Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
221 replies to this topic

#151 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

THis team still needs some shaking up, and what better way that take Raymond out of the line-up and add some size?
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#152 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

I wrote that especially for someone like you. Do you know why? Because I knew you would be as unable to understand the full post as you are at understanding hockey and assessing hockey players.

I have followed a hockey team and ice hockey for over twenty years. You on the other hand are a little coward who gives nothing away about your background, preferring instead to make snide remarks about kilts, haggis, age and any other piece of bigotry that comes into your small mind.

When you grow up (I doubt if you are even out of school yet) I hope you develop some respect and maybe learn a thing or two about how good the Scots have been for your Country. Until then I suppose you will continue to show yourself up to be an immature wee schoolboy trying to walk a man's walk.

By the way below is one I missed.

This is the second time you have made reference to me and mindcheck. I thought at first when you started posting and PMing me you were like most on here, decent guys, girls who you could discuss hockey with and even disagree with in a banter kind of way.

However I really think with a post like this, you are a nasty piece of work. Perhaps you would care to apologise. It was plain to most who read it that it was a sardonic attack on many of the so called fans on here and had nothing to do with self worth and the team.

You also (amazingly because you constantly make cracks about my nationality) had to have the time difference (8 hours ahead of you in Scotland) pointed out to you.

I really should report you D.J. but that is not my style.

Posted Today, 03:33 AM

Posted ImageD.J Ball, on 18 April 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

In the future grown men making threads titled "What's wrong with me ? at 3:05 AM should be referred to mindchek.ca

People that tie their own self worth to a team they cheer for is only asking for trouble.

Win or lose tonight we have a great organization and a beautiful city and i trust MG will make the appropriate decisions in the off season on a partial rebuild.

D.J Ball does not need me to help to defend him from you as he has proven to be quite adept at proving his point both with accuracy and humour. But I do have to point out one thing, did you actually admit to lying on your personal information page about only following the Canucks and hockey for 3 years and now are saying that you've followed "ice hockey" for 20 years? You would be the first person in the history of the internet who tried to make themselves look less intelligent, experienced or informed. Most people try to embellish their talents, or experience or knowledge and yet you went in the opposite direction?.......or is it more the fact that D.J caught you in red handed and you're now trying to cover for yourself? Just curious?

#153 AY89

AY89

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

The hate will end when he actually starts performing like a top six forward.

#154 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

All I can say is that he plays hard and generates chances. In the end, he does fall, miss hits and hasn't offensively produced. He will be hated on because he has not gone through long periods of success.

What chances do you speak of? His passing isn't very good, and his shot selection is a) hit goalie in chest or b ) shoot high. He does NOT create offensive chances, he isn't very good in odd man rushes, and whatever line he is one simply suffers in creating offense. What line has he been on this season that's excelled? For example Lappy-Sedin-Burrows got hot for a week there. Same with Hansen-Pahlson-Higgins. Even the AMEX line wasn't bad for some stretches. Sedin-Sedin-Bitz was even scoring goals. No combination including Raymond got hot this season. He's a black hole for scoring chances.

Edited by Iron_Gland, 20 April 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#155 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I don't hate Raymond but he really isn't very effective against certain teams, LA being one of them.

His lack of focus has really made me nervous about his play. The Kopitar misplay was a bad decision on his part (everyone makes mistakes) but what really made me angry with him was when Edler knocked his stick out of his hands with a pass!!!!! I don't understand how that happens to a junior hockey player let alone an NHLer, someone needs to shoehorn that boy's head from his rear-end.
Posted Image

#156 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

You have just contradicted yourself. You mention his serious injury and his lack of a pre-season and conditioning and then you complain about people not mentioning his "streak of form when he did come back". What? How can you use his injury as an excuse and then talk about his streak of form when he first came back? If he played well when he came back then how can you use his injury as an excuse. His injury has nothing to do with his lack of production for the last 2 years including the playoffs.

Addmitedly his injury was serious but the team gave him as much time as he needed to come back and Raymond even admitted that he didn't feel rushed back into the lineup by the team. He said that they had been great about it and gave him all the time he needed until he felt 100% and confident to play. And then, and only then, he was eased back into the lineup. So, to use his injury is just an excuse. But then again, this is what you get from a Raymond apologist.

