The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bitz Upcoming Suspension

Harbinger

Do you honestly believe Bitz doesn't deserve a suspension? After all the whinning around here after the Keith hit on D Sedin, I can't believe that anyone would look at that play and say that he doesn't deserve to sit a game or two. Let's be fair here and admit when someone from our own team screws the pooch shall we?

I also believe that Weber will get at least 2 games, maybe more, as his hit at the end of the Detroit/Nashville game was a intentional attempt to injure.

So Bitz gets two games for a hit that happens regularly in hockey. Yes it's a head shot I know...but there was no intent to injure. Weber on the other hand took both hands and intentionally smashed Zetterberg's head into the glass. That's a clear intent to injure so I have no idea what Shanahan has been smoking at his office. What a friggin Joke. For that I hope the Redwings come back and demolish the Preds in that series.

+1 for this. The league itself is broken. Fairness is only considered when variables like homerism, favoritism, sales/ad revenue/tickets aren't being called into question. Since that is virtually never, we always see the results of a league taking a beautiful game and turning it into a bloody WWE wrestling event. That is just plain bad decision making and shameful management of this great game.

In the art world they say this: "when money dictates what is classified as art, art is destroyed as it's own result". That axiom has been proven over and over again, many times. Same thing can be applied to our sport. When money dictates the rules of fair play, objectivity is murdered, and the game ends up destroyed as it's own result.

I really couldn't care less what the NHL does to get interest and money into the sport. Dancing frikin Bears, naked women at games, green men, celebrity endorsements, hell, anything! Anything except effing with the game. Leave the damned game alone. When someone is out of line, take them out of the line. When a player effs up he sits, no matter who the frack it is. Full stop. Who gives a rats butt who they are, whether or not they wear a C on their jersey, or whether or not their city will lose a few thousand bucks from wannabe fans. If losing a star is required, then so be it, for the sake of this game if nothing else.

The head office of the NHL has it all frikin wrong man, completely seeing things backwards. They're trying to reverse engineer this game, rather than fixing what is so obviously broken.

At some point hockey fans, GM's, players and team owners truly have to rally against what this league has become, because operating procedures as they exist today are completely flawed and cancerous to the very game itself.

Just so I'm clear. Shanahan has already stated that 1 playoff game suspension = 12 regular season games.

So, Keith gets 5 regular season games which is equivalent of 1/3 of 1 playoff game. Meanwhile, Canucks are still without Daniel.

Shea Weber (a repeat offender), gets a $2,500 fine for smashing someones head into the glass in the last minute of game. Isn't there some sort of NHL rule that any fights, instigators or large issues that happened in last 5 minutes of game are suspendable?!?

Bitz (1st time offender) gets 2 playoff games, which is the equivalent of 24 regular season games.

I hope Gillis laughs in Shanahans face. What a joke of a league.

Still no official link? just a twitter comment?

wth? it's already 7:30 out east....

BTW can anyone find a video of the Shane Doan boarding call on Mark Giordano? Phoenix vs. Calgary March 16, 2012

He got fined a measly $2500 for that one, and he is a multiple repeat offender (got suspended 3 games not even a week later for something else)

If you can find it post it for reference. TheScore seemed to have a clip which is "no longer available" and for some strange reason I can't find it ANYWHERE else... the hit happened at 7:49 of the 1st period.

Archived