The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your favourite apps?

Cpt.Clutch

A place to share your favourite apps!

I just got an iPhone and want suggestions for "must have" apps. So, what apps do you use a lot or find useful or fun?

Share any type, from games to utilities to themes to ringtones. Share them all! Maybe specify too if the app is for Android or iPhone/iPad.

Find My iPhone - it won't help you if you don't have your data turned on or are connected to wifi but I turn mine on when I leave the house incase I leave it behind somewhere.. you can lock your phone, send messages & make a sound play if you've lost your phone. It'll also show you the location of your phone on a map.

Emoji

Rogers 1 contacts (for Rogers One Number) - allows you to update contacts so you can send/recieve texts & phone calls to your laptop

AroundMe - locate the closest restaurants, gas stations, hospitals, hotels, theatres, etc

The Province

SoundHound (waaay better than Shazam b/c it's unlimited) - allow a song to play and the app will let you know which song it is.. you can also hum/sing it yourself

TD - lets me check my balance, see where I spent my money, when and how much as soon as the transaction takes place

iTorch4 (flashlight)

Starbucks - I can scan my card instead of carrying it around w/ me & reload it.. also lets me access the menu, create my favourite drinks, check which locations are open (you can see which stores have wifi available, oven warmed food, or if it's a drive-thru), see how many stars you've received and if any jobs are available

Global Video - allows you to catch up on some tv shows (I use it for Rookie Blue)

Netflix

Word Warp - basically like text twist.. you've gotta create words out of the 6 letters provided

Missing Word - pop culture fill in the blank game

Bell Media - listen to the team1040

THN - keeps me updated w/ the latest The Hockey News articles & blogs

TSN Mobile

ESPN ScoreCenter

ScoreMobile

Twitter

WeHeartPics - interesting way to post pictures.. you basically tell your life story w/ the pictures you take

Instagram

Temple Run for the guys who wanna borrow my phone

OvenBreak, Angry Birds for my nieces

IPhone

8 tracks

Tunein radio

Poynt

Kijiji

Skyview

Weird facts

Ski report

Google translate

Crackle

Reflagdeals

Cineplex

Are you smarter then a 5th grader

Cardiograph

Vevo

Weather network

Voicemod

Whereamiat?

Mapmyrun

Songify

Vocabology

Living earth-not free

Ski tracks-not free

Sleep cycle- not free

• 4 weeks later...

Jailbreak your iPhone and install Cydia. Opens up a whole new world. It's awesome.

I did it to install the iBlacklist app. It's the only way on iPhone you can block unwanted calls and text msgs. Fido lets you block texts thru their account but not calls. Damn telemarketers are annoying as haemorrhoids. iBlacklist is a $12.00 App but worth the price. If you dare to do so it can be had for free. Google is your friend.

With Cydia you get access to some of the best apps made for your iPhone but not available thru Apple App Store.

Jailbreak your iPhone and install Cydia. Opens up a whole new world. It's awesome.

I did it to install the iBlacklist app. It's the only way on iPhone you can block unwanted calls and text msgs. Fido lets you block texts thru their account but not calls. Damn telemarketers are annoying as haemorrhoids. iBlacklist is a $12.00 App but worth the price. If you dare to do so it can be had for free. Google is your friend.

With Cydia you get access to some of the best apps made for your iPhone but not available thru Apple App Store.

Mixology - Great for drink recipes

Paper Toss - It's an addictive game

TSN

Interactive Brokers - For when you need to dump some S&P futures in a hurry

Soduko - a game that actually won't rot your brain

Tuned in Radio

WSOP - Poker

Angry Birds - It's like crack cocaine

Big Oven - all the recipes you'll ever need

Google translate - you can speak into this and it translates what you said into a foreign language

Archived