The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chances the "Russian Rocket" gets selected this year into the HHOF = 100%

Zach Morris

Every time he touched the puck the electricity in the building would rise in anticipation . Or even just watching at home on TV you sat on the edge of your seat because something was going to happen. No other Canuck has ever had the same effect.

Sometimes when the WCE were on the ice and now with the Sedins I almost get the same feeling but nothing like Bure. Simply the best to wear the jersey.

Congratulations Pavel - you're probably the most exciting player to ever wear a Canucks jersey - you played with enthusiasm and heart - your induction into the Hall of Fame is the appropriate tribute to your career. Thanks. Wish you had a 20 year old...

What great news this is for our franchise and for Pavel!

Bure was the most exciting player the Canucks have ever had playing for them, bar none. It is a shame that he left the way he did, or his number would be in the rafters already.

Pavel came into the league when I was 11 and is basically solely responsible for making me the insane hockey fanatic that I am today. I knew next to nothing about hockey before that (I grew up with Britsih parents and was more into soccer and rugby at the time). To this day, no hockey player has given me the same excitement that Bure did.

I hope the Canucks do the right thing and retire his number. It has been long enough, the wounds have healed.....

Pleased to see Bure finally inducted into the HHOF, now it puts the pressure on the Canucks organization to do something similar. And something tells me that a simple 'ring of honor' won't cut it anymore.

Also, it's nice to see former Canuck Mats Sundin go in as well. I've always been thankful he chose to come and join our team, albeit for a short stint.

The goal against NJ which starts at about 2:58 is my personal favourite. I love that he beats Scott Niedermayer, Scott Stevens, Claude Lemieux, and Chris Tererri all, on the same play. I was at that game, as well as the pre-season game against Boston where he went skate to stick, not to mention the series clinching goal against Dallas in 94 where he beats Moog on the breakaway. Like I said above, Bure is responsible for some of the greatest moments and highlight reel goals in Canucks history and for me personally... what a player

Did you just sign in or what? :picard:

Read this thread, read the other thread but perhaps take a look around before posting? Oh that's right, you posted in that other thread.

Not to mention this news is top headline on the Canucks homepage.

You said.......

The media release had been made before you ever posted the above. AND, you'd posted in the thread in which it was posted. In other words, your quoted post above certainly gives the appearance that you're just trying to stir up crap......

There. Was. No. Snub. :picard:

Speaking of growing up....might want to take your own advice.

It is a weak press release and he is lumped in with Mats Sundin and it is not even the top story. It IS a snub. That is my opinion. You don't like it. Tough luck cookie. I'm not the only one that shares that point of view.

Archived