Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

[Pgt] Kings 4, Canucks 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
346 replies to this topic

#301 jtt

jtt

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Luongo was the only reason why this game wasn't a blowout loss!

that's why we pay him $10 million...we should EXPECT him to do this EVERY night.....

#302 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Think our concern shouldn't be on Luongo tonight.

Btw, anyone wanna let me know what the LA Kings said that was so classless?

It was a tweet from the LA Kings twitter account that said something like, "You're welcome all of Canada other than BC" or something like that. I dont really see the big deal, just shows that they are just as cocky as the Canucks and like other posters have said, they haven't won the series yet...

Edited by Kesler_smash, 12 April 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#303 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

It was a tweet from the LA Kings twitter account that said something like, "You're welcome all of Canada other than BC" or something like that.

Sad, it's been only 1 game. Why would they want to wake up the Canucks :)?

Posted Image

#304 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. They make it seem like they did everybody a great favour by beating the Canucks in game one. They haven't won anything yet and the series is far from over.

It'll bite them in the ass if (when) Canucks win the series.

Remember how the Canadiens did everyone a favour by beating Boston in the 1st (& 2nd) game of the playoffs last year? Sure ruined their run.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#305 jtt

jtt

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Luongo was the only reason why this game wasn't a blowout loss!

if u don't expect him to provide phenomenal goaltending every night...why pay him $10 million? maybe we coulda used another stud D to shore up to defence or another star scorer to provide some offence....

#306 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

I swear my blood pressure was up a few points watching that game it was abit stressful because of the lackluster effort. I swear I felt about 10 degrees warmer during the game and now that I went away and relaxed I feel much better haha. Oh well I'll be back Friday cheering and hoping for a win like I always do. Off to go read "A Clash of Kings" and get my mind further away from hockey until Friday when I'm sure I'll be stressing out again...

#307 Captain Vietnam

Captain Vietnam

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Luongo, Hansen and Hamhuis had an outstanding game tonight. The rest of the team was average to mediocre at best. The reffing sucked tonight for both teams and they didn't decide the game for anyone. Our inability to score on the PP and the numerous penalties we took did us in.

Kesler, Burrows, and Henrik need to stop diving and just play their game. I realized that we will need Daniel back at some point in this series for us to move on. Henrik is trying to do too much out their and he feels overwhelmed at times in the cycle down low. Raymond did his usual flybys again tonight and he looked lost for a good portion of the game.

Discipline is the obvious key to game 2. Cliche as it may sound, the amount of PP time the Kings had tonight was a dream come true for any team in the playoffs.

Luongo was lights out and played a great game. Edler needs to find his game or else we are in a heap of trouble.

#308 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

if u don't expect him to provide phenomenal goaltending every night...why pay him $10 million? maybe we coulda used another stud D to shore up to defence or another star scorer to provide some offence....

It doesn't matter how much you pay a goalie. They will always put up stinkers. It's a fact. Even the best of them had their share of horrible games.

Not to mention, Luongo has had way more great games compared to bad ones. So please, spare me the "he should be good every night" garbage.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#309 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

We didn't deserve to win tonight... Kings carried majority of the play.

Quick wasn't great, but he came up big when it counted. He's definitely still a little shaky, and we needed to hit the net a lot more than we did tonight.

Luongo was excellent, he came up big right from the get-go.

Bitz is a moron and should be suspended, and scratched for the rest of the series at least.

Oh well, GAME 2!

#310 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Kings won because of Powerplays, that's pretty much it. They still suck

#311 CrazyAL

CrazyAL

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

What's this hardon with Higgins on the third line? I don't get it, seems like a total waste of offensive talent but what do I know.

#312 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

Kings won because of Powerplays, that's pretty much it. They still suck

They won because they outplayed us. The third goal was a lucky bounce, but hockey's just a game of bounces. Canucks had a lot of missed chances today due to bad bounces.

Posted Image

#313 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

They won because they outplayed us. The third goal was a lucky bounce, but hockey's just a game of bounces. Canucks had a lot of missed chances today due to bad bounces.

Two goals came on the powerplay. The Kesler call was BS, and Bitz...Well, that was just a stupid thing for him to do. The ton of PPs they had was a huge factor in the game.

Edited by CanuckianOne, 12 April 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#314 hammer4

hammer4

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

LUUUU.... besides that - that's about it
Posted Image

#315 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Two goals came on the powerplay. The Kesler call was BS, and Bitz...Well, that was just a stupid thing for him to do. The ton of PPs they had was a huge factor in the game.

Have you ever thought maybe it was the way the Kings played that led to those powerplays? When you're chasing a lot, you tend to take more penalties. We were pressured in our own zone and we flicked the puck over the glass. That's a penalty every time.

Bitz made a dirty hit to the head, it's a standard 5 minutes.

If the Canucks played with more hustle, maybe the other team would chase and take hooking/tripping/slashing calls as well.

The refs weren't perfect, but it happens to every team. Kings had a lot of missed powerplays also. We had our powerplays, we just didn't score on them. We couldn't even set up.

Posted Image

#316 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Presidents trophy hangover. Hopefully they remember that it means nothing, and that they don't deserve to win any more than anyone else.

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

#317 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Have you ever thought maybe it was the way the Kings played that led to those powerplays? When you're chasing a lot, you tend to take more penalties. We were pressured in our own zone and we flicked the puck over the glass. That's a penalty every time.

If the Canucks played with more hustle, maybe the other team would chase and take hooking/tripping/slashing calls as well.

