The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Really Starting To Become A Drag Being A Canucks Fan

nitti999

LATICS-ALLSTAR-CHEERLEADERS1.jpg

Come one come all and cheer for the Canucks!!! You don't have to know anything about hockey

because we don't like fans who discuss the game!! Just show up and you'll be accepted into our fold!!!!

2 - 4 - 6 - 8 Who do we appreciate? Anyone in a Canucks uniform because they are all perfect!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dislike fake "fans" first and foremost-- know this guy who blatantly says, "oh Canucks lost so I'll just jump ship to _____" and another who got into the habit of asking me "did they win tonight?" after every loss last postseason... bandwagoners and trolls tick me off, and the whole "blame Lu" thing is just crazy. If anything I'd put some blame on MG and AV, it's the pieces brought into the room that put on the performances. Much like building a house. You blame the architect for screwy pieces, while at the same time closely scrutinizing each piece but the builder should still get the most attention for the results.

OP, have a break, leave the Internet for awhile (and maybe have a Kit Kat).

The only good thing about losing so early is having 6 months to finally fully recover from Craig Simpson and the entire CBC crew spewing pure hatred and verbal diarreah at our team.

yes i agree. and the vancouver media covering the canucks drive me crazy. they tend to over blow small issues. they obviously need to write about something and sometimes they over-sensationalize. or sometimes, they write like they can coach better than AV or can do a better job than MG.

yup support and appreciate. stop whining. we have a great team.

why people have gotten very opinionated and vocal with those opinions is that, this window is the best chance we have to win the cup. AV couldn`t do it with the canucks ``dream team``, people realize that this canucks team that has been assembled is the best canucks team ever assembled and our best shot at the cup.... therefore it is either now, or later (who knows when later is)... WE EXPECT A CUP, anything less is a failed season, thats that folks... simple as that

PS our farm team does not have any gems coming up, only big name to truly be excited about coming up is Jensen... Gillis needs to make some bold moves this offseason especially if Cap goes up by the rumored 4 mill .... (my wish list includes Schultz, Garrison, Parise, Parenteau, Fraser, Jokinen, Doan) and of course suter but i figured everybody had em of course to fit these guys we`d have to get rid of multiple contracts, booth and ballard being the standout contracts that we would get rid of

PPS if gillis qualifies raymond..... UGGHHHH :sadno::sick:

To sum up the OP:

The Canucks are the good guys, and the "fans" are the bad guys. The good guys are always right and the bad guys are always wrong.

Furthermore, since there is no distinction between constructive criticism, insults or defeatism, I will crucify you because its all the same, blasphemous.

Way to take the high road! :P

I'm starting to look at it as a win win situation - when the Canucks win, it is damn fine, when they don't win, there is always the entertainment value of listening to the whiners, complainers, mopers, and the angry arrogance of those who think they deserve/are entitled to a winning team. ..

I think the posters on CDC should be glad we have the gamut we do to bounce ideas off of.

It could be worse in that we all hate everything like the Canadiens fanbase or the opposite in Toronto. Granted, both of those examples are obvious exaggerations and homerisms in themselves.

Point is, we're lucky to have the regular voices who suggest ideas we agree or disagree with with which we can expand upon before someone mentions that we should've drafted Kopitarz and the thread derails. There's always going to be ridiculous topics and sentiments, but at least we have the option/emoticon to facepalm and move on to something interesting.

If anybody's tired of being a Canucks fan, IMO you should regulate how often you come online or find a "better" team to root for – the intelligent opinions are the ones that cause discussion, not delusion.

Go 'nucks!

I think the posters on CDC should be glad we have the gamut we do to bounce ideas off of.

It could be worse in that we all hate everything like the Canadiens fanbase or the opposite in Toronto. Granted, both of those examples are obvious exaggerations and homerisms in themselves.

Point is, we're lucky to have the regular voices who suggest ideas we agree or disagree with with which we can expand upon before someone mentions that we should've drafted Kopitarz and the thread derails. There's always going to be ridiculous topics and sentiments, but at least we have the option/emoticon to facepalm and move on to something interesting.

If anybody's tired of being a Canucks fan, IMO you should regulate how often you come online or find a "better" team to root for – the intelligent opinions are the ones that cause discussion, not delusion.

Go 'nucks!

First of all I love the Canucks always have for thirty years now. I follow them religiously.

But progressively it has gotten worse and worse with the fans and medias perspective regarding this team. If it is not one thing it is the other. All I hear is complaining and finger pointing. He said this. The agent said this. The coach said this. The gm shoud do this. The goaltender sucks. No hes good again now he sucks again. Never freaking happy. And it starts with media. And the fans eat it up and support it

Yes it is great to be passionate. Yes we want a Stanley cup. But if I had to go to war with the average Canuck fan backing me up.LORD HELP ME.

Our current Canuck team has shown us a ton to be happy about. Look at the Leafs. Hocket central no playoffs for years. All we do is whine and we are never grateful

If you are a true fan start supporting. Stop being so critical. BE A TRUE FAN NOT A CONSTANT CRiTIC

I agree. Hell, I've been a Canucks Fan for over 40 years. It ain't easy with the black cloud media (Tony Gallagher types, etc) and the whiny fans. The last few years, the fans are worse than ever. It's getting tiresome. I think the best Canuck fans are the ones that don't live in Vancouver, like me. I grew up in the Lower Mainland but I would never move back (too expensive, too crowded and too much rain). I'm happy in the Shuswap. As far as I'm concerned, Mike Gillis is the best GM we've ever had and I've seen them all. I'm not saying that he will or won't make mistakes but he seems to be a straight shooter and he seems to have the best vision for the team.

Archived