Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
714 replies to this topic

#211 realnucksfan2010

realnucksfan2010

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

First of all I would like to say to all the people out there who flame Luo on a personal level are hypocrites! I am not one of those people. Luo is still my fav goalie of all time, I have watched him come up through the juniors till now, he has great character and poise, unfortunatly his time here is done, very sad, but I know where ever he ends up he will be as great there as he was here!!!!
As for the long contract, it is impossible to see into the future, signing Luo to that contract was in MG mind i am sure a great idea at the time, who would have guessed that the team would implode like it has, right from the coach, to the captain, to our "awsome" defensive corps, to some of our best super stars not showing up, to Luo having a rough season. Which of any of us could for see this coming?
I challenge all of us to answer this with honesty(my self included) because i absolutly did not for see this!
The way some of us are acting and talking about people that we do not even know is disgusting, if I have said anything rotten to anyone on here I apologise and am truly sorry!!
My hope is that from here on we all take a look in the mirror before posting and understand that we are all human, and need to be slower to anger, slower to speak, and slower to react, if we can do this then this forum will not be so offensive and mean not only towards the team but toward each other!

#212 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

I've always said I would like to keep both goalies. However if that's not practical then I'm afraid I have more faith in Lu. He has done it for Canada and he has done it for us.

Schneider played well when picked, he played well in the playoffs and he is a great team mate...........That said he has never run the gauntlet of a whole season and that takes a bit more.

Knowing you are the back up is like knowing if anything goes wrong your big brother is around the corner. It relaxes you and relieves pressure..........Lu has never had that luxury.

I think Gillis has already decided it is Cory to go.
Kevin.jpg

#213 Fateless

Fateless

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

All that matters in playoffs are wins and loses. So your satisfied with just keeping the games closer and not winning?

So your saying had Lu just kept the games closer in Boston, even though we still come up with the same outcome and no cup, you would be happy and satisfied?

If Luongo had kept the games closer, the rest of the team may have had more confidence to push harder.

Of course we wouldn't be happy if we still lost, but the blame wouldn't have landed on Luongo had he kept them closer.

Edited by Fateless, 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM.

i1u6zif.gif

#214 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Lol that makes zero sense. I guess we're good then because Toews is signed long term in Chicago so we had no chance at him anyways. So no big deal trading Luongo.

Another theory fail.

What are you on right now? You said that Jagr signing after Richards was dealt is why Luongo leaving won't kill our reputation. All I suggested is that if Jagr didn't sign there, he probably would not have found a decent team to play for.

Want to explain why you decide to ramble on about something that's completely irrelevant?

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#215 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

All that matters in playoffs are wins and loses. So your satisfied with just keeping the games closer and not winning?

So your saying had Lu just kept the games closer in Boston, even though we still come up with the same outcome and no cup, you would be happy and satisfied?

2012 NHL Playoffs

Cory Schneider: GP: 3 W: 1 L: 2 GA: 4

Roberto Luongo: GP: 2 W: 0 L: 2 GA: 7

Seems like Cory won more games than Luo.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#216 James48

James48

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

The point is Cory kept the games closer than Luongo did.

Close doesn't win Stanley Cups! It's our offence that is challenged not goaltending. Luongo is the only reason it wasn't 10-2 in the first two games. Stats don't explain everything.

#217 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,175 posts

Sweet mother of God, I'm getting to all sorts of arguments with dumb oiler fans on the TSN facebook page...they are saying things in the likes of "WE DONT OVERPAY PLAYERS" and "LUONGO IS A LOSER, we dont need a loser in orange and blue"...

MY response to both those idiots:

Overpayment....Hemsky getting paid 5 million per year is the biggest joke in Hockey.
Don't need loser in orange and blue? Already got enough of those eh? Of course they wouldn't want Luo, they always aim to be contenders..for the FIRST overall pick. So yeah considering all they do is get 1s overall picks...Luongo would be a bad choice.

