The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

The kid is going to get booed in every building he plays in

Wayyyy too much of a diva for someone who hasn't played a single NHL game yet.

Not a big loss for us to not get him IMO

To be fair, it was the Media and fans who built up all the drama, he was just trying to decide, much like Richards did last year, there's just many more teams who are interested and able to get him, so the drama is more built up. that's why it seems like it.

James Duthie summed it up perfectly:

james duthie@tsnjamesduthie

Too many negative tweets on Schultz. He has handled this like any highly sought after UFA would. We (Twitter,media) created the drama.

And I think it's a pretty big loss, scouts say that is already better than Jake Gardiner, he's really a dynamic offensive player, his offensive style reminds me of Drew Doughty.

Just my opinion's though, your is respected.

Meanwhile at Gary Robert's secret training camp word has leaked out that Chris Tanev's slapper is now being clocked at 96 mph and accelerating! :shock:

I hope where ever Schultz goes that things work out for him. I thought Van was a good fit for him. If the problem was ice time then I can agree with the Canucks not BSing by saying what he wanted to hear. Signing Schultz as the 2nd right side dman would have been a gamble for a serious CUP contender. If he had signed I still thought a Bryan Allen made sense. What will really hurt is if this kid's projections are accurate and he becomes a Norris quality dman. I guess they can pitch him again in 2 years.

some of you fans are tools blaming Gillis, y because he didn't offer a kid who hasn't played one game in the NHL 25 mins a game...please you fans have zero reasoning...am happy he didn't come here he sounds like a pre Madonna already and i won't want that in our dressing room...whereever he signs they will talk highly of him but we don't need players like that in our dressing room there are plenty of good proven nhl defenceman available in the FA pool we can get.

You sort of have to expect it when the oilers brought out the big guns (Gretzky and Coffey) and Gillis didn't promise ice time. He should have at least lied to to Schultz by promising him ice time with Edler. Oh well, lets hope he's a bust.

Archived