The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Doan Will Not Sign Anywhere Until Atleast July 8th

Let me give you 100 Million reasons the Yotes may not play in Phx next year....

40+ Million in losses

60 Million relocation fees

If the taxpayers revolt on the sweetheart deal Glendale offered the Jamieson group then relocation has to be a possibility.

Are the Owners really going to foot the entire bill the Yotes will rack up?

Possibly the NHL can add the upcoming losses to any purchase deal who knows.

I really have a hard time believing the taxpayers of Glendale will approve a 2.9% sales tax hike.

Bettman has supported exploring every avenue to keep the team in Phoenix. Now, lets see who wants to fund the losses <_< :

-ownership?... fail. See Moyes bankruptcy

-City of Glendale?...fail. Ultimately the city gets its funds from taxpayers.

-Taxpayers?...fail. I think the petition will succeed and tax increases put to referendum and shot down this fall.

-Fans..and increasing revenue?.. fail. They finished last in the league in attendance at 12k average. http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

The team will get moved. It is just painful to watch all of this unfold. There is nothing to fight over. Clearly the team needs to get moved.

Today was never the day

Original news was the petition was to be handed in by the 9th, another challenge is out there claiming the petition has until the 16th.

Either way those are the hand in dates, after that the petition will be scrutinized to see if all the signatures are valid.

If the petition is accepted the vote is in November.

So I'm sure Doan's decision won't happen until it is clear if the petition made it to ballot, that could be as long as the end of the month!

Today was never the day

Original news was the petition was to be handed in by the 9th, another challenge is out there claiming the petition has until the 16th.

Either way those are the hand in dates, after that the petition will be scrutinized to see if all the signatures are valid.

If the petition is accepted the vote is in November.

So I'm sure Doan's decision won't happen until it is clear if the petition made it to ballot, that could be as long as the end of the month!

SJ is on the decline and Dallas missed the playoffs.

It's LA or Phx out of those 2. and people are being optimistic around here and using it for discussion. Perhaps you should try. And not sure how you think PHX is set to win again this season.

Let me give you 100 Million reasons the Yotes may not play in Phx next year....

40+ Million in losses

60 Million relocation fees

If the taxpayers revolt on the sweetheart deal Glendale offered the Jamieson group then relocation has to be a possibility.

Are the Owners really going to foot the entire bill the Yotes will rack up?

Possibly the NHL can add the upcoming losses to any purchase deal who knows.

I really have a hard time believing the taxpayers of Glendale will approve a 2.9% sales tax hike.

Archived