Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Eklund] Canucks preparing for Rick Nash

Rumour

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
172 replies to this topic

#151 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Please read the rumour in the context of dominoes falling...The Canucks want the Nash domino to fall so they can move Luongo.
Posted Image

#152 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,399 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Funny Nobody want's to go to Toronto, why would Lu. The greatest Canadian Basketball player of all time would rather play in the west coast American team than sign with Stinky TO. LOL

Florida or TB that's my guess.

how's that center of the universe thing working out for you Torontoejam?

#153 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,399 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Please read the rumour in the context of dominoes falling...The Canucks want the Nash domino to fall so they can move Luongo.

Um, heard that a couple times now - not makey much sense - what does Nash have to do with Luongo move? One forward, one goalie, no potential destination teams overlapping? Please help understand.

#154 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Um, heard that a couple times now - not makey much sense - what does Nash have to do with Luongo move? One forward, one goalie, no potential destination teams overlapping? Please help understand.

The connection is... very loose. In common, they're both star players on hefty contracts. Nash's contract has a much bigger cap hit, but Lu's has that monster term. Both are star players. GM's of both teams are asking for significant return. CBJ may also be looking for goaltending coming back - Lu wouldn't waive to go play in CBJ, but perhaps a Nash trade opens up another potential destination for LU.

Aside from GM's holding on to their assets to see if they can be used to acquire Nash, I don't see a lot of connections between the two.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#155 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Eklund must love CDC.

#156 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,399 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

Eklund must love CDC.

yeah it's a goldmine of ideas to repeat, good and bad...

#157 Renelsisc

Renelsisc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

to VAN:
Nash
Bjustad

to CBJ:
Vancouver 1st
Vancouver 2nd
Florida 1st
Schroeder
Raymond
Tanev

to FLA:
Luongo
Dorsett

Sedins - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Nash
Higgins - Manny - Hansen
Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

#158 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

After the Parise/Suter move by MInny, I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if MG were working on something for Nash.

#159 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

to VAN:
Nash
Bjustad

to CBJ:
Vancouver 1st
Vancouver 2nd
Florida 1st
Schroeder
Raymond
Tanev

to FLA:
Luongo
Dorsett

Sedins - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Nash
Higgins - Manny - Hansen

Columbus would never do that deal.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#160 Pasific Coluseum

Pasific Coluseum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

to VAN:
Nash
Bjustad

to CBJ:
Vancouver 1st
Vancouver 2nd
Florida 1st
Schroeder
Raymond
Tanev

to FLA:
Luongo
Dorsett

Sedins - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Nash
Higgins - Manny - Hansen

Oh look, another retarded proposal that the Canucks end up fleecing CBJ & Florida. Give your head a shake. Yeah we all want to win deals but there's not a chance in hell this deal ever comes to fruition because its plain lunacy.
Not to mention Rick Nash will never come to Vancouver because he has a list of teams and the Canucks are not on that list!

#161 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Oh look, another retarded proposal that the Canucks end up fleecing CBJ & Florida. Give your head a shake. Yeah we all want to win deals but there's not a chance in hell this deal ever comes to fruition because its plain lunacy.
Not to mention Rick Nash will never come to Vancouver because he has a list of teams and the Canucks are not on that list!

It never ceases to amaze me, how the trade "ideas" on this site, ALWAYS have the Canucks absolutely fleecing the other teams.
But hey at least this time its Tanev, Ballard is usually the throw in with Raymond.

Cause we all know the other 29 teams in the league are dying to get Raymond, and their mouths water at taking on Ballards contract.

And to the people who think Luongo will waive to play for a horrible team, that considering the division they are in, has no chance to make the playoffs for awhile............Sure.....sure...

#162 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

VANCOUVER

Gives:
Kesler
Luongo
Schroeder
Raymond (RFA)
1st (2013)

Gets:
Nash
Johansen
Theodore

FLORIDA

Gives:
Weiss
Theodore
1st (2013)

Gets:
Luongo
Raymond (RFA)

COLUMBUS

Gives:
Nash
Johansen

Gets:

Kesler
Weiss
Schroeder
1st (Florida 2013)
1st (Vancouver 2013)

This might appear to thin us down the middle, but with Gaunce nearly NHL ready and Lappy still young-ish and Johansen centering the 2nd line we have enough depth for now + the future.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)
Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Jose Theodore ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,190,000; BONUSES: $1,075,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $10,000

Canucks can then try and swing a trade & sign for Weber, something along the lines of Edler + Ballard + Rodin for Weber, with that 7.45 Million in cap space opens up. Take into account Manny coming off the books next season, a moderate raise for Burrows (3 to 3.25) Doan coming off the books in either 1 or 2 years (depending on term) we have enough room to re-sign Johansen once ELC is up and still have room for depth acquisitions.

By this time, Jensen and Gaunce should be NHL regulars and Kassian developing at a nice pace, also Theodore would be off the books next season and Lack up.

Edited by Shadowgoon, 07 July 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#163 Ryan Strome

Ryan Strome

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

He's had a couple rumours that turned out to be true...
People give him a hard time, most of his rumours are this team is interested in this player, so if the Canucks are interested in Nash it could be a matter of us inquiring what it could take, seeing if the assets lost = assets gained.
So the rumour could be true but nothing may happen.

I'm sure 29 teams have asked about the asking price. Ek is a joke, pure speculation but cdc makes him rich, well done.

#164 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Um, heard that a couple times now - not makey much sense - what does Nash have to do with Luongo move?

My God, I can't believe I have to explain this...

If you're a GM, you go after the biggest names first (you don't try and fill your team with the second best players, you want the best). That's why everything stood still until Parise and Suter were signed. Teams don't want to make a lesser signing until the big fish are gone.

Luongo isn't anywhere near the biggest fish this off-season. In fact, he's not even in the top three. So, his deal won't get done until all three of those players are signed (and only two have been so far).

Even though Nash isn't a goalie - he IS a better player than Luongo. And, even though the teams that want Lu probably have no interest in Nash, they probably won't do anything until Nash is gone first (or they are out of the bidding).
Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:41 PM by BloodyCanuckleheads

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#165 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Wow 6 pages? Yup the Canucks are getting ready for Nash! Come one people get real. How could this even be considered.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#166 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Wow 6 pages? Yup the Canucks are getting ready for Nash! Come one people get real. How could this even be considered.

Spot on...
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#167 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,399 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

If you're a GM, you go after the biggest names first (you don't try and fill your team with the second best players, you want the best). That's why everything stood still until Parise and Suter were signed. Teams don't want to make a lesser signing until the big fish are gone.

Luongo isn't anywhere near the biggest fish this off-season. In fact, he's not even in the top three. So, his deal won't get done until all three of those players are signed (and only two have been so far).

Even though Nash isn't a goalie - he IS a better player than Luongo. And, even though the teams that want Lu probably have no interest in Nash, they probably won't do anything until Nash is gone first (or they are out of the bidding).

uh, thanks for that. very convