Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4386 replies to this topic

#3781 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

You honestly can't compare Jordan Staal to Roberto Luongo. One is a top 2 centerman, the other is an established all star goalie, no matter what the haters say. His record speaks for itself.

Are you comparing Jordin Staals value to Luongo's ? , At this point in there careers Staal has more value because of his age and his untapped potential that has not been used while sitting behind Crosby and Malkin
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#3782 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just chillax guys got entire summer to get a good return for lu...enjoy your great summers and be patient

#3783 leftcoast

leftcoast

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Mobile

Puck moving

Defenceman

View PostBedBeats™, on 26 January 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:

Totally.....i want a fresh, fully healed Willie

#3784 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Exactly.

Fans that want a deal to get done for their own satisfaction or entertainment, instead of being patient and getting the best return possible, aren't very good fans.

This trade could impact the future of this organization.

Gillis could rush a trade and dump him for a bunch of spare parts and crappy picks. Or he can be patient and wait till a team gets desperate enough and trades us a young potential superstar.

I'm willing to wait if it means we get the young potential superstar.

COULD? COULD? This trade WILL impact this team's future, veering it unquestionably into an entirely different direction altogether, hopefully not into a downward spiral. We're talking about trading the best athlete of any sport to ever play for Vancouver.

How could fans ever resist turning not a goalie but THE goalie to eventually bring a Cup. Whatever fan thinks Schneider will turn out to be better than Luongo is illusioned into hopeful Fantassy.

Gillis BETTER be patient, otherwise Schneider will look really ugly and then bolt to another city where the pressure of being a goalie will be less.

Edited by GHL, 12 July 2012 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

#3785 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,283 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Mobile

Puck moving

Defenceman

Big Shutdown defensive defenceman.

Gudbranson is a pipe dream, but hopefully that's who MG is trying to acquire.

Subbancopy.jpg

#3786 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Lol @NotBobbyLou just tweeted this.

@nhlfanchat: LATEST LOUNGO RUMOR! @MapleLeafs have a deal in place sending 1st or 2nd rd pick, Komisarek, Kulimen to @VanCanucks cud happen soon @NHL #FF

#3787 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

COULD? COULD? This trade WILL impact this team's future, veering it unquestionably into an entirely different direction altogether, hopefully not into a downward spiral. We're talking about trading the best athlete of any sport to ever play for Vancouver.

How could fans ever resist turning not a goalie but THE goalie to eventually bring a Cup. Whatever fan thinks Schneider will turn out to be better than Luongo is illusioned into hopeful Fantassy.

Gillis BETTER be patient, otherwise Schneider will look really ugly and then bolt to another city where the pressure of being a goalie will be less.

The Sedins have been more of a factor in the success of the team than Lu. You really need to get a grip on reality accusing others of their fantasies.

As for LU and the cup...he just needed to play 4 great games instead of 3 in the SCF and the cup would have been ours. FYI - Thomas played 7 great games.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 12 July 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#3788 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

The Sedins have been more of a factor in the success of the team thatn Lu. You really need to get a grip on reality accusing others of their fantasies.

As for LU and the cup...he just needed to play 4 great games instead of 3 in the SCF and the cup would have been ours. FYI - Thomas played 7 great games.

So you're not going to cry then if Schneider sh*ts the bed and the Canucks become a mediocre team all over again and the Sedins are "exposed for what they are".

Just sayin'

Posted Image

#3789 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

So you're not going to cry then if Schneider sh*ts the bed and the Canucks become a mediocre team all over again and the Sedins are "exposed for what they are".

Just sayin'

career second liners

at best!

#3790 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Gudbranson for Lu straight up would be a dream. Waive Ballard. Sign doan or Semin. That would make me love Gilly forever. Won't happen though.
Posted Image

#3791 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Just sayin'

Who knows if Cory will pull a Lu and Sh*t the bed as you say. I think he is the better long-term choice for a team looking to get younger and remain competitive for the longer term.

Perhaps you'd care to share what the Sedins will be exposed as?

If the Nucks are a mediocre team because Lu leaves, they really never had much of a chance to win the cup and need a major rebuild anyways.

#3792 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Who knows if Cory will pull a Lu and Sh*t the bed as you say. I think he is the better long-term choice for a team looking to get younger and remain competitive for the longer term.

Perhaps you'd care to share what the Sedins will be exposed as?

If the Nucks are a mediocre team because Lu leaves, they really never had much of a chance to win the cup and need a major rebuild anyways.

Not trying to take anything from anyone on the Canucks really. But Luongo is the reason the Canucks have been considered elite for the better part of six years.

Time will tell and I sure hope I'm wrong.

Edited by GHL, 12 July 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image

#3793 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Not trying to take anything from anyone on the Canucks really. But Luongo is the reason the Canucks have been considered elite for the better part of six years.

