The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Kings 4, Canucks 2

Ryan Murray

I don't really like our lines.

I would rather have Lapierre with Hank and Burr.

Perhaps reunite Higgins with Kes and Booth?

But then I'm at a loss for the 3rd line. Move Kassian up? Or what about Reinprecht?

The 4th line was kind of hard to watch today. With Bitz gone, who slots in?

Also, can we please have Hamhuis and Bieksa together?

Please? :(

First time in a long time that I can say that Higgins was invisible. I honestly don't understand why AV won't switch Higgs and Raymond. Get the AMEX back together and I honestly think that Raymond will make that line even better with his great speed on the forecheck with Hansen. The only time I noticed Raymond today was with a couple great checks and backchecks which fit that line perfectly.

Luo was great and I thought that Booth was good even though he didn't play very much.

Lappy back on the first please.

On to Friday.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of this "tough team". People cry about us being weak (which happened to get us to game 7 of the cup finals last year), so MG goes and builds us a gritty team. Its like MG forgot that these people haven't played playoff hockey before because everything they do is a ???? penalty! Kassian was stupid tonight, took unnecessary penalties. Bitz should be sat the rest of the playoffs with or without suspension.

All in all. Game was a joke. The 'Nucks never woke up. Luongo is the only reason they were even in that game. As for the inconsistant reffing (its not the reason we lost, but it was still ???? stupid), LET THEM PLAY HOCKEY!

Hard to play a good game when you get buried under penalties. Can't be motivated to play hard and keep the intensity up when you're afraid every bump is going to become a charging penalty.

Don't blame this one on the refs my ass. Nothing sucks the life out of a team faster than putting them on the penalty kill for half a period, and then throwing a 5 minute at them later. Didn't see a lot of those plays being called in the other series starters that were played today, and I watched bits and pieces of most of them.

Another thing I mentioned earlier in the GDT is that having Daniel out throws the forward units out of whack. Currently, AV is icing Raymond on the top line and Lapierre on the 2nd line. It kind of looks like a nuts and bolts lineup at the moment, for lack of a better term. It's also a blessing and a curse that Higgins has worked so well on the 3rd line. It's a blessing because that line has been amazing for awhile now and it's a curse because it means someone else has to play on the 2nd line.

Anyway, hopefully Daniel comes back for Game 2 so everything can be balanced again. I would also like to see Kassian on the 2nd line, which would also allow the team to ice a VERY strong 4th line:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Lapierre

^ See how much better everything looks with Daniel back?

Booth - Kesler -

It's a bumpy road to the finals. Remeber last year in the Chicago series when we got blown out of the rink in games 4 and 5? The team looked absolutely terrible on more than one occasion during our run last year. But this team has learned how to win, they know what it takes, and they'll figure this LA team out. This is only one game. We move on to the next one. This series is probably going to take 7, but we'll prevail.

some early adversity

no need for panic

shore up discipline.

work harder, and remove the stupid plays like throwing the puck over the glass

work on PP

the weird schedule will help, give dan more time to recover

disappointed, but not worried

Archived