The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Submit Shortlist (Chicago, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay)

would be way more for that,I'd say Luo for Schenn , Armstrong and 3 first round picks,least 2 firsts.I think TBL would be a better deal luo,raymond,ballard and schroder for malone,hedman and a young goalie for the minors or a 1st round pick this year from them.

I think that based on Burke's woeful drafting record, he might be willing to part with the #5. But it would be a tricky trade to work out.

I am fairly confident that Luongo will wind up in Tampa Bay. I think it makes the most sense. He won't have all the media attention, he'll be closer to his family and Tampa Bay has a promising team with the likes of Stamkos and Hedman.

Tanev in my opinion is less of a liability then Schenn , so schenn is Only a minor piece but NOT a uprgrade/fix IN any category but depth

I would love to see how he plays under some canucks training and in our system but hes not what we "need" we need somewhat close to a guarantee

If gillis wants to trade luongo for schenn good hes a another young piece possibly who has just caught a stroke of playing in the wrong town (example grabner). This is Cory's time now im not expecting a high return but i am expecting come trade deadline next year we have a shake up on d Gillis has tried almost everything but a top d-man

One team not really mentioned is San Jose...I wonder if he'd be good fit there. They are a competitive team, only year off being conference finalists. Seems to me they could use an upgrade over Niemi. I don't think Luongo could fetch a top end prospect put a roster player of similar value would be possible.

TO VAN:

Havlat

TO SJ:

Luongo

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Havlat

Higgins Lapierre Kassian

Weise Malhotra Hansen

Not bad.....Havlat has a similar contract at roughly 5mil/per. Canucks have been hurting for offense the last 2 playoffs.

I think a team will overpay for him. We don't need to trade him. We could keep him if we had to. His cap hit and contract are not as bad as people make them out to be. There are however teams out there that simply can not compete without getting an elite goalie. I really think we will be getting much more in return than most people think.

reign of luongo has come to an end.....goodbye luongo........ ill forever be a canucks fan......... but luongo has inspired me in the last few years that........ to whichever team he goes...ill follow him and cheer for that team as long as he's active there...... LUUUUUUUU <3

2 thumbs down for Gardiner. Some Canucks fans are really clueless about other players outside our organization.

I also call James Duthie bluff on LUongo chosing Toronto. Why the hell would he chose Toronto? Chose a city with even more pressure to perform? Also why the hell is he chosing such a garbage team? James Duthie have no source on who he might actually chose. He just made it up, to in hopes to get followers from Toronto. It's pure B.S. Toronto happens to be a team that needs goaltending badly, I honestly doubt Luongo will want to go to Toronto. If you ask me, he probably ask for a place like Detroit. For a team to get eliminated in round 1 in 5 games, they might be looking into getting a goalie too! How bout Columbus? But I call B.S on Duthie naming Toronto. There's absolutley nobody I want from Toronto, The only way they can do it , is give us a package, but the package is a combination of a bunch of players I don't want, so it sucks.

Louongo and Ballard for Ohlund and Hedman. A trade both sides would see as a no, but maybe... Tampa gets a solid netminder and

a solid defenseman who they have first hand knowlege of as he played on Florida. Canucks get an unproven young defenseman with

a huge potential upside and Ohlund who while probably not a viable top defender anymore would fit in the locker room and could fill the

7th or 8th defenseman roll shared with Sami Salo.

Tampa instantly become favorites in the east and we look better now and in the future. A deal like this would probably involve draft picks as well depending on how well Gillis and Yzerman play poker.

Archived