The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Really Starting To Become A Drag Being A Canucks Fan

nitti999

if anything stopped me from being a canucks fan it would be the fans...

i know its not every fan, and the guys with ridiculously stupid crap to say are the ones calling into team 1040... but it really seems like we have more bandwagon/idiot fans than toronto - and we make the playoffs almost every year!!

constantly embarrased by the fans in this city... the stanley cup is NOT easy to win, at least we are given a shot at it every year!

All I can say to the negative "fans" who think we need to trade this player or that player because we're not going to do well and that the Canucks aren't any good ...

"YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!"

And now, you're absolutely bored with nothing better to complain about because there's no hockey to watch for the next couple of months.

There's no reason to boo your goalie... there's no reason to be a jackass about the players... All you do is make things worse.

Why not be supportive when we do win and when we don't win?

Isn't this just more whinning?? U r just on the opposite side as the others u are accusing of whinning. Bottom line is passion brews these conversations and i would like to see the Canucks be happy and thankfull to their passionate fans for once. Instead of the pomp and arrogance seen my mg, ownership, av, and se if their players. This team is soooooo full of it

Isn't this just more whinning?? U r just on the opposite side as the others u are accusing of whinning. Bottom line is passion brews these conversations and i would like to see the Canucks be happy and thankfull to their passionate fans for once. Instead of the pomp and arrogance seen my mg, ownership, av, and se if their players. This team is soooooo full of it

Great, a bunch of whiny high school kids bitchin' about fans again!! Seriously people get over it.. neither the players nor the management give a rat's azz what fans are saying on this board or phoning in to radio talk shows. These people are pro's and pay no attention to it so get off your high horses about cheering only and no negatives about the Nucks

some people just don't know how to appreciate. We have a great coach right now but some fans don't want him to coach. We have a great goalie here but people want to trade him. We have a great two way center here and people think he is useless. We have a great young D here and people still think we need Weber. People think Quinn is a great coach and yes he is, but Av achieved more than Quinn. Start to appreciate.. I bet 20 years or even 10 years after Av stop coaching the team someone will say i wish Av is still coaching......... Just look at crowford.. people are balming him for everything... then there are people suggesting he should take over av's job.....

Being "grateful" and "supportive" accomplishes nothing, as it relates to this team winning a Cup. The whining is justified, and it's behavior and fan involvement like that which lines the pockets of the Aquilini's. The alternative is not caring at all, and not attending the games and buying the merchandise.

The Canucks can't have it both ways.

Tell me this. For instance. This city is clearly a goaltenders grave. The goaltender the most critical position in hockey. I hate to bring luongo up again because I truly think it is over for him here. But look why? He came here first season. Amazing!! Not a so called choke artist. Then what happened?? A bad game media fans out poor, hang him!, Please tell me any athlete that can succeed with that in the back of his head. Patrick Roy?..

View Auto Saved Content (Today, 01:54 PM)

Last auto saved: 17:26:40

If Schneider goes thru this, what will happen?..

Enough said I hope u got my point. Stop the bitching!,

Fans are extremely anxious. The team has been pretty successful the last several years but each successful season has concluded with a colossal failure of some sort: Two straight dreadful series losses to the Blackhawks, a complete meltdown in the SCF against the Bruins and a disappointing 1st round loss to the 8th seed team, which may have actually been the least pitiful of the failures.

Not necessarily defending all the crying and complaining that goes on but at the same time I can see why fans are starting to get prickly. We're sick of the failures and the lame excuses that ensue. Just win already!

Another "True Fan" thread. Thank God. I was starting to think we'd never see another one of these.

Admittedly, there are nutters on every side of every argument around here - pro Lou, anti-Lou; pro-AV, anti-AV; MG is an idiot, MG is a genius; Raymond<bag of pucks, Raymond>bag of pucks. Am I going to let those pricks ruin my love of this team? Nope.

Am I going to start a thread about it? No. Just no.

Ignore feature is invaluable. It has saved me from perma-ban many times.

"FANS" support their Team. That IS what a "FAN" means ! Why do you critics think the Canucks "pissed" on YOUR cornflakes? Get real, grow up, have some fun, and quit "pissing" on the Canucks Cornflakes ! Luongo , we're there Bud ! Go Canucks !

"FANS" support their Team. That IS what a "FAN" means ! Why do you critics think the Canucks "pissed" on YOUR cornflakes? Get real, grow up, have some fun, and quit "pissing" on the Canucks Cornflakes ! Luongo , we're there Bud ! Go Canucks !

Another thread complaining about the fan base. There is like one every day. If you don't like it, don't read the forums, don't read the Vancouver Sun / The Province, and don't listen to the Team 1040.

Archived