The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Should Stop Looking At Raymonds Down Side

TACIC

Once again, because people can't seem to comprehend. HE CANNOT BE SIGNED FOR LOWER THAN WHAT HE IS MAKING NOW. He's a restricted free agent, he can't be qualified below 2.5M. This is why people want to let him walk. We can't just offer him less money....Aiiiieeeeee, and this has been mentioned numerous times now.

25 goals and 50 points. That great effect.

Everyone sucks when they're injured. Give him one more year. I'll agree that he regressed, but he doesn't suck. He has been less effective over the last 2 years, for sure, but to just throw it all away because of what most would argue is a temporary drop in production would be impetuous.

And it makes no sense to compare Raymond to Kesler. Much more is expected of Kes; he's on a different level. Would you compare Kesler to Daniel?

I agree that Raymond has dropped off. I also agree that if he isn't able to get back to his trajectory, he should be let go. But you should be more patient. It usually pays off.

I would love Raymond, if we didn't have Higgins on the team..

They're essentially the same player, but Higgins can throw his body around which is something Raymond can't do. They're both fantastic 3rd line LWs, but there's only one spot available.. Making Raymond useless. Whatever, he got us Garisson.

I would love Raymond, if we didn't have Higgins on the team..

They're essentially the same player, but Higgins can throw his body around which is something Raymond can't do. They're both fantastic 3rd line LWs, but there's only one spot available.. Making Raymond useless. Whatever, he got us Garisson.

In a brief 2-month period in late 2009, Raymond caught fire in a bottle. His stats were:

25 GP, 13 goals, 12 assists - so, on pace for a 40-goal, 80-point campaign.

Pretty darn good...but 25 games is a very brief span. Was it simply a hot streak, or a young player finally getting his game together? There has been abundant evidence since then that it was simply a streak.

Take out that streak, and Raymond has consistently been a soft, 1/2 point-per-game (or less) in regular season and 1/3 ppg in playoffs, perimeter player. Whatever upside he has at one time is gone due to age and injuries.

He's still an above-average player for a team weak at forward. But I'd like to think the Canucks are better than that. I can't tell you how much I'd rather give Schroeder or even Jensen Raymond's spot, even if they don't outperform him at camp.

Islanders lost Parenteau, and didn't get any key FA's at forward. Grabner had chemistry with Raymond while here. Also, Islanders are waaaaaaay short of the cap floor.

Perhaps Raymond for a 3rd round pick is feasible? I think at this point, that's about the best return we're going to get for Mason

THIS ^^^^^^

Raymond is the opposite of Playoff built. i'd take a Chris Neil over this pansy in a heartbeat.

I will be choked if they resign this kid and don't substantially man up the roster in the offseason.

league minimum on a 2 way deal is all he is worth. even that would be generous.

Playoffs turn savage, every year, we need animals , not pretty boys that fall down on their knees every shift.

Archived