The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Year Ago Today: June 10, 2011 ... This Happened

Franz Liszt

After this game I started talking like we'd won the Cup already because I didn't think there was any way we were going to lose

But then Luongo made his "tire pumping" comment, and that gave the Bruins bulletin board material. And then our defence and offence decided to suck. And then we lost the Cup.

Happy Anniversary kiddies.

It amazes me when I think about how different the loss felt in 94 as it did last year. In 94 it was sad but we still felt that the team did there best, were just beat by a better team and were proud of them. Last year was just a feeling of disappointment.

Are you trying to make me cry? I can't watch any of that stuff yet maybe I never will be able too. I still tear up seeing highlights from the Canucks 94 run. In the end we didn't win so the fact that we had an 'amazing' run means nothing! I don't care if we won the Presidents' Trophy two years in a role I have waited for a Stanley cup for far to long and I am getting impatient. Nothing else will mater, nothing else would mean anything in my hockey loving world. Its to the point I am looking at getting a 'third' favorite team because I really don't know if Vancouver is going to get it done! So to see posts like this, yes, I may be taking things to serious but it really hurts still.

Are you trying to make me cry? I can't watch any of that stuff yet maybe I never will be able too. I still tear up seeing highlights from the Canucks 94 run. In the end we didn't win so the fact that we had an 'amazing' run means nothing! I don't care if we won the Presidents' Trophy two years in a role I have waited for a Stanley cup for far to long and I am getting impatient. Nothing else will mater, nothing else would mean anything in my hockey loving world. Its to the point I am looking at getting a 'third' favorite team because I really don't know if Vancouver is going to get it done! So to see posts like this, yes, I may be taking things to serious but it really hurts still.

Kind of goes against the whole "believe" sig?

I understand the "waited so long" - I've been here as a fan since from the onset. But I could never imagine lining up potential teams to throw in the towel here...going down with this ship no matter what.

Just found this comment kind of strange.

I really EXPECTED to win the cup, after the Chicago deal and then getting a shot and beating them...we've been taking all the necessary steps to go one further than our last failed attempt. But last year was too soon - I just think the team didn't really have time to reset and fully recharge. The wounds still hadn't healed and I believe this crew has the tools in place to get it done. The drive/determination of a hungry team just wasn't there this time after a grueling run that depleted the tanks.

I don't look back at any of it...forward only. The Lions are a good example of how you can redeem yourself as a team after everyone else has given up on you. Teams do bounce back. Many here (in the fanbase) have given up and I hope the door doesn't hit them on the way out.

Am I only the only one that still gets happy when I see this goal?

Sure it didn't end the way we all wanted it to, but it doesn't change the good feelings everyone had during the run. I still remember how excited I was when he scored that goal.

And for the first time since 94 I actually believed we were going to win it all. And I still have hope that that will happen one day soon. :)

Am I only the only one that still gets happy when I see this goal?

Sure it didn't end the way we all wanted it to, but it doesn't change the good feelings everyone had during the run. I still remember how excited I was when he scored that goal.

And for the first time since 94 I actually believed we were going to win it all. And I still have hope that that will happen one day soon. :)

Archived