Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Goalies For The Rest Of The Playoff

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

They should play Schneider until/if he has a bad game, or if he can't finish a game again.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#32 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Too many goalie threads.

#33 KiwiAd

KiwiAd

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Luongo will only play again in the 2nd round, barring Schneid's melting down or getting injured
Canucks fan all the way in NZ !

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Why is there even a debate about this I think its pretty clear now where the goalie situation is headed!

#35 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,889 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

If he cramps up again, lui is back in.

Kings will try to run him too, like hawks on smith. You never know. He can lose the next gm, and end the season.

Edited by Jaimito, 19 April 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

If he cramps up again, lui is back in.

Kings will try to run him too, like hawks on smith. You never know. He can lose the next gm, and end the season.

The same can be said for Luo.

It's one shift at a time at this point.

#37 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,638 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

The fact that he blew it ( your words) is why we are where we are and as much as we like lu this isn't about pandering to his emotions. Its a professional sport and a business. The right decision is to go with the hot goalie and too bad if lu isnt that guy. Cory would have been the right decision in SCF IMO. Still cant fathom what AV was thinking last season, but thank god his head is somewhat tied on now.

Why would Corey be in last years SCF? <_<

You might wanna check that head of yours.

Edited by Monteeun, 19 April 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#38 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,638 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Safest way is hottest goalie. I don't blame Luongo for the losing of the first two games but Schneider is on a roll and its best to keep that going.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#39 micgao

micgao

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Play Schneids until we lose/stops performing and then put Luo in until we lose/stops performing. We won't need to have a goalie play through his struggles this year IF we can get out of the 1st round, which IMHO, is not that likely.
Posted Image

#40 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

lol. are you serious? There is honestly NO way in heck that Schneider isn't playing. He has singlehandedly robbed the Kings and kept the Canucks in the game, even when they are not playing great. 1 GAA Average? 44 saves? Luongo is good, but I think it's Schneider's turn to ride.

#41 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We're down 3-1.

#42 Nic JF

Nic JF

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

http://forum.canucks...__fromsearch__1
/thread
I will always be a Luongo fan, no mater what jersey he is wearing... even if its Boston.

#43 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

I think you ride the goalie that gets the wins.

Why would Luongo get home games? He has yet to win a home game this post season.

The team will ride Cory until they are eliminated.

IF THEY GET ELIMINATED

2pzbeb6.jpg

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#44 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

It has to be Cory for the rest of the series unless he gets lit up or injured. And if Cory gets us out of an 0-3 series, how could you not reward him with the number one spot all the way. There is no coach that would implement that system. But having said all that, I really love the idea and concept. It would be awesome if we could get both of thier names on the cup just like last years Jennings trophy. There are a couple of shockers in this seires so far. 1) Kings going up 3-0. 2) A game where the Canucks goalie not only outplays Quick but that its our backup. Lets hope there is at least one more shocker to come. (Canucks completing the comback)

#45 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,966 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

No way Luongo gets the start for any game of this series.

Schneider will play till we lose.

307mg00.jpg

#46 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Lou has his diehard fans and theres nothing anyone can say to change their minds that he is not as good as Schneider. You can show them stats, management can say they are going to go with goalie who gives the team the best chance to win, Schneids can prove himself in clutch games and theres always a but from Lous fans. My dad used to tell me...you can lead a horse to water...you just can;t make him drink....same thing here !!

You clearly hate Luongo and just love Schneider. I am a Luongo fan, I love the guy but I have to admit that Schneider is a great goaltender. I appreciate both of our goalies and want both to succeed. Unlike you who wants one to fail and the other to succeed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,638 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Lou has his diehard fans and theres nothing anyone can say to change their minds that he is not as good as Schneider. You can show them stats, management can say they are going to go with goalie who gives the team the best chance to win, Schneids can prove himself in clutch games and theres always a but from Lous fans. My dad used to tell me...you can lead a horse to water...you just can;t make him drink....same thing here !!

you're just a hater. Sad fact is, its so obvious and you won't admit it.

People like you are a disgrace.

Edited by Monteeun, 19 April 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#48 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Too many trigger happy kids in here. Why even bother with this stuff when we are still on the brink of elimination. I don't even care to look that far, seems like a bad omen and what gets most people in trouble. Why is it so hard to just focus on the task at hand...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.