Not to mention we would never trade Luo to a divisional opponent.

Damn some people should not be allowed to use the internet. :picard:
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#218 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

If the Canucks have to choose between Schnieds and Luongo, I dont know how you dont take Schnieds 100 times out of a 100.

I agree it's hard not to go with Schneider at this point, but it's not as clear cut and risk free as you make it seem.

History is littered with goalies who have been great for a season or two, and then for one reason or another faltered.

Luongo has been a great goalie for the last 10 years. He's gone through it all, and shown the ability to be a work horse and handle over 65 games in a season playong against the best in the world while still maintaining a high level. Will Schneider be able to do this too? Probably, but there's absolutely no guarantee.
Posted Image

#219 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,330 posts

I guess I am just really confused.

Every time Luongo played a bad game, or let in some goals, everyone was flaming him and wanting him out of town.

Now he gets a microphone in his face, and talks with a sad voice..... and everyone wants him to stay?
Posted Image

#220 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

First of all your theory FAILS!

2nd...Pittsburgh never traded any long term contracts, and Philly did. Jagr Chose Philly, if you pay them the players will come.

3rd.

Jagr had 54 points in an injury plagued regular season.

7 points in 6 playoff games so far.

He is a Big Name Free Agent.

Not many bigger names then Jaromir Jagr.

If Jagr was a big free agent available, why were there only 2 teams after him? Why did he only get a 1 yr 3m contract? If Jagr is still a big name free agent then I guess Patrick Roy and Dominak Hasek still are too then.

Brad Richards big name free agent. Zack Parise, big name free agents. Big name free agents get more than 2 teams after them and long term deals.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#221 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Wow,

Im going to miss "GREAT SAVE LUONGO"

It just won't be the same. :( :unsure: :mellow:

This...

Hope he will stay so the boys can get it right next year! Whatever it will be: Thanks Roberto! I will be in Vancouver come october so hope i will see u in a Canucks-jersey then!

#222 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted Image

Watch it here:

http://video.canucks...tid=6&id=174550

No logo on the hat anywhere to be found
love the drama!!

Just a farm boy in a hat in front of 35 microphones...lol

Edited by VanCityScout, 24 April 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#223 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Every time Luongo played a bad game, or let in some goals, everyone was flaming him and wanting him out of town.

Now he gets a microphone in his face, and talks with a sad voice..... and everyone wants him to stay?

Canucks fans are bipolar. Simple as that.

#224 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

2012 NHL Playoffs

Cory Schneider: GP: 3 W: 1 L: 2 GA: 4

Roberto Luongo: GP: 2 W: 0 L: 2 GA: 7

Seems like Cory won more games than Luo.

Funny why you left out last years stats, Oh yea, cause Lu is the better guy..

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#225 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

If the skaters can't score, we shouldn't be laying the blame on the goaltenders.
Posted Image

#226 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Funny why you left out last years stats, Oh yea, cause Lu is the better guy..

I'm sorry is this last year? I wasn't aware last years stats had anything to do with this years 5 game elimination.

#227 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

And watch the fans look confused as Vancouver becomes a goalie graveyard again when Schneider crumbles under the pressure of being the #1 guy.

Man I have a bad feeling fans will eat crow for wishing Luongo away.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#228 BobbyLuoo

BobbyLuoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Alright, this may be very opinionated, but alot of it is pretty much fact.

With Luongo saying he's willing to waive his NTC, and even before he SAID this, alot of people wanted him out, and wanted Cory to stay.

But my question is, how long til Cory faces this situation too?

Luongo was brought in, everyone LOVED him. He played great, he had the drive and determination rarely seen.

I actually think its sick how everyone is "giving up" on him. He's played MANY big games, and came up big. Sure he's had a couple bad ones, but name 1 goalie that hasnt. (do it, go on and try)

Bascially, Vancouver is a goalie graveyard. Point blank.