His injury could well have affected his ability to maintain his high intensity game. Just because you feel fit enough to come back after a serious injury does not mean you have the stamina or conditioning to maintain that level. Any athlete will verify that, especially in a physically taxing sport like hockey.

I'm sorry but your determination to criticise Raymond seems to rob you of your logic and reason. I don't have to be an apologist I just have to make a fair assessment. You should try it some time.
Kevin.jpg

#157 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

D.J Ball does not need me to help to defend him from you as he has proven to be quite adept at proving his point both with accuracy and humour. But I do have to point out one thing, did you actually admit to lying on your personal information page about only following the Canucks and hockey for 3 years and now are saying that you've followed "ice hockey" for 20 years? You would be the first person in the history of the internet who tried to make themselves look less intelligent, experienced or informed. Most people try to embellish their talents, or experience or knowledge and yet you went in the opposite direction?.......or is it more the fact that D.J caught you in red handed and you're now trying to cover for yourself? Just curious?

On the contrary D.J. has proved himself to be a total idiot. You seem keen to align yourself with him, more fool you. A relative or friend perhaps?........who knows.

Are the Canucks and the NHL the only hockey played in the world. Are you really so stupid that while displaying your ignorance you use that same ignorance to justify implying that I'm a liar.

44 posts and not a topic among them since 2009
Like D.J. your cowardly friend you disclose nothing about yourself yet you choose to attack me on information I have given freely and honestly..........how ironic.

"You would be the first person in the history of the internet who tried to make themselves look less intelligent, experienced or informed. Most people try to embellish their talents, or experience or knowledge and yet you went in the opposite direction?.......or is it more the fact that D.J caught you in red handed and you're now trying to cover for yourself? Just curious?"

I can't make out whether this is a back handed compliment or just what it seems, an idiots attempt at a personal attack on another poster. I mean really ("D.J caught you in red handed") do you read this tripe over before you post it?

I am seriously beginning to wonder if I am encountering a couple of cyber stalkers here. We are meant to be discussing Mason Raymond but Ball and now you seem to be more interested in me personally than keeping to the argument.
As I say I don't normally go down the "report' route but it was all getting a bit silly even before you jumped in with your allegations, now I am tired of humouring you both.

So let us be clear I will refrain from referring to either of you in any post (although I only responded to your abuse) and you will do the same.

If you do not I will report it.

Edited by Bodee, 21 April 2012 - 06:42 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#158 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

CDC seems to think that 15-20 goal scorers who are young, defensively responsible, and have a ton of speed are common commodities.

#159 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

I hate the term hate and haters. It is an underhanded method of hijacking any discussion or opposing view. "You're just a hater" means nothing except you don't have a logical argument in defense of your position! Just because I don't agree with someone's statement that Raymond is one of our best forwards. Does not mean I hate him. I just think his high energy keep in motion going nowhere style of play is pointless. On the plus side most of the time he is not a defensive liability??? Recently I have rarely seen him getting a whistle leading to a stoppage of play in the offensive end. So what's the point? Brownian Motion?

I think "disdain" is more fitting then "hate". The perception seems to be he is merely unworthy.

And he really does fall down a lot too, I didnt think it was true at first.

#160 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

His injury could well have affected his ability to maintain his high intensity game. Just because you feel fit enough to come back after a serious injury does not mean you have the stamina or conditioning to maintain that level. Any athlete will verify that, especially in a physically taxing sport like hockey.

I'm sorry but your determination to criticise Raymond seems to rob you of your logic and reason. I don't have to be an apologist I just have to make a fair assessment. You should try it some time.

For once, you're not totally incorrect with your comments. But the problem with your "logic" is that Raymond has been back now for 6 months and things are still the same. At a certain point making excuses about his injury has to stop. And what about last year when he wasn't coming back off of an off season injury? He was just as bad last year and he was playing with Kelser who had a career year.

And let me get this straight, anyone who has a differing opinion of yours isn't making a fair assesssment? Speaking of trying it sometime, I wonder if being such an apologist might be affecting your logic and reason? No, it just couldn't be possible could it?

#161 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

On the contrary D.J. has proved himself to be a total idiot. You seem keen to align yourself with him, more fool you. A relative or friend perhaps?........who knows.

Are the Canucks and the NHL the only hockey played in the world. Are you really so stupid that while displaying your ignorance you use that same ignorance to justify implying that I'm a liar.

