect of the game except for goaltending time and time again. Disgusting and embarrassing.

Luongo let in a single questionable goal, the other three were either on the defense or he had no chance on. The fans may have cheered for Schneider coming in, but we all know that the crowd was also giving it to Luongo in a way because they always have and always will. That's just how Vancouver works. They'd boo Schneider too if he let in 4 in one game.

Luongo can play better but, the booing was unnecessary. The cheers for Schneider are great.

Lu's still the man come playoff time.

Luongo let in a single questionable goal, the other three were either on the defense or he had no chance on. The fans may have cheered for Schneider coming in, but we all know that the crowd was also giving it to Luongo in a way because they always have and always will. That's just how Vancouver works. They'd boo Schneider too if he let in 4 in one game.

Luongo can play better but, the booing was unnecessary. The cheers for Schneider are great.

Lu's still the man come playoff time.

Bang on .. one bad goal and three he may have got, but the defensive coverage was terrible .. all that being said, if I spent over $200.00 for a ticket, I may boo as well .. I am sure Lui has trouble hearing the boos, tho, for the sound of the cash register ringing in his ears .. what does he make .. $150,000.00 per start?? .. I can handle a bit of booing for that kind of money ..

Eff you OP. I was at the game and was def cheering when Lou got pulled. We all paid money for our tix and can cheer or yell if we want. Lou is a plug. He played bad and I'm glad Rogers arena let him know. This province has grown tired of his poor play and we all know Cory is the better tender. We won't win the cup with Lou and Vancouver fans have come to realize this. I'd bench Lou starting thurs..

You can say he's done alot for the city but I don't see a cup ring on hos finger.., only a riot which he indirectly caused with his brilliant play during the most important series of his life..

Go schnieds!!! Nucks for the cup!!

What else should I expect from the same city that booed TEAM CANADA in 1972?!?!?!?

One might think we'd grown up since then, but the goalie grave yard and two riots later it's clear we have not.

All of this equals no Stanley Cup and it looks good on you idiots that booed last night.

Archived