The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans Need To Turn On This Organization If They Won't Make Any Changes

Rock Pile

Underappreciated? No. Try Disappointment, Embarrassment and Failure when it comes to this organization's playoff history.

Everything was there for the Canucks to win it all last season. Best Record in the League. Home Ice. And what do they do? crap the bed, which is what this origanization is known for doing in the playoffs. 41 years and counting of EPIC FAILURE.

After juggling all 4 lines and 3 defensive pairs for the last month of the regular season, AV left this team with zero chemistry going into the playoffs. And when life was on the line, the twins all of a sudden got a new line mate in Booth whom they had never played with. Booth was just another version of Raymond who had the speed to get the puck, but did not know what to do with it thereafter. And when lack of scoring was the main reason why they lost to Boston, AV was an absolute idiot to focus on getting a checking third line when one providing secondary scoring had to be more important. Vancouver won't win with this afraid-to-lose coach and the owner better fires AV as MG said he would keep him.

LOL... so the problem with Gillis apparently (according), is that he was unaware that the fans wanted a cup, and he's actually been holding back on great moves cuz he figured the fans weren't putting enough pressure on him.

Please OP, go be a leafs fan or something... or Boston if you want a winner.... whatever

This is a joke thread right?

If not, please go stick your head in the ground and never take it out again. (this is saying a lot coming from a geologist -.-')

Mike Gillis needs to stop believing that the NHL is serious about a skilled game when the playoffs turn into savage warfare every single year.

This year really shows the league for what it is.

Its always been that way.

unlike the OP i have faith in MG.

He mentioned that we need to get bigger and more offensive.

Fingers crossed that he means it.

I think the only thing that fans should maybe be a bit annoyed about is ticket prices. Other than that, this team provides a lot of quality hockey for us to watch and cheer for. We can't win every game, or every series, but no team can. If you only want to support whichever team is going to win, you better invent a time machine, go back in time, and switch loyalties every year.

.. Would be nice if it was more affordable to go to games live, though. :) Maybe we should have a riot about it?

So your solution is what? Get a new GM? Fire the coach? Trade our core players?

Gee why didn't I think of that. I'm surprised every team that hasn't won the cup doesn't just do this.

I'll call up the Aquillini's and let them know your plan.

It's just unbelieveable how the general consensus among the team is it's no-one fault. AV shouldn't be fired because of the excuses (2 Staight President Trophies - Canucks only won it because Rangers choked. If the Canucks played in a tougher division, they wouldn't have won it. AV is a nice guy. So being a "new guy" is reason enough not to make change and get a new voice? Seems to me the players tuned AV out during Kings Series and gave up on him. And the Canucks are using the "We were 1 win away from winning it all" Give it up. That's old. If AV or MG aren't fired, then all I see is more little tinkering, with the except of which goalie is moved. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Schneider is the one moved because he will bring more of a return then Lu. This really reminds me of Price/Halak in Montreal and how everyone expected Price to be the one moved and instead it was Halak that was moved. Huge mistake trading Halak. Price is overrated and has yet to accomplish anything.

Gillis should have learned what areas he needed to improve after the Finals/Boston Series. And his solution to toughness is trading Cody for Kassian, a guy who apparently isn't mature enough to be a NHL player. That would explain why he was in the press box. MG didn't have to move Cody at the deadline and could have waited until the off-season to do so.

Another excuse i'm sick of hearing is how the Canucks can't score because they run into hot goalies. I'm sorry but that is unacceptable. The last 2 series (Finals against Boston) and (1st Kings Series) they couldn't score in either series. It wouldn't have mattered who was in net, they couldn't score.

Sedin is delusional too, saying we didn't play poorly in the first two games. Guess you must have been playing a different game then everyone else was watching.

If Aquilini has any brains he would fire MG, because he's made alot of questionable moves that didn't work out and have big contracts.

Pfft... 'Fans' turn on this organization after every loss. Yet the stadium is sold out every game and it's been that way for a long, long time.

This season was a setback. No doubt about it. But that usually happens the season after going to the finals.

Still, we lost. Just like last season. And just like last season, there will be fans who leave for awhile, then come back. It's pretty damn typical.

But if you in particular want to leave, that's alright. It won't change a damn thing. Cheers.

TOML

Not everyone is making excuses or saying it's no one's fault. It think we all know there were some problems, but you can't blame it on one person because there were many factors.

About the Hodgson thing, up until today I would have agreed. But after hearing Gillis's comments, it was clear he was being a distraction, and you can't have that in the playoffs. Perhaps it would have been better, however to pick up a young player that could still contribute now.

As for turning on the team, you can jump off the bandwagon but I won't. Keep your opinions of what other fans should do to yourself please. Even if we finished last I would still follow the Canucks.

About the Hodgson thing, up until today I would have agreed. But after hearing Gillis's comments, it was clear he was being a distraction, and you can't have that in the playoffs. Perhaps it would have been better, however to pick up a young player that could still contribute now.

Archived