The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' Gillis Refutes Reports Of Luongo's Trade List , A Piece About Av As Well

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

I love this "unrealistic standard" some of you are talking about. Lou is expected to perform miracles from time to time. He seldom doea. Schneider actually performs those miracles sometimes and some of us prefer that. But we're "running a elite goaltender out of town" and "treating him badly". I've never spoken to the man. I've never said one disrespectful word about him, unless you count "I'm not confident that Lou is the goal tender that will win us the cup" as disrespectful.

I'm sorry, but Schneider is the one who ran him out of town with a little help from Lou himself.

I just don't understand some people on here, because people think AV is such a good coach because he is now the most winningest coach as a Canuck and they like him because of that. Then you look at Luongo who has the most wins as a goalie as a Canuck and you would think it would be the same affect but it's the complete opposite. AV has been out coached year after year in the playoffs, but everyone says that's ok because he is the Canucks all time winning coach, give him 1 more year, what is the difference? Yes Luongo has had breakdowns in the playoffs, not going to lie I can see them so can everyone else, but the fact of the matter he has been the Canucks all time best goalie ever and everyone is so quickly to throw him out the door, but when a coach get's out coached year after year in the playoffs somehow he isn't at fault, because of his record. Well then same goes for Luongo, he is the Canucks all time most wins goalie, and he shouldn't be kicked out the door then either, suck it up and enjoy his contract. I have to suck it up and watch AV behind the bench year after year, even though I don't want him here, but I guess you can't fire a guy because he has the most wins ever in a Canucks uniform, so I guess you can't fire a goalie who has the most wins ever in a Canucks uniform.

Look at some of the all time Canucks stats for goaltenders, Luongo kills every goalie that has been here, his win percentage kills the likes of King Richard, or Captain Kirk, 2 goalies that this city looked at them like they were god. Then you look at his goals against average and you won't even find the likes of Richard Brodeur or Kirk Mclean on that list, and same for save percentage neither Mclean or Brodeur are on that list, yet these are 2 goalies this city had faith in and still do to this day.

Luongos first year here he played in 76 games:

He had a save percentage of .921

He had a goals against average of 2.28

6 years later and his stats are:

If you look his save percentage now it is .920

And his goals against average now is 2.35

In the 6 years he has been here his save percentage has dropped .001 and his goals against has dropped .07, which is not much for a guy who is getting older, but at the same time is an elite goaltender and the best goalie this team has ever had.

I can't seem to figure out how to copy and paste the info on goalie records for the Canucks into my post, but here is the link and you can check them out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vancouver_Canucks_records

At what point does TSN come into this equation, I mean really?

It's been a week and a half since the team was knocked out, and Gillis and Luongo haven't even sat down and talked together yet. Yet somehow Luongo has managed to make decisions about the rest of his career, and even which teams he's willing to go to? Sorry, making a list of teams that you'd be willing to go to isn't something you just hastily scribble down on a piece of paper and give to the GM. He would sit down and talk it over with his family I'm sure.

And at what point did James Duthie call him up on the phone and ask him what teams are on his list? :lol: Or if he even had a list.

The only people who know whether Luongo has requested a trade is Gillis and his Assistant GMs, Luongo, his agent, and his family. At no point does anyone in the media enter that equation. This is just specualtion being passed off as fact. But of course fans will eat it uo because it gives them something exciting to talk about.

Didn't see any thread on this but heard on tsn and team1040 and that Gillis says Lu is not submitting a list of teams to be delt too....Meaning MG hasn't decided anything about the goalie situation but then again hearing reports that Lu has in fact asked to be traded.

Who to believe!!!! But most indication is that MG has to trade Lu now

Indeed it is. Folks here love nothing more than to build our 'stars' huge lofty pedestals, plop them on top and then start tearing them down again the minute said star does not perform to some unrealistic ideal. It's shameful, pathetic and disgusts me as a Canucks fan.

Over and under on the date the Schneider hate begins? Anyone...........

Archived