Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Gillis Wants the Team to Get Younger

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

We also have one of the leagues worst prospect pool!! I think we Canuck fans are in for hell soon, aging team, lots of question marks around our stars about health and on the decline, who all have NTC but we have nothing coming up that could replace them. Edler is UFA next summer so the possibility of losing our best and youngest D man who is our # 1 guy will be a nightmare, Gillis has a ton of work this summer.

I think I mentioned in another post that our last defensive prospects that we drafted to make OUR team were Bieksa and Edler. That is absolutely pathetic. (Bourdon doesn't count since he's no longer with us)
Posted Image

#62 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

Which is why he has been trading off all our top prospects and draft picks - Grabner, Hodgson, etc.

How is Grabner doing now? Hodgson didn't want to be here! Next....
:towel:

#63 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

Hodgson got shafted and Gillis keep's signing VERY mediocre 3rd and 4th line players and...and is on course to re-sign Raymond.

#64 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

Hodgson got shafted and Gillis keep's signing VERY mediocre 3rd and 4th line players and...and is on course to re-sign Raymond.

That ruins your argument then as Raymond, when fit is an exceptional player. I hope he does stay and I hope he lights us up next season. It just goes to show how much more the likes of MG and AV know about assessing a hockey player than the keyboard jockeys on here................but hey even a stopped clock get's it right twice so keep the faith.
Kevin.jpg

#65 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

That ruins your argument then as Raymond, when fit is an exceptional player. I hope he does stay and I hope he lights us up next season. It just goes to show how much more the likes of MG and AV know about assessing a hockey player than the keyboard jockeys on here................but hey even a stopped clock get's it right twice so keep the faith.

Problem is he won't light it up on Keslers wing; Kesler would have to pass for that to happen.

#66 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Is the answer a time machine?
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.