Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

4,387 posts in this topic

He had mentioned playing for the Blackhawks, and while that would be an eerie feeling to watch that, would you do a straight up Luongo for Patrick Kane deal?

Jeez the 'big' story on TSN gave me a quick adrenaline burst. But nothing still...

He had mentioned playing for the Blackhawks, and while that would be an eerie feeling to watch that, would you do a straight up Luongo for Patrick Kane deal?

That would be sweet but I think Luongo for Hossa is more realistic.

Yeah, the contracts are both uber long retirement type. only issue is hossa's health atm. anyone heard anything yet?

Yeah, we could probably sweeten it with a draft pick and/or mid level prospect (Rodin). I remember hearing if the hawks got Parise then Kane could go on the block, but since they didn't they may not want to part with him as easily anymore.

Why is the hockey world suddenly focussed on Lu to Chicago? He was asked about the city and gave a pretty standard player answer..."great hockey city, organization, bla bla etc" ...he didn't say 'oh yes, please send me there". God, people are stupid sometimes :/

*Players don't badmouth other organizations at that level of publicity, esp at a critical turning point in their career. It would be career suicide, doesn't matter what city is on the end of the question.

Why is the hockey world suddenly focussed on Lu to Chicago? He was asked about the city and gave a pretty standard player answer..."great hockey city, organization, bla bla etc" ...he didn't say 'oh yes, please send me there". God, people are stupid sometimes :/

*Players don't badmouth other organizations at that level of publicity, esp at a critical turning point in their career. It would be career suicide, doesn't matter what city is on the end of the question.