Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Nail Yakupov Might Be In Our Future

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#91 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

...hmm The only reason I think that this might not happen is just because we are division rivals....but come on Devan is not even a top 15 Goalie...It is very hard to win a Cup with an average NHL goalie...and I think they are trying to move this pick and thay want Ryan Murray...Eberle will never be moved off the first line...so Yakupov will be a second liner his whole career...just saying

I guess that means Malkin wants out of Pittsburg cuz he'll always be a 2nd line centre after Crosby.

#92 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

...hmm The only reason I think that this might not happen is just because we are division rivals....but come on Devan is not even a top 15 Goalie...It is very hard to win a Cup with an average NHL goalie...and I think they are trying to move this pick and thay want Ryan Murray...Eberle will never be moved off the first line...so Yakupov will be a second liner his whole career...just saying

Ryan Murray makes not a lot of sense. Sure the Oilers need D, but D take longer to develop. By the time Murray develops, the Oiler forwards would have been at their peak for quite some time. It makes more sense to draft Yakupov and trade assets to acquire that stud D who is already 4-5 years into their development. Pick the asset in your pool that you could live with not building your team around and go from there. Hence with Hall's shoulder and head injuries, I'd be thinking about moving him. If Nashville can't afford to keep Weber, maybe that deal would make sense to both parties. Hall and another decent level 2 prospect for Weber.

#93 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

omg, people, there is no way, that this deal can happen unless we have a middle team to fiddle with both parties. This is just a silly thread. would have been a much better one if you said "CS for Nash".

and there are plenty of "CS trade" threads out there.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#94 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I guess that means Malkin wants out of Pittsburg cuz he'll always be a 2nd line centre after Crosby.

....not saying that...Crosby is top 5 talent wise....and I love Eberle but he is not top 5...just saying...prob not even top 10

#95 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

omg, people, there is no way, that this deal can happen unless we have a middle team to fiddle with both parties. This is just a silly thread. would have been a much better one if you said "CS for Nash".

and there are plenty of "CS trade" threads out there.

No do you here what CBS wants for Nash....way tooo much...2 top 25 prospects, 1 superstar in the NHL now and a top 15 pick....that is way too much!!!!

#96 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Ryan Murray makes not a lot of sense. Sure the Oilers need D, but D take longer to develop. By the time Murray develops, the Oiler forwards would have been at their peak for quite some time. It makes more sense to draft Yakupov and trade assets to acquire that stud D who is already 4-5 years into their development. Pick the asset in your pool that you could live with not building your team around and go from there. Hence with Hall's shoulder and head injuries, I'd be thinking about moving him. If Nashville can't afford to keep Weber, maybe that deal would make sense to both parties. Hall and another decent level 2 prospect for Weber.

well Weber is a FA this offseason I think and I think Hall is the weakest link there right now just because of the Shoulder and the Concussion injuries...I think they have to try to move him if they do not go down the draft...lol...just very little defensive talent on that team

#97 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

well Weber is a FA this offseason I think and I think Hall is the weakest link there right now just because of the Shoulder and the Concussion injuries...I think they have to try to move him if they do not go down the draft...lol...just very little defensive talent on that team

Thats why I said I'd think about trading Hall too. If I were Edmonton, RNH and Eberle are the forwards IMO I'd be building the team around. Everyone else I'd be willing to move for that piece. Hall would land a BIG return.

#98 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

And where does Kane play? Sometimes first line, sometimes 2nd depending on opponent. And if Edmonton gets him who drops down to 2nd line? Hall or Eberle? Therefore Yakupov is nested on the 2nd line.

I lold are you calling Kane a 2nd line winger based on the fact that the Hawks roll two lines? I guess one of Crosby/Malkin is a second line center then.

#99 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

We shouldn't trade Schneider to a division rival. Could screw us in the later years.

NOT if Yakupov's coming the other way. Goal scoring will not be an issue with this kid.

Modern day version of Pavel Bure.

Edited by Dasein, 18 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#100 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

I don't believe any of this for a second. Sounds like fantasy, but I'll say this for fun.

I could certainly handle Cory in Edmonton's net if it meant the first pick for us

But it's not happening unless we have a sweeter deal then that

Edited by TimberWolf, 18 April 2012 - 01:06 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#101 ABNuck

ABNuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

I didn't realize that you're an expert hockey analyst and professional scout. I guess Bob McKenzie, Craig Button and all the top scouts must be wrong because they all list Nail Yakupov as consensus number one rank for the upcoming draft. Please share with us your credentials so that we can bow down before you and raise you up on a pedestal.

Played Junior and Senior AAA hockey, co-owned a junior franchise, Head coach at junior level, assistant GM at junior level, acted as agent for a young goalie (got him a contract in Italy's second division...playing against players like Jari Kurri)...okay your turn. Anyways, all I'm saying is that somebody has to go #1 in the draft...does that mean he's as good as other #1 picks...no. And this year is a weak draft. Again, the hockey experts are only stating who the top picks will be, I don't believe any of them are sticking their collective necks out too far by predicting what this kid will be or what he'll do. I like the fact that he came over here and played a couple of years of junior, but if I personally have to make a prediction about this kid it's this:
Year 1: stuck on 2nd line in AHL
Year 2: plays part of year in AHL after being sent down, bolts to KHL for more money and we never hear of him again.

Remember when we all thought Shirokov was the second coming of Bure? Where's he now?
The whole thread (and many, many other threads about this kid) was about trade possibilities, and again my (semi-expert) opinion is...don't over-pay for this relatively unknown (who knows how he'll pan out). I wouldn't trade Cory for him and I definitely wouldn't trade Lu or Edler (as someone suggested above) for him. If we made a move for him, I'd package up a deal so that we have some compensation in case he bolts to KHL (ie/ Raymond and Ballard for 1st and Petry or Teubert)...just covers our butts. If Edmonton doesn't want a deal like that, then just walk away, we're better off staying put than risking valuable assets.

Edited by ABNuck, 18 April 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#102 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Shirokov was nothing close to a top 10 pick. Just Canuck homers making wild accusations. Such as Raymond being the next Bure cuz he's fast.

And Edmonton doesn't need Schneider. Nor is Schneider worth a top 5 pick.

Edited by Raph, 18 April 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#103 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,524 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

I suggested moving Hall - leaving a spot for Nail on the top line.

PBF200-Les_Douleurs_de_la_Morte.jpg

#104 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Edmonton is too stupid. They'll keep the pick

Posted Image

#105 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Edmonton is too stupid. They'll keep the pick

Enlighten us as to why it would be stupid to keep the pick.

#106 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Enlighten us as to why it would be stupid to keep the pick.

I would think it depends if Edmonton would like to tank one more season for the next pick. If not, they'll shore up their back end.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#107 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Thats why I said I'd think about trading Hall too. If I were Edmonton, RNH and Eberle are the forwards IMO I'd be building the team around. Everyone else I'd be willing to move for that piece. Hall would land a BIG return.

O yes no doubt about it...but hall i think will never live up to potential

#108 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

I suggested moving Hall - leaving a spot for Nail on the top line.

I think that that would be a good idea but I think EDM in general likes Hall despite his risk factor

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.