44 posts and not a topic among them since 2009
Like D.J. your cowardly friend you disclose nothing about yourself yet you choose to attack me on information I have given freely and honestly..........how ironic.

"You would be the first person in the history of the internet who tried to make themselves look less intelligent, experienced or informed. Most people try to embellish their talents, or experience or knowledge and yet you went in the opposite direction?.......or is it more the fact that D.J caught you in red handed and you're now trying to cover for yourself? Just curious?"

I can't make out whether this is a back handed compliment or just what it seems, an idiots attempt at a personal attack on another poster. I mean really ("D.J caught you in red handed") do you read this tripe over before you post it?

I am seriously beginning to wonder if I am encountering a couple of cyber stalkers here. We are meant to be discussing Mason Raymond but Ball and now you seem to be more interested in me personally than keeping to the argument.
As I say I don't normally go down the "report' route but it was all getting a bit silly even before you jumped in with your allegations, now I am tired of humouring you both.

So let us be clear I will refrain from referring to either of you in any post (although I only responded to your abuse) and you will do the same.

If you do not I will report it.

First of all, you might be someones Dad but you're not mine. I'm a guy in my 30's so telling me what to do will prove very fruitless for you. I will post on whatever topic I want until I get told otherwise. And that person telling me will have to be a mod as it will definitely not be from you telling me. You can be as clear as you want, but I don't take direction from you and could care less if you decide to refer to me in any of your posts or not. Bold case all you want, it doesn't make any difference to me.

As for being a cyber stalker, please don't flatter yourself! Just because someone has a differing opinion and decides to call you out on your inaccuracies, contradictions and general lack of knowledge, does not make them a stalker. This is a forum for people to discuss their opinions, so if you somehow think that because people respond to your biased opinions, does not mean they are stalkers.
If you don't want people making comments or responding to your posts, I think you might be the using the wrong type of forum for you to get across your thoughts.

If you want to know, and I really don't care if you do or not, I wouldn't know DJ if I passed him on the street. Just because I agreed with his posts while finding them both funny and accurate does not mean that we are friends. I also really commend the fact that you've been following "ice hockey" for the past 20 years. But by you having to explain to us that it was "ice hockey" that you've been following actually makes me believe that it might be "field hockey" that you've been following instead. And if not, then following "ice hockey" in Scotland is similar to a Canadian following "ice hockey" at the bantam AA level here. Following the Canucks from thousands of miles away doesn't mean that you can see what those of us who actually go to the games live can see. But I'm sure the Canucks as a team appreciate your support.

Since when does the amount of posts you have, have anything to do with what you know about what's going on? Have you seen some of the people who post on here? They'll post one and two word respsonses just because they can. Sorry, but I'd rather offer a response that's thought out rather than to just add to my post count.

Report route? You sound like a child in the playground who doesn't get what he wants, so he goes home crying to his Mommy to tell on the other kids. Have you ever heard of being a snitch? If you haven't, let me explain it to you, it's a term used for a person who cries, bitches and moans to someone else. Also known as a rat, a fink or a tattletale. Let me tell you something else, NOBODY likes a snitch. I'm not sure how things work in Scotland but this isn't how we deal with things as men in Canada by crying and ratting to others. But if you do decide to be a little snitch, I'm sure that the mods will also be interested to see that you've resorted to calling people names like moron and idiot. Even though I can name call with the best of them, I have decided not to resort to your level in this case. So, be careful what you ask for as you aren't exactly Mr. Innocent..... Bodee!

Edited by Drop Em, 25 April 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#162 SkateLogoWasBetter

SkateLogoWasBetter

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

I think they should trade Mason for a half eaten Twinkie so the Canucks show how serious they are in upgrading toughness. Remember that memorable/relevant/ game changing Mason Raymond goal? Neither does he.
Posted Image">

My expansive Sami Salo Game worn collection: sami-salo.webs.com

#163 Lenny Jones

Lenny Jones

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

I can't believe we went a whole season with that cancer floating in the line up... hope he is gone this summer.

Posted Image
Credit to RK.17, thanks!

#164 MagicMunkle

MagicMunkle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

WHY DOES HE ALWAYS FALL OVER HE HAD A TAP IN WRAPAROUND GOAL WTF.

Posted Image

#165 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Came so close, just so unlucky. Hard to blame him though, if the rest of the team put in half his effort we would have swept LA.

#166 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Good Bye, Good Riddance.

