The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Little Dissapointed In Av's Second Line Heading In To The Playoffs

406281dylan

Clearly we have a dilemma with Mason Raymond because when a guy like Lapierre goes on your top two lines and unexpectidly performs you got to make the right decision. Truth is Raymond can be a huge asset but Lapierre has potential also. I understand Lapierre is the man who drives the fourth ine to success. But i wa hoping we would enter playoffs with a more physical team then last year. But i feel that having Raymond in the lineup brings us back to square 1. I think we have a solid chance of winning but there has been times this year where L.A has got the best of us in the physical category. I rather bench Raymond then Manny because the team does not always show up with out Mannys leadership. Raymond can also be a distraction because you will start him on a top line he will score dirty goals for two straight games and then he wont show up. That is why I would judge Raymond by th e period. The lines should look like this.

Sedins-Burrows (If they get pushed around split the Sedins)

Lapierre-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Bitz-Manny-Weise/Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Salo-Edler

Alberts/Tanev-Rome

Lu

Schneid

*Every single year Lappy has been in the NHL he has began the playoffs on the fourth but then ends up moving to a diffrent line. Last year cody only had one point in round 1 so they slowly faded lappy in with the third line and before you knew it he was starting every game on the third line.

The decision to put Mason Raymond on the second line is correct when the Los Angeles Kings are likely going to play the trap against the Canucks. Raymond can pick up the puck in flight in the neutral zone from a good tape-to-tape pass from our defencemen and expose the backwards skating Kings.

Just because he is starting on the 2nd line doesn't mean he will stay there for the duration of the playoffs. This is Raymond's last chance at salvaging his spot on the team heading into next season so I would rather see him get the best opportunity possible to prove himself and I think AV is giving him that chance, but he will likely be on a short leash. The playoffs are when the players bring their game to the next level and we know Kesler is capable of doing it and I'm confident Booth can too so if Raymond still can't produce when the two on his line are at the top of there game then it will be official, he will have no place on team in the near future.

The decision to put Mason Raymond on the second line is correct when the Los Angeles Kings are likely going to play the trap against the Canucks. Raymond can pick up the puck in flight in the neutral zone from a good tape-to-tape pass from our defencemen and expose the backwards skating Kings.

Well Lapierre is the becoming of the next Burrows, how do you think Burrows became a first line player, by playing the same role as Lapierre and grinding his way to the top. Lapierre is the exact same player and is doing the exact same things, and he will be the next Burrows, there is a reason why these 2 players grew up only 30 mins apart from each other in Quebec. They are brothers from another mother!

I think Raymond needs to be on the top 6 this spring....

YES, Higgins would be better on the 2nd than Raymond... but the 3rd would be so much worse with Raymond instead of Higgins.

It's more important to have Raymond on the 2nd and Higgins anchoring the 3rd than Vice Versa.

Clearly we have a dilemma with Mason Raymond because when a guy like Lapierre goes on your top two lines and unexpectidly performs you got to make the right decision. Truth is Raymond can be a huge asset but Lapierre has potential also. I understand Lapierre is the man who drives the fourth ine to success. But i wa hoping we would enter playoffs with a more physical team then last year. But i feel that having Raymond in the lineup brings us back to square 1. I think we have a solid chance of winning but there has been times this year where L.A has got the best of us in the physical category. I rather bench Raymond then Manny because the team does not always show up with out Mannys leadership. Raymond can also be a distraction because you will start him on a top line he will score dirty goals for two straight games and then he wont show up. That is why I would judge Raymond by th e period. The lines should look like this.

Sedins-Burrows (If they get pushed around split the Sedins)

Lapierre-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Bitz-Manny-Weise/Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Salo-Edler

Alberts/Tanev-Rome

Lu

Schneid

problem with raymond is that... when he gets put down to the fourth, he doesnt play hard.

a player with his speed should be able to make the other teams 4th line (and hopefully) bottom d-pairing look silly - but the fact is, when raymond gets demoted he dissapears even harder! im SO sick of seeing raymond skate around throwing terrible passes to other teams d-men. if there is a weak spot on our team, it is raymond.

Archived