The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Start Schneider Sunday

irani1378

The team is playing like crap in front of Luongo's crease. Put Schneider in game 3, the team will probably play better in front of him as they usually do for some reason and the Canucks will win. Then all the Schneider lovers will say it was because of him.

luongo wasn't the problem in first two games, but he definitely wasn't the solution. He makes some big saves, which every NHL goalie has to do, he still gives up te one or two weak goals, which is unacceptable. I don't see why fans think he played great by giving up 7 goals over two games, under 900 save percentage, give up 1 weak goal a game, and still rave about his play.

The question you have to ask is whether he is the BETTER solution to give you win. Between him and Schneider, who gives you a better chance to win. Who is more likely to let in only 1 or 2 goals, who is more likely to pitch a shut out, to be that brick wall or who is more likely to give up less than 7 goals over next 2 games. Think about it that way and I think your .940 save percetange goalie who has been cool and consistent all year, is your guy.

It's a shame that this sorry franchise always chooses to go down with its starting goalie. They did it twice with the Cloutier sieve and they repeat the same mistakes with Luongo again and again even though they have a more than capable backup goalie sitting on the bench.

Luongo is one of the main reasons why the Ds are running around in chaos when he always redirects all pucks, even those from dump ins, to the corners and sideboards and has his Ds take hits after hits by the big Kings. Luongo should be playing goalie and not table tennis in the Canucks goal. Fools only look at the spectacular saves Luongo makes, which he always does, that have earned him a big contract. But the fact is that Luongo is a goalie who makes easy saves looks spectacular but who cannot make crucial saves at crucial times. A 3.59 GAA and a .891 save percentage by Luongo will win you no games vs Quick who basically has shut the door. If AV and MG has guts and courage, they MUST start Schneider who gives up almost haly a goal less than Luongo per game and who has a better save percentage than Quick the next game in LA.

GET ONE BACK BY SCHNEIDER IN LA AND THE CANUCKS ARE BACK IN THE SERIES. SCHNEIDER SIMPLY CANNOT BE WORSE THAN LUONGO.

It's a shame that this sorry franchise always chooses to go down with its starting goalie. They did it twice with the Cloutier sieve and they repeat the same mistakes with Luongo again and again even though they have a more than capable backup goalie sitting on the bench.

Luongo is one of the main reasons why the Ds are running around in chaos when he always redirects all pucks, even those from dump ins, to the corners and sideboards and has his Ds take hits after hits by the big Kings. Luongo should be playing goalie and not table tennis in the Canucks goal. Fools only look at the spectacular saves Luongo makes, which he always does, that have earned him a big contract. But the fact is that Luongo is a goalie who makes easy saves looks spectacular but who cannot make crucial saves at crucial times. A 3.59 GAA and a .891 save percentage by Luongo will win you no games vs Quick who basically has shut the door. If AV and MG has guts and courage, they MUST start Schneider who gives up almost haly a goal less than Luongo per game and who has a better save percentage than Quick the next game in LA.

GET ONE BACK BY SCHNEIDER IN LA AND THE CANUCKS ARE BACK IN THE SERIES. SCHNEIDER SIMPLY CANNOT BE WORSE THAN LUONGO.

Maybe he playing out of his mind,,but last night was average goaltending at best,,2 goals were garbage,,if 4 goals on 26 shots is the best he can do we better start Schneider,

If 3.59GAA and .891 save% against the 2nd lowest scoring team int he league is playing out of his mind we need to play someone with a better mind,lol

The kings were shut out 10 freaken times this year, so scoring even 2 should at least get you to overtime on most nights.

We had Lou #1 playing the first game, and played well, but and a BIG BUT.. unfortunately..Lou #2 showed up in game 2 and let in a couple of stinkers...Hes got to elevate his game...average is not good enough ! What you did in the past doesn;t matter..its the here and now that counts ! Lou is not dominating !

It will be squarely on Schneiders shoulders to shut the door in LA and give this team a chance to win. The way we are playing we need exceptional goaltending...and that hasn't happened yet...time to steal a game .

I posted this in the other thread but since that might get buried, I'll post it here too...

When asked who's gonna start Sunday, AV refused to say who's starting because according to him, he wants to notify his goalies first... and that means that Cory is definitely starting, because if it was Lu, there would be no need for him to notify anyone since Luongo has always been the starting goalie unless notified otherwise...

I think it's gonna be a mistake starting Cory... Luongo's been playing well and he's bound to steal a game or two and LA isn't exactly one of the places he has trouble with (like Chicago or Minnesota)... I think he can definitely steal 1 of the 2 games there and if the team makes a half decent effort for the other one, there's a fairly good chance that we could come back here tied 2-2 for game 5...

This is gonna be a very risky move; to start Cory just to spark up the team, especially considering the fact that Luongo's actually playing well... I donnu, i just don't have a good feeling about this one...

If Daniel can play, Luongo should stay in as he's played well and Daniel returning will be a bigger spark itself.

If he can't, I see AV throwing Schneider in there to get the team going.

TBH though, I don't think it will matter who's in net on Sunday, this team and its core won't need a good goalie replacing another good one to get itself going.

Archived