...btw thanks for stealing the puck from Hansen after he did a sick deke to then go into the corner and lose the puck.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#167 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

A great chance for Raymond to redeem himself and of course he fracks up with all the time in the world

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#168 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

First of all, you might be someones Dad but you're mine. I'm a guy in my 30's so telling me what to do will prove very fruitless for you. I will post on whatever topic I want until I get told otherwise. And that person telling me will have to be a mod as it will definitely not be from you telling me. You can be as clear as you want, but I don't take direction from you and could care less if you decide to refer to me in any of your posts or not. Bold case all you want, it doesn't make any difference to me.

As for being a cyber stalker, please don't flatter yourself! Just because someone has a differing opinion and decides to call you out on your inaccuracies, contradictions and general lack of knowledge, does not make them a stalker. This is a forum for people to discuss their opinions, so if you somehow think that because pople resond to your biased opinions, does not mean they are stalkers.
If you don't want people making comments or responding to your posts, I think you might be the using the wrong type of forum for you to get across your thoughts.

If you want to know, and I really don't care if you do or not, I wouldn't know DJ if I passed him on the street. Just because I agreed with his posts while finding them both funny and accurate does not mean that we are friends. I also really commend the fact that you've been following "ice hockey" for the past 20 years. But by you having to explain to us that it was "ice hockey" that you've been following actually makes me believe that it might be "field hockey" that you've been following instead. And if not, then following "ice hockey" in Scotland is similar to a Canadian following "ice hockey" at the bantam AA level here. Following the Canucks from thousands of miles away doesn't mean that you can see what those of us who actually go to the games live can see. But I'm sure the Canucks as a team appreciate your support.

Since when does the amount of posts you have, have anything to do with what you know about what's going on? Have you seen some of the people who post on here? They'll post one and two word respsonses just because they can. Sorry, but I'd rather offer a response that's thought out rather than to just add to my post count.

Report route? You sound like a child in the playground who doesn't get what he wants, so he goes home crying to his Mommy to tell on the other kids. Have you ever heard of being a snitch? If you haven't, let me explain it to you, it's a term used for a person who cries, bitches and moans to someone else. Also known as a rat, a fink or a tattletale. Let me tell you something else, NOBODY likes a snitch. I'm not sure how things work in Scotland but this isn't how we deal with things as men in Canada by crying and ratting to others. But if you do decide to be a little snitch, I'm sure that the mods will also be interested to see that you've resorted to calling people names like moron and idiot. Even though I can name call with the best of them, I have decided not to resort to your level in this case. So, be careful what you ask for as you aren't exactly Mr. Innocent..... Bodee!

Eh, don't mind him. He usually tries to talk his way through arguments instead of using these magical things called "facts" and "proof". Probably just flies over his head.

#169 dynamo71

dynamo71

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

If only that wrap around had gone in.....

#170 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Could have been a playoff hero. But wait, its Raymond.
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#171 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'm pissed that I liked him before. He needs to go

Edited by CanuckianOne, 22 April 2012 - 08:10 PM.

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#172 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Bye bye Raymond. Many good fond memories.....oh wait.
Posted Image

#173 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,109 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Biggest waste of space on the team.

OXwjSoG.gif

#174 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

The Raymond hate will finally end this summer. We have zero use for this player. Proven playoff ghost. Changes are going to be made and he's probably going to be the easier decision MG has to make all summer long.

#175 Lemieux

Lemieux

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

They could've got a third rounder from the Laffs at the trade deadline for this player. Now, you won't get anything. This player is absolutely the most selfish player on the team since Alex Mogilny. It would really suck to be playing on the same line as him.
This signature is not blank.

#176 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

nope. and nor should it

#177 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

turd on skates

#178 Walkin'2929

Walkin'2929

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

He had a lot of potential here. But, with some luck, he has played his last game in a Canucks uniform.

The guy's not big enough for this team and has problems staying on his skates. He would do well with the Jets.

#179 LeafsHater

LeafsHater

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

I use to defend raymond at tiimes...but god he is so useless.

Posted Image

Silver and Bronze are overrated, GOLD Is what matters. Technically Silver and Bronze means you lost still.
RIP Luc Bourdon

Ohhh Oh OH Vancouver For the New Goal Celebration Theme Song!

#180 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Should've been the one to go on deadline day, he's trade value couldn't drop any more now

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.