The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let's Start Shhhh-Ing For Schneider

**ThumbsUp**

Me and my buddies were talking about this during the game last night. We had five people doing it at his apartment and it sounded riduclously awesome. Might have something to do with the whiskey we were drinking, but imagine 18,000 people doing it! Would be fricking hilarous!!

I like typing this on the Canucks Chat when the game is on because I don't feel like typing out Schneider every time he makes a save. It could be a difficult one to implement for two reasons. The first is because its really hard to yell "SHHH". It is naturally a quiet noise and is much harder to raise the decibel level than "Luuu". Secondly, there is an unnatural amount of spit that comes out when you do happen to try yelling "Shhhh". You'll have a lot of upset fans who are being spit on.

With that said.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Just freaking cheer.

I'm probably the minority in this camp, but personalizing a cheer may be good, but it can be a double edged sword. It certainly didn't improve Luongo's composure when we shouted LUUUU after each save, and it may indirectly add pressure to the goalie and take their focus out of the game.

In addition to that, any chant; can also be used as a weapon against the goalie, whether intentionally (other fans) or unintentionaly. Remember the LUUU Bronx cheers anyone?

Just cheer!

Archived