The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Yeah like Florida needs a small underachieving prospect in Schroeder. He has absolutely no value to them. And good luck peddling Raymond (our unwanted player) also

I highly doubt we're getting a top 6 player of their main roster. And by decent prospect I hope you're not banking on Kulikov, Gudbranson, Hubredeau, Petrovic, Bjugstad, Petrovic as they are essentially untouchable.

I could see the possibility of Howden, Shore, Robak as a possibility but we'll be taking a salary dump in either Upshall, Jovonasky, Kopecky from Florida as well

Why would he need a list? He's not dick Nash with 15 teams interested. There are three maybe four tops and that's pushing it. At this point Gilly will make a trade then ask him. He most likely will waive it. Even if columbus acquired him he'd probably go at this point. He's been treated like crap by fans and media alike. He hates us. He doesn't play for us.

If Luongo were to be sent to the AHL his salary would no longer count towards the teams caap, but the owners would still be paying him his full NHL salary, he doesn't have a two way contract. Luongo put on a happy face and played nice with AV, MG and schneider durning the playoffs, but that happy face will be gone if he is riding the pine watching the games from the bench for a full season, and thats never good for team morale, so no win win win there either.

The only thing is that Toronto really needs to upgrade goaltending. Whatever he might say that Burke of a Brian. Florida doesn't have to. 1 year, 2 max and Markstrom will be ready (if he is going to be ready I mean) and Florida seems to have faith in him. Don't spend your money just yet.

Why would he need a list? He's not dick Nash with 15 teams interested. There are three maybe four tops and that's pushing it. At this point Gilly will make a trade then ask him. He most likely will waive it. Even if columbus acquired him he'd probably go at this point. He's been treated like crap by fans and media alike. He hates us. He doesn't play for us.

Archived