The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

7 Teams Lost Game 1, Do You Think They All Are Going To Lose The Series?

Yung Pony

So many Canucks "fans" are ridiculous. We lost game one, that does not mean we are going to lose the series.

Take a look at the other teams which have lost game 1 so far this year

-St.Louis

-Chicago

-Detroit

-Ottawa

-Washington

-Pittsburgh

Do you also think all of those teams are going to lose their series?

Guest BuckFoston

Yes, but not all of those teams lost game 1 at home. There is an expectation to win the first game at home, obviously it doesn't always happen, but that's what home ice advantage is for. If it didn't matter, teams wouldn't be trying to get it all year now would they?

I am not one of the people that had a heart attack here last night, but there is more pressure than ever on game 2 now. Because if you lose 2 home games in a row you may as well start packing. I expect a better effort tomorrow, until then there is no reason to freak out.

Funny you point it out...

San Jose 7th seed defeated the 2nd need. (St.Lous heavily favored to win that series)

L.A beating Vancouver

PHilly beating Pittsburgh who is favored and still in my mind favored to win the cup....

PHoenx shocking Chicago... but not surprised, MIke Smith is in beast mode.

Just ignore the Crazy Canuck fans out there....

Recent stats show that winning game 1 doesn't make a huge difference to the series outcome. In the last 16 series, the team that won the first game only ended up winning 8 teams. In other words it made no difference. Obviously winning Game 1 helps, but it comes nowhere close to significantly increasing your chances of winning the series. Canucks are still easily in this.

The Canucks just didn't show any positives Wednesday (other than luongo Hansen and maybe hammer). This is where the freak outs are coming from. People don't like what they see! I think that this next game so important just because you can't go down 2-0 going in to LA. I hope this team shows us something to cheer for tomorrow and comes out on top

Yes, but not all of those teams lost game 1 at home. There is an expectation to win the first game at home, obviously it doesn't always happen, but that's what home ice advantage is

for. If it didn't matter, teams wouldn't be trying to

get it all year now would they?

I am not one of the people that had a heart attack here last night, but there is more pressure than ever on game 2 now. Because if you lose 2 home games in a row you may as well start packing. I expect a better effort tomorrow, until then there is no reason to freak out.

Archived