The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Kings 4, Canucks 2

Ryan Murray

I don't see why it's necessary to bash Edler because of his mistakes today. Every player makes mistakes and today it was him. He's been decent throughout the season and there's no reason to throw him under the bus.

We're probably going to win game 2 and you'll all be happy again.

There is no way the Canucks give out 8 PPs to the Kings next game. Other then Luongo, Hansen, Lapierre and Burrows, we played like sh*t - our PP let us down again. We need fast and crisp puck movement like last season on the PP - zone entry was a bit better today. AMEX needs to be reunited and Lappy needs to be on first with Hank and Burr again. I've always preferred Bieksa-Hamhuis and Edler-Salo, please change it back to normal. Would love to know how Ballard is doing ..

I see a lot of complaints about our diving, and I agree. i saw 3 very obvious dives. However, the Kesler one where he fell backwards and all that jazz didnt seem intentional to me, i think it was a legit fall/somersault because of how he played Richards' body. Same with the Henrik "dive" ...looked like he lost an edge which tends to happen when you're playing along the boards in that awkward corner of the ice. However ...all the 'obvious' dives pissed me off so much, frackkkkk.

Reffing was interesting. All the time spent on the PK really effed up our 5 on 5 flow but loss is not on refs, its on the team. Will the real Vancouver Canucks PLEASE stand up on Friday?

PS - Richards is a fracking b*tch.

If the Canucks are gonna get past the Kings (or any other team) they'll need to rediscover their ability to play with some urgency - 'whistle to whistle'. They haven't been able to demonstrate that kind of consistency in intensity throughout the regular season. They (barely) managed to achieve the best record over the season and it seems miraculous that they were able to (barely) win 8 of their last 9 games. A team can't continue (barely) beating other teams by a goal or in OT/SO and expect to turn on the switch when you get into the playoffs. Against a team like the Kings, with Quick in Goal and a number of big, fast and strong weapons up front, you've got to win the races and out-work them if you want a chance to win. Our powerplay has the talent but its lacking intensity - that intensity hasn't been seen for the last 2 months. Daniel isn't the answer...

The best player tonight was Luongo. Other players with decent games were Hansen, Hamhuis, Lapierre, Booth and Raymond for me. Also, aside from that one, albeit HUGE, giveaway, Tanev was pretty good.

Absolutely no coincidence that when our last (or second-to last) powerplay simply shot the puck, we saw our best powerplay of the night.

EDIT: Really hated the embellishing too. Just embarrassing...

I was more disappointed with the diving and embellishment than the loss (they deserved to lose this game)... Canucks need to man up, play the damn game and quit that crap, it's embarassing.

LA came out and competed at the level I expected. Canucks on the other hand looked lazy for most of the game and deserved those penalties. The only bright spot was the play of Luongo.

Overall, the better team won... that lazy regular season style hockey is not going to get it done in the playoffs. I expect a vastly improved compete level Friday.

Archived