The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Really Starting To Become A Drag Being A Canucks Fan

nitti999

I bet they regret that the Canucks were not in it longer now though. Much as I have enjoyed these playoffs there seems to be a lack of the frenzied excitement last years playoffs had with the Canucks.

I'm probably biased but I felt we showed a lot more personality and colour in our team and the scintillating way we played (to be fair so did Boston.....but of a different sort) than these teams.

It seems more about cancelling out than exciting hockey............to me.

I felt a lot went out of the series with the loss of Philly and the Caps.

If people were not so goddamned lazy to actually commit to enjoying this era of the team and formed their own opinions instead of believing the media, the fanbase would be so much healthier.

Many people are missing out on the most bizarrely entertaining version of the Vancouver Canucks in a long while.

First of all I love the Canucks always have for thirty years now. I follow them religiously.

But progressively it has gotten worse and worse with the fans and medias perspective regarding this team. If it is not one thing it is the other. All I hear is complaining and finger pointing. He said this. The agent said this. The coach said this. The gm shoud do this. The goaltender sucks. No hes good again now he sucks again. Never freaking happy. And it starts with media. And the fans eat it up and support it

Yes it is great to be passionate. Yes we want a Stanley cup. But if I had to go to war with the average Canuck fan backing me up.LORD HELP ME.

Our current Canuck team has shown us a ton to be happy about. Look at the Leafs. Hocket central no playoffs for years. All we do is whine and we are never grateful

If you are a true fan start supporting. Stop being so critical. BE A TRUE FAN NOT A CONSTANT CRiTIC

First of all I love the Canucks always have for thirty years now. I follow them religiously.

But progressively it has gotten worse and worse with the fans and medias perspective regarding this team. If it is not one thing it is the other. All I hear is complaining and finger pointing. He said this. The agent said this. The coach said this. The gm shoud do this. The goaltender sucks. No hes good again now he sucks again. Never freaking happy. And it starts with media. And the fans eat it up and support it

Yes it is great to be passionate. Yes we want a Stanley cup. But if I had to go to war with the average Canuck fan backing me up.LORD HELP ME.

Our current Canuck team has shown us a ton to be happy about. Look at the Leafs. Hocket central no playoffs for years. All we do is whine and we are never grateful

If you are a true fan start supporting. Stop being so critical. BE A TRUE FAN NOT A CONSTANT CRiTIC

LATICS-ALLSTAR-CHEERLEADERS1.jpg

Come one come all and cheer for the Canucks!!! You don't have to know anything about hockey

because we don't like fans who discuss the game!! Just show up and you'll be accepted into our fold!!!!

2 - 4 - 6 - 8 Who do we appreciate? Anyone in a Canucks uniform because they are all perfect!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a 42 year fan wondering if the Canucks will ever make it to Win #16. Then come talk to me. Until then I will criticize if the damned team doesn't come to work every day and play a lunchbucket game of hockey. When you start wondering about the commitment of the players and wondering if the Canucks will ever win a Stanley Cup before you shuffle off this mortal coil, then things are definitely not looking good. 2011-2012 season was the measuring stick. They fell short.

Me, I'll keep cheering on my fav team. Go Vancouver, but I'll reserve the right to throw rocks in your general direction if you guys on the ice don't smarten the hell up!!!

My point by creating this topic was only to bring out the fact that I feel our media and fans have a bad habit of throwing any player, coach, gm under the bus. And are far too critical

Yes we should expect more, that is the fun of sports isn't it?? The drive to improve. For the ultimate goal or goals. One Stanley cup, then two Stanley cups. It is endless. Success is want we want. The feeling of winning

What frustrates me is the constant nit picking, always looking to be over critical. Like a bad relationship, or a mean teacher.

Tell me this. For instance. This city is clearly a goaltenders grave. The goaltender the most critical position in hockey. I hate to bring luongo up again because I truly think it is over for him here. But look why? He came here first season. Amazing!! Not a so called choke artist. Then what happened?? A bad game media fans out poor, hang him!, Please tell me any athlete that can succeed with that in the back of his head. Patrick Roy?..

If Schneider goes thru this, what will happen?..

Enough said I hope u got my point. Stop the bitching!,

What a concept, don't be critical of the team you cheer for, they are all perfect, and anyone who criticizes is not a fan, or whining. Right. I care. And I don't care how you define me, but I will not blindly clap and cheer for players like Raymond when he falls down, does his spin on the half boards and coughs up the puck with the other two forwards trapped deep every single time he gets the puck in the o-zone. I guess you cheerleaders think the teams perfect and no changes should be made, which I wonder if that's the case, why we haven't won a cup.

Do me a favor and stop telling people how to cheer and how to express themselves. We're all free to react towards our team how we see fit - short of rioting and breaking the law. Don't like it? Don't listen. It's a free country and I'd like to keep it that way.

My point by creating this topic was only to bring out the fact that I feel our media and fans have a bad habit of throwing any player, coach, gm under the bus. And are far too critical

Yes we should expect more, that is the fun of sports isn't it?? The drive to improve. For the ultimate goal or goals. One Stanley cup, then two Stanley cups. It is endless. Success is want we want. The feeling of winning

What frustrates me is the constant nit picking, always looking to be over critical. Like a bad relationship, or a mean teacher.

Tell me this. For instance. This city is clearly a goaltenders grave. The goaltender the most critical position in hockey. I hate to bring luongo up again because I truly think it is over for him here. But look why? He came here first season. Amazing!! Not a so called choke artist. Then what happened?? A bad game media fans out poor, hang him!, Please tell me any athlete that can succeed with that in the back of his head. Patrick Roy?..

If Schneider goes thru this, what will happen?..

Enough said I hope u got my point. Stop the bitching!,

I'd just be happy seeing the Canucks raise the Cup and the banner to the roof at least once. Then I'd know that they had the drive in them to complete a 16 win successful playoff run, rather than falling short every single time they've gotten into the playoffs. As i said before, I'd like to see at least 1 Stanley Cup banner raised by the Canucks before I DIE! Right now it's looking rather BLEAK!

I'm interested to see how fans of other teams make fun of us after we acquire a cup. That dis is overused.

Other than not having a cup, the only craptastic thing to point fingers at, is the fans themselves and their sense of entitlement.

But not all of them of course.

Archived