The refs weren't perfect, but it happens to every team. Kings had a lot of missed powerplays also. We had our powerplays, we just didn't score on them. We couldn't even set up.

I'm not saying we played well, I'm saying that the amount of PP time the Kings got really killed any momentum that could have been gained from the first goal. The Kesler unsportsmanlike call was pretty weak. It was those two stupid penalties that I was really aiming at. Not the others. I do agree that the effort tonight wasn't enough to win.

Edited by CanuckianOne, 12 April 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#318 themonicator

themonicator

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

What's this hardon with Higgins on the third line? I don't get it, seems like a total waste of offensive talent but what do I know.

Honestly, I was stoked about Pahlsson's line but I thought they were getting rocked especially in the second period. Richard's line is just as potent as the Kopitar line. I didn't like Kesler's game today. I remember he was great in the CHI series last year shutting down Toews' line. AV has to find the best matchups.
Posted Image

Our Prospects

#319 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

^ yea. Our shutdown line combined for a total of -4 today.

Posted Image

#320 Adrienne

Adrienne

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Idk what game you guys watched, most of the canucks did fine.

Luongo. Amazing except first goal
Hamhuis, amazing defense and offense.
Bieksa did fine.
Tanev made one mistake, otherwise nice blocks and defense.
Burrows was arguably mvp after luongo except for that last bounce.
Raymond was doing fine, he didn't have a lot of opportunities at all, and with the ones he had, he lands decent shots.
Booth did well, he just doesn't work with kesler
Kesler was horrific.
Bitz hit was dangerous, doesn't matter if he doesn't have elbow up, he knew the player was vulnerable.

STFU with the crying, we got like 2 5v3pks, a 5 min, and like 6 other pks and had AMAZING defense. Bad bounces are bad. We barely had any chance to play 5v5. I agree our PP is lacking, but the chances are good, don't forget that quick is a vezina-level goalie. We're fine, the sky isn't falling. Take out the bitz 5min penalty, and our 2 flicks-over-the-board, and we would have had a very fair chance. And no, its not the refs, it's us.

#321 MariWanna

MariWanna

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

As a Canucks fan I am ashamed of my team today. Not for the loss, not for the utter lack of effort by everyone not named Luongo, but for the diving antics of the team.

They are men. Grow the hell up and stop disrespecting the sanctity of the game

Well deserved result for the Canucks. $10 million between Booth and Kesler was non existent
Players watching the game rather than playing in it

Pathetic. If I wasn't a born and raised Vancouverite who grew up with the Canucks as being a part of my fabric I'd freaking hate us too. Diving, summersaulting, cartwheeling - if I wanted to watch gymnastics I'd have bought tickets to the London Olympics.

Embarassed

Embarrassed*

Sorry, I had to do it. You sound like a smartass to me. :rolleyes:

BELIEVE

"The more saves you make, the more they rally around you. And you do whatever it takes to keep them believing. That's what a city can do for a goalie, and a goalie can do for a city."

Posted Image

#322 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Damn, I never realized that this was Kesler's first multipoint game since Boxing Day against the Oilers.

Edited by WZRD, 12 April 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#323 magoomba

magoomba

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Edler got on the scoresheet, but man did he have some mental lapses in the d-zone today.

#324 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

This is our team

Posted Image

Posted Image

#325 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

Yeah, so much for Kesler "beast mode". The only time he wasn't invisible was when he was diving, whining or generally acting like a tool.

Hammer was great though

I don't get why they play so poorly in front of Luongo and so well in front of Schneids

The team simply thinks Luongo, and his experience, ought to be able to bail them out; whereas, with Schneider in net they treat him like the relatively inexperienced netminder that he is.

Key word: *relatively* (for all the morons who think I'm saying Schneider is a raw rookie)

Anyone else like kassian's game tonight......he didn't see much ice, but he was into the game, no doubt. I liked his fire

I did too. He looked mean out there and created room. Gotta get him out there against Richards & Brown and settle those two down. Grab one and start filling him in, if need be.

So why did Gillis trade two 4th round picks for Pahlsson?

Kesler was in the box for 1 penalty, and still had 4:34 of shorthanded TOI. Meanwhile, Higgins only had 2:35, Pahlsson 2:46, Lappy had :54 sec, Raymond had :54 sec. You're telling me AV couldn't give more shorthanded TOI to any of those guys (specifically Pauly) to reduce Keslers TOI? TOI is the coaches territory. They tap the players on the back and send them out. Keslers been injured in every playoffs for the last 2 years, you think he'd learn by now.

Yet people whine & b!tch that the Sedins rot on the bench in games like this and should be out there killing penalties to "stay in the game"...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#326 TheGreatDane36

TheGreatDane36

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

Thank you.

Oh yea and for those of you who said that the Kings relied on the PP to win the game.

http://canucks.nhl.c...m?id=2010030324

Oh the irony.

Edited by TheGreatDane36, 12 April 2012 - 01:30 AM.

#327 Sami Solo

Sami Solo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

4th liners need to frack off.

You need a fourth to win a cup. We sure didn't have one tonight

#328 Sami Solo

Sami Solo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

4th liners need to frack off.

You need a fourth to win a cup. We sure didn't have one tonight

#329 Hugh Chardon

Hugh Chardon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Hey, guess what.....it's over. The Canucks are done.

#330 Hugh Chardon

Hugh Chardon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

And what the hell is up with this Byron Bitz dude....what sort of name is that any way....he sounds like the owner of a gay nightclub.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.