Ummm...no it's the sedins

#3794 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Lady Gaga

how do you wake up Lady Gaga?

#3795 Beer-League-Goalie

Beer-League-Goalie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Does anyone remember the days when we first got Lou and haters started calling us the "Vancouver Luongo's". How we were nothing with out him....

#3796 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

The Canucks did average 99 points in the 3 years prior to Luongo with 2 future Art Ross winners(MVP) in the Sedins and future Selke winner in Kesler about to hit their prime;as well as, Jack Adams winner to come with AV.

#3797 FanInCalgary

FanInCalgary

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Does anyone remember the days when we first got Lou and haters started calling us the "Vancouver Luongo's". How we were nothing with out him....

I've never heard anyone call us that.

#3798 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,283 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Gudbranson for Lu straight up would be a dream. Waive Ballard. Sign doan or Semin. That would make me love Gilly forever. Won't happen though.

Why would you waive Ballard when we would clearly still have the cap space to keep him.

You're more comfortable with

Tanev - Gudbranson
Or
Ballard - Gudbranson?

Subbancopy.jpg

#3799 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,639 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Why would you waive Ballard when we would clearly still have the cap space to keep him.

You're more comfortable with

Tanev - Gudbranson
Or
Ballard - Gudbranson?

Dumping Ballard has become a popular idea on CDC, so people say it any chance they get, even if it;s unecessary...

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3800 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

The Sedins have been more of a factor in the success of the team than Lu. You really need to get a grip on reality accusing others of their fantasies.

Luongo played an integral role in our SCF run in 2011. The team managed eight goals in seven games. The whole team could have played better. But to lay the blame back on the goaltender is terrible. All it shows is that you have very little knowledge about the sport you're watching. Which begs the question:

Why do you even bother posting on a hockey board?

Edited by Hockey!?, 12 July 2012 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3801 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Luongo played an integral role in our SCF run in 2011. The team managed eight goals in seven games. The whole team could have played better. But to lay the blame back on the goaltender is terrible. All it shows is that you have very little knowledge about the sport you're watching. Which begs the question:

Why do you even bother posting on a hockey board?

My sincere apologies. In future, I will attempt to only post opinions and observations that agree with your point of view.

Grow up!!! Youre post sounds like you're 10 yrs old and just learnt how to spell "hockey". If you want to cheerlead join a fan club not a discussion board!

As for my previous comments, they were addressed to a poster who said without Lu, the Sedins would be "exposed" and the team would be "mediocre". I pointed out that Lu was not the difference maker and played no more up to his potential than anyone else on the team.

#3802 Beer-League-Goalie

Beer-League-Goalie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

For the first year I heard it all the time, especially on the TSN page after a win.

#3803 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

For a player known to have poor starts you would think he would be putting all his effort into being ready for the season, but no,,mr selfish is the only NHL player wasting his time playing in the WSOP.
I bet Cory is focussung on better things.

#3804 TheInsideScoop

TheInsideScoop

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

I really want MG to get a good return for Lu, however, I reallly get the feeling that we are asking for too much and may be closing our doors of opportunity.

#3805 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

For a player known to have poor starts you would think he would be putting all his effort into being ready for the season, but no,,mr selfish is the only NHL player wasting his time playing in the WSOP.
I bet Cory is focussung on better things.

Why should it matter he probably wont be playing for us come the start of the season anyway. Since when is taking a holiday from work considered selfish, have you ever taken time off work if so we should call you selfish and if you say you havent we should call you a liar.

#3806 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

POPULAR

Figure here is as good a place as any....

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#3807 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

Why should it matter he probably wont be playing for us come the start of the season anyway. Since when is taking a holiday from work considered selfish, have you ever taken time off work if so we should call you selfish and if you say you havent we should call you a liar.

Getting paid 7 million a year to be a pro athlete is a bit different than most peoples job.

#3808 OneToughCustomer

OneToughCustomer

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

YaK,

The design of the box is absolutely incredible and the rules of the game are funny and on point. I'm rarely a contributor but I had to applaud your efforts. Good work.

#3809 Pasific Coluseum

Pasific Coluseum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

Lol @NotBobbyLou just tweeted this.

@nhlfanchat: LATEST LOUNGO RUMOR! @MapleLeafs have a deal in place sending 1st or 2nd rd pick, Komisarek, Kulimen to @VanCanucks cud happen soon @NHL #FF

This guys spelling is atrocious. LOUNGO??? Really??? Who's that? LEAFS ARE OUT OF THE LUONGO TRADE TALKS!!! He'll be a Florida Panther come the start of the new season.

#3810 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

Thinking about it... If we do land Doan, I hope Gillis and AV sit down with Luongo and convince him to stay for this next season at least, and then trade Raymond and/or Ballard for some depth on D (no.4/5 d-man who can log 18 minutes a night for us)..

Edited by HockeyHobo73, 13 July 2012 - 04:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.