The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

I know this is typical of a Canucks fan but now that Luongo basically has one foot out the door, I'm starting to freak out a bit. Watching some of these tribute videos that people have put together makes me realize how much he's been through with this Canucks organization. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. Hard to picture him tending goal anywhere but here.

For those wondering if strombone1 is Luongo, Jeff Paterson tweeted this out:

"Gillis asked to confirm that @strombone1 is Luongo. GM said he could not confirm that, but said Luongo is witty"

Take it for what you will.

That being said, great deal for Schneider. He worked his tail off for it and will prove, in the long run, that he is worth every penny. As for Luongo, I'm not sure what to think. Is the era over, will Gillis make something happen? Who knows. But, in his time here, he was most definitely a helluva goaltender and however which way it goes, I'm glad he was a Canuck.

Initial thoughts, good timing and contract by Gillis.

Was concerned he get a long term contract and there's always a possibility he can't live up to it (you never know). 3 yrs will give him time to prove himself as starter, then get paid if he's earned it. $4M is good cap hit considering they've bought 2 yrs of UFA & compared to Rasks $3.5M and no UFA yrs bought out.

No offer sheets for the suckas who thought about it :) (Heres lookin' at u Burke)

Looks like this is an end to the Luongo era with all the speculation that surrounds him being traded. I'm seriously going to miss you Lou, great goalie and an even greater guy.

Here's to new beginnings and let's treat Schneider the way Luongo should've been treated during his whole tenure with the Canucks. We have a real star goal-tender with us now and it's time we treat him with respect and learn our lesson from last time.

I was hoping the term would be a bit longer, but at least we can let Schneider test the waters without being tied down to him.

personally...i'd rather have luongo

reason is because i think the canucks play better in front of schneider because he doesn't have as much experience in big games..

as long as the canucks play well in front of luongo i think the team would be better...

you people may get mad at me for saying this but this is my opinion.. :)

I know this is typical of a Canucks fan but now that Luongo basically has one foot out the door, I'm starting to freak out a bit. Watching some of these tribute videos that people have put together makes me realize how much he's been through with this Canucks organization. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. Hard to picture him tending goal anywhere but here.

Archived