Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

We Need A Captain Like Shane Doan...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#31 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

1 year too late, if you ask me.

11 points against the Sharks in round 3 bro.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#32 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

They don't fight back though... They just take it... 6 punches to the face later, b/c Marchand "felt like it...."

Wouldn't happen to Doan.

I didn't know Daniel was the captain...

#33 Baka

Baka

ばか

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

I didn't know Daniel was the captain...

Truth. Many people don't know that as new born babies their father took off their wristbands before marking them and got confused and mixed them up. Therefor they have forever lived there lives not knowing that were originally and legally born with the other name :bigblush:

Posted Image

#34 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Doan is a cowardly D-bag who has never lead anyone to anything, except his horse to water .. he does the janitorial duties on the ice? .. wow .. how admirable ..

Guy is a turd .. look up his stats for fights .. a real bruiser .. but only when he gets to start the fights .. much like Phaneuf and Jarome .. :picard:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#35 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,506 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

The sisters are wimps.. Have to be together at all times.  W/o the other they can't function.... They will never lead this team to a cup.  That's the bottom line... They'd probably rather win a world championship...

Nice job. I didn't really think it was possible to "out-stupid" your previous post, but you proved me wrong....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#36 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yeah we need a captain who gets suspended for elbows and dirty hits.

Yeah!

yes we do...

#37 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Nice job. I didn't really think it was possible to "out-stupid" your previous post, but you proved me wrong....

Some people just feel the need to raise their personal bar higher, eh, Rupert? (Or lower, as the case may be)

The sisters are wimps.. Have to be together at all times. W/o the other they can't function.... They will never lead this team to a cup. That's the bottom line... They'd probably rather win a world championship...

:picard:

Now you're just trolling....

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 07 May 2012 - 11:14 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#38 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Is there anyone in this thread who likes both Doan and the Sedin's?

#39 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Is there anyone in this thread who likes both Doan and the Sedin's?

If Doan and Henrik Sedin were both on the Canuck roster, who would you make captain? Doan for sure.

#40 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,506 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

If Doan and Henrik Sedin were both on the Canuck roster, who would you make captain?  Doan for sure.

And then would everyone end up hating Shane Doan the way they did Mark Messier?
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#41 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

Great time tonight at the game... Even spotted an old Pavel Bure jersey and Wendel Clark too.. Great to see the team doing well and the great news of getting closer to the team staying...

Doan is a beast... Really works hard... He's a great captain... Last guy off the ice in pre game.. Runs the drills, clears the pucks out of the net... He's a real leader... Gotta feel good for him.. Seems like a very good guy.

#42 chilliwiggins

chilliwiggins

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

ya they never had an owner that controls the leagues reffing either , till now. never seen so many non-calls in one single series that differs so much than the other series. their success isnt an accident, it has everything to do with selling the team. you watch how swiftly they get swept in the next series, once they are the main event , with everyone watching.

#43 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm soooo tired of all you people who say that the Sedins aren't leaders! Henrik is a great captain, he's good with the media, always works hard and is a great row model.

I'm even more tired of the people who say that they're weak and soft. Yeah, sure, they don't fight. Nor do they stand in front of the net, but look at them play! Look at all the abuse they get. They get smashed into the ice, and just get up and keep playing!

People don't seem to understand what great people, players and leaders they are.

#44 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

People on here are sickening. The same people will be crying like little bitches when the Sedins leave and they realize how bad this team is without them.

Posted Image

Sig/Avatar by ExpectoPatronum

#45 Thirty Niner

Thirty Niner

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Who scored for us. Henrik. who single handedly tried his best against LA. Henrik. Who was the best canuck. Henrik

Who scored for us? Nobody. Who singlehandedly tried his best against LA? Schneider. Who was the best Canuck? Schneider.

That said, nobody knew Shane Doan would carry Phoenix to the promised land this year. I'll keep our Henrik over him any day.

Edited by Thirty Niner, 08 May 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#46 powershotpro

powershotpro

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

But when Sedins do retaliate, people STILL call on them: "Thats not the Sedin's game. They should go back to playing the way they play"

:picard:

Maybe in Van, but everywhere else in the world they are considered the biggest pussies ever to play the game because they won't stand up to anyone. And ya they take a lot and keep bouncing back, but so do punching dummies. Seriously, would it really hurt the team if during game 34 of the season they played like the Hanson brothers for a change? I say no. Imagine Saturday night against the Leafs and Hank goes into the corner and pastes Phaneuf with an elbow that breaks his nose and then spits on him while he's lying on the ice and in the meantime Danny grabs Kessel in a headlock and just pummels him.
I hate to say it, but the game is not going to change to suit the Sedin's, so the Sedin's need to change their game or go back to Sweden where there is more room to duck out of the way.