You can deny all you want, but in a couple years this exact situation is going to happen to Cory, especially if he faulters for a couple games, and Lack comes up and plays good.

If you dont agree, thats fine. But the way I see it, Luongo was hardly given a fair chance from the beginning.

Whatever goalie we do keep (and im honestly fine with either one) I hope things start to get better, before they get worse. But I know they wont.

#229 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

You serious? Stfu....its the bashers that wanted him out....us supporters have always wanted him here.....don't change the scenario.

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#230 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

And watch the fans look confused as Vancouver becomes a goalie graveyard again when Schneider crumbles under the pressure of being the #1 guy.

Man I have a bad feeling fans will eat crow for wishing Luongo away.

I won't. You can quote me if you like.

#231 Ocular Patdown

Ocular Patdown

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

That was tough to hear. Roberto you're a class act. I will support you if and when you leave. You're the beat goalie this team has ever had. If you leave, it was a treat to watch you. I'll still Luuuuuuu when you make a save, regardless of the team you may end up on.

#232 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hope he goes to Tampa, since Tampa is my 2nd favourite team.

#233 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts

He said that he would always do what is best for the team....classy response from Luongo.
MG also said that he would be happy to have both Schneider and Luongo next year. That would be great if both goalies accepted that they were a tandem with no true # 1 guy.
I have to say that the goalie situation has been a distraction for the fans as well and has caused a split.....and a lot of badmouthing each other on CDC. If they do comitt to playing as a tandem, I hope that the issue is finally put to rest.....they are both #1 goalies.

Edited by bluesman60, 24 April 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#234 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

If Luongo had kept the games closer, the rest of the team may have had more confidence to push harder.

Of course we wouldn't be happy if we still lost, but the blame wouldn't have landed on Luongo had he kept them closer.

Okay the team scored 8 goals in 7 games....not winning a cup with that, and how they got a 7 game series says it all but still gets blame?
Canucks only scored 8 goals again last series you know.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#235 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'm sorry is this last year? I wasn't aware last years stats had anything to do with this years 5 game elimination.

According to your logic, last year is this year cause our season is done and a new one has already started...

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#236 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Lu's willing (and probably wanting) to waive his no trade clause. It's official, we've pretty much run him out of town. I've been a Luongo supporter since day one, so I am really angry and upset right now. He was the reason we made the playoffs in 2007, he was the reason we became an elite team, he was the reason we made it to the finals, let alone didn't even get swept in them, and what did you guys do? "The Canucks lost one game, it was all Luongo's fault!" He's stolen more games then he has choked them! "Playoff underachiever?" Yeah that's why we made the finals. He's been trashed so much I wouldn't even want to stay here. I have so much respect for him for putting up with all of this. To all you Luongo haters (so about 80% of you) Good job, I hope you're happy. He hasn't been traded yet but it's pretty much unofficial that hes played his last game. Here is my sarcastic clapping for you. For Luongo, thank you for being the best damn goaltender we've ever had. Cory may become better, but you've lead us through some amazing times and helped us become the team we are now. You deserve better.

Edited by HummusCraps, 24 April 2012 - 01:06 PM.

Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#237 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Contract length is my only real problem with Luongo.

#238 kdub69

kdub69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Well said! Louongo is a true pro! Class act, not his fault the team can't score, kessler and booth are mia whole year and they get no crap

#239 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Agreed. Vancouver doesn't deserve luongo. And definately wont win a cup next year without him.

Be lucky if Schneider can even get us to the playoffs.

Edited by Special Ed, 24 April 2012 - 12:58 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#240 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

It's like seeing two beautiful women, one's a brunette and one's a redhead. Both look like they're open to a little conversation, with the brunette maybe being a little more intellectual but drinking a pricey red wine, while the redhead might be a bit more down to earth and happy with a vodka cocktail. Which one would you pick, or would you try for both?

The one with the bigger breasts.

(No, not being a pig, it's an old old joke)

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.