The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans Need To Turn On This Organization If They Won't Make Any Changes

Rock Pile

Underappreciated? No. Try Disappointment, Embarrassment and Failure when it comes to this organization's playoff history.

Everything was there for the Canucks to win it all last season. Best Record in the League. Home Ice. And what do they do? crap the bed, which is what this organization is known for doing in the playoffs. 41 years and counting of EPIC FAILURE.

I'm glad you don't have the reins.

Mike Gillis needs to do exactly what he has been doing since he became GM. Gillis' professional process is excellent. Whether the team is looking great or looking like they need improvment Gillis is always looking to improve the team.

Every team in this league can win. Some teams can only win if everything goes right for them. These teams rely things like having their young players having breakout seasons, getting exceptional goaltending while getting outshot every night and having the majority of your team staying healthy for the majority of the season or playoffs. This is rare but does happen. ie. (Phoenix/Florida).

Other teams can win even if the worst case senario happens such as having significant injuries, or some players that under acheive. These are the better teams in the league and this is what Mike Gillis has created in Vancouver. A team with plenty of depth and star power that can win while losing man games to injury, and have the depth to encourage players to overacheive by having good nhl capable players furthur down the depth chart.

Mike Gillis stands up for his players which is a noble trait and one that makes players want to play for this team. knowing that the orginization has their back. If the players that are in Vancouver now did not love playing here enough to take a pay cut we could not feild the team we have.

However just because Gillis commends his players in defeat does not mean that there won't be any changes. Gillis does not rest on his laurels and will continue to try to make this team better, and because of the way he goes about it, he will probably suceed.

Only one team wins the stanley cup each year and there is no sure fire way to win it. Last year we got darn close, this year we had just as strong of a team but didn't. The Gillis way is a great way to build a team and will keep us as a cup favorite for many years to come.

Hey OP, next time I run to the store do you want me to get you the "super absorbant" Tampons with wings? Seriously, I am a pretty laid back dude, but all of this disdain is starting to piss me off. I have watched this team since 1992, have followed them from California, Chicago and Dallas with little to no media exposure until the new millineum, yet I still love this team. You are entitled to your feelings, but turn on the team? Really? Go cheer for the Blue Jackets. They could use a real "winner" such as yourself to raise the morale.

Most of what MG inherited was from Burke and Nonis. Most of the moves he's made have been questionable, haven't worked out and came with big contracts. I find it amazing MG wouldn't re-sign Raffi because length of term and Ehroff because he wanted too much, but yet gives a huge contract to Lu.

Why do posters like the OP and those who sympathise always act like it is MG and AV who have been trying to win a cup for forty years?

So far I would say they have had a pretty good record. An award winning GM and the winningest Canucks coach ever, so why would fans want to drive them out?

MG has made changes, he constantly tries to improve the team. Some changes may not have worked as well as he would have liked but even these can't be called busts. Many on here also act like it is only the Canucks who are trying to improve. Every team in the league wants and tries to improve.

Let's let them finish the job, after all they haven't done badly so far.

^^

Oh for FFS, give it a rest. And educate yourself on the CoHo/Kassian trade or try to be a little more forward thinking.

Glad to see Aquilini has substantially more brains than you do.

Really, eh? I'm sure he already has plenty of tar and feathers stuffed into his purse, too.

Archived