#47 powershotpro

powershotpro

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yeah we need a captain who gets suspended for elbows and dirty hits.

Yeah!

You don't get it man. You're going into a corner with Hank on your tail, you're not worried because you know you're safe. You're going into the corner with Doan on your tail, you're thinking crap I gotta move fast or this guy is going to cause me some pain.

#48 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:29 AM

You don't get it man. You're going into a corner with Hank on your tail, you're not worried because you know you're safe. You're going into the corner with Doan on your tail, you're thinking crap I gotta move fast or this guy is going to cause me some pain.

You may not be safe from your coach though after with Henrik on your tail when he strips you of the puck and quickly passes to his brother for another assist.

Apples and 2 oranges. Henrik and Daniel are special players that come along once a lifetime. Just enjoy it. The day Hanks no longer the Captain means the Sedin era is over.

Kesler was supposed to be our Doan. :mad:

Edited by kilgore, 09 May 2012 - 01:30 AM.

#49 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Doan is a good ol Canadian boy who will retire a Yote and has the dubious distinction of kicking Mantrackers ass. That is an A in my books. Stupid Mantracker

#50 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hits, fights, scores... That's what you want as a leader... Not some soft serve like we got... This guy is a leader....

He created that goal the other night blasting the defender off the puck and getting the pass and going to the net...

Would be nice to have someone like The Doaner as our captain.. You can tell this man wants it!

I like Doan, but you're saying that a guy who has led his team to a whopping 50 playoff games in 15 seasons, is what we need in a captain? His teams have missed the playoffs 8 of the 15 years he's been there, and this is the first time in 15 years they've gotten out of the 1st round.

I think he'd a great addition to this team, but Henrik is a captain worthy of respect, while he's no Linden, the way he played after being plastered by Brown showed he's got more heart than most players in the league.

#51 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

I've been advocating for a player like Doan for a couple of years now.

...but I don't think we need a different captain.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#52 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Canucks fans see a player that had a great 1 game, and all of a sudden, "YES YES I RATHER HAVE THAT GUY OVER OUR CAPTAIN." or "I rather have that scrub over an art ross trophy winner."

Noobs everywere.

I disagree with OP pretty much, but are calling Doan a scrub?

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#53 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

11 points against the Sharks in round 3 bro.

12 pts actually

but that means 10 pts in the other 20 games.......

#54 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,763 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, Shane Doan!! Dirty Cheap Shot last night on Trevor Lewis against the Kings...

Should get suspended for awhile... I mean he is a repeat offender and all.

Definitely need a guy like this. ugh.

ugh..

#55 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Yeah, Shane Doan!! Dirty Cheap Shot last night on Trevor Lewis against the Kings...

Should get suspended for awhile... I mean he is a repeat offender and all.

Definitely need a guy like this. ugh.

ugh..

Of the three potentially suspendable hits last night, that's the last one that should receive a suspension. Lewis turned at the last second, it was just unfortunate for everyone involved.

#56 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,763 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Of the three potentially suspendable hits last night, that's the last one that should receive a suspension. Lewis turned at the last second, it was just unfortunate for everyone involved.

Regardless it was a major penalty and put the Coyotes in a huge hole. Anyways... I was directing this towards the OP who thinks we need a captain like Doan when we have an awesome captain in Hank.

#57 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Soft serve = 2nd on ironman streak

I like Shane Doan but I would NOT trade him for one of the Sedins, sorry.

When you don't deliver the dirty work, it's easier to stay healthy...

The group that I mtbike with have a saying...If your not bleeding at the end of the ride, you didn't try hard enough. Secondly, whilst the Sedins are great offensively, they are not complete all around players. They are on the ice for 20 minutes a game, that means for 20 minutes a game, none of the opposition is being hit.

Edited by puck n icehole, 16 May 2012 - 12:23 PM.

formerly......puck n icehole

#58 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

+1 if this hit is suspendable...the the NHL is setting the precedent that skating with you're head down then turn away from a player when you see a hit coming, will be the safest way to play in the NHL. It's a joke how many people look at the result but have no idea what happened on the play...shows the lack of knowledge a d experience of this organizations fanbase.

#59 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hank is the man. If you want a different captain, follow a different team.

#60 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

Or "this guy is going to get another suspension for being such a cheap shot D-bag" .. Doan is right up there with Cooke and Torres for douche-baggery to his fellow man .. and a coward to boot ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.