Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Canucks-Gragnani, Oreskovich, Rome, Ebbett, Duco and Parent Not Qualified, Unrestricted Free Agents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
137 replies to this topic

#121 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Aaron Rome once scored 3 goals in 4 games. Miracles sometimes do happen.

I'll take a 15 games sampling vs a 4 game sampling any day when trying to look at the bigger picture.

Wasn't even considering the fcat that Rome was a minus player on the Canucks while Sulzer was a +6 before leaving. Sulzer looked decent when he played, and looked decent in Buffalo. Not sure why you think he didn't other than the typical "he's not a canuck anymore and I'm all butthurt so must slag the player" mentality that is so prevalent here...

#122 BleedBlueAndGreen

BleedBlueAndGreen

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Im ok with all of those except Ebbett. Damn :(

14o6bli.jpg
Credit to -VintageCanuck for the sig

#123 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,260 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

Im ok with all of those except Ebbett. Damn :(

He wasn't going to get a chance here. We need more toughness and size in our bottom 6.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#124 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'm confused.

So the Canucks mgmt actually thought Gragnani would help them in the playoffs? Because I thought they played him all those games at the end of season to get him to RFA status. And now he's not worth a QO of $550,000?

And they shopped Gragnani around but had no takers? Seriously? Not even a pick? That's not good.

When it comes to trades the Canuck's scouting is starting to get really concerning. Of course I'm assuming they look at players before trades but who knows, maybe they don't... because it sure doesn't seem that way. Luckily Gillis has had a better luck with free agent signings. But every trade Gillis makes worries me now.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#125 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

Grangani is absolutely horrible. I don't see where the love for this sack of pudding is coming from? His rare flashes of offense don't even come close to making up for how much of a liability this guy is out there.

Did nobody see him play with Buffalo? The fans were calling for his head in the end.

#126 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

Grangani is absolutely horrible. I don't see where the love for this sack of pudding is coming from? His rare flashes of offense don't even come close to making up for how much of a liability this guy is out there.

Did nobody see him play with Buffalo? The fans were calling for his head in the end.

sad but true.... he is a career AHLer..... too bad things didn't work out for him. When the trade was made, some were calling him the dark horse of the trade. Oh well, sometime things work out, and sometimes they dont.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#127 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

I definitely wouldn't have minded to have Gragnani and Duco for at least another year. Quite devastated that other teams will have a chance to steal our prized possession; Aaron Rome that is.
Posted Image

#128 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

People need to remember that Gragnani had no value and was in Buffalo's dog house when he was acquired. The deal was essentially, Kassian for Hodgson. Not surprised that no team tried to make a deal, especially since he was heavily rumored to be in trade talks when he was on the Buffalo squad. There were no takers at that point either, the Canucks probably just took him for the hell of it. Neither Sulzer or Gragnani were utilized before the trade.

Edited by Rey, 26 June 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#129 Melbourne Canuck

Melbourne Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

I heard Gillis on 1040 a week or so ago saying that Gragnani was qualified. This news says to me that something else has come up. I'd suggest that Schultz is a big chance to come to the Canucks as Rome has also not been offered a new deal.

Regarding Ebbett, he's a little unlucky I guess but IIRC Sami Pahlsson reportedly said something like Canucks have something big coming up when he was asked why he didn't re-sign in Vancouver. Could this also mean something for why Ebbett wasn't signed? I can't help but think Gillis has some moves he's ready to make and the thing that's likely holding it up is probably the goaltender situation. The sooner that scenario is cleared up the better IMO. So many rumours about who may be coming to Vancouver, Garrison, Schultz etc.

I hate the off season but I'm really hating this off season so far. So much uncertainty about the Canucks (Luongo/Schneider and rumours re Garrison, Schultz etc.) and the pending NHLPA and NHL CBA discussions and lockout possibility. Not sure I could survive another lockout...

#130 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

not grags??

he´s a young guy..should have got a chance

i would have also qualified ebbet

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#131 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

You know I really question this teams ability to judge talent... first in the Ballard trade Oreskovich had to be part of the deal and was the deal breaker for the 1st rounder, then MAG had to be coming back in the Hodgson trade and they had their eye on him for over a year and now we just let them both go.

#132 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

I heard Gillis on 1040 a week or so ago saying that Gragnani was qualified. This news says to me that something else has come up. I'd suggest that Schultz is a big chance to come to the Canucks as Rome has also not been offered a new deal.

Regarding Ebbett, he's a little unlucky I guess but IIRC Sami Pahlsson reportedly said something like Canucks have something big coming up when he was asked why he didn't re-sign in Vancouver. Could this also mean something for why Ebbett wasn't signed? I can't help but think Gillis has some moves he's ready to make and the thing that's likely holding it up is probably the goaltender situation. The sooner that scenario is cleared up the better IMO. So many rumours about who may be coming to Vancouver, Garrison, Schultz etc.

I hate the off season but I'm really hating this off season so far. So much uncertainty about the Canucks (Luongo/Schneider and rumours re Garrison, Schultz etc.) and the pending NHLPA and NHL CBA discussions and lockout possibility. Not sure I could survive another lockout...

I don't see how Pahlsson would have an inside track on the Canucks offseason plan when he was only here for a few months and was being let go. He's probably thinking about the goalie trade.

#133 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

You know I really question this teams ability to judge talent... first in the Ballard trade Oreskovich had to be part of the deal and was the deal breaker for the 1st rounder, then MAG had to be coming back in the Hodgson trade and they had their eye on him for over a year and now we just let them both go.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, we need new pro scouts, they've been horrible at assessing pro talent over the last 2 years. Ballard, Oreo & Gragnani all supposed to help us now and havent. On top of that there's Kassian who they felt could help us NOW, Kassian is definitely a player to help us in the future but not right now.

#134 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

Kassian will be a key contributer in the future so I don't think it was a bad trade. MAG wanted a roster spot and we can not afford to keep a guy who still can not perform consistantly on the roster when we have Tanev ready to slot back in the line-up. OERO never wanted to fight or hit and thought he had play making abilities like Wayne Gretzky. Duco would be the only guy I would keep but this guy does not have the speed to play in the NHL. I would say good move by Gillis overall.
Posted Image

#135 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Glad to see roster spots open up

наилучшими пожеланиями,

Матушка Россия

#136 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Would have liked to see Duco for sure, but MAG not being qualified is stupid IMO as well.
Posted Image

#137 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

I believe Schroeder is going to replace Ebbett
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#138 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,582 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

MAG had top-4 potential but is basically a smarter, better offensive version of Parent.
Duco should have stuck, his game is built for the playoffs and his fiestiness is something our forwards lack. Size probably hurt him here when it really shouldn't of.
Ebbett is a great 5th depth centerman but again, size is clearly an issue and MG is looking for bigger, better options (probably eyeing Gaustad).

Oreo, Rome and Parent should have been kicked out of this organization a long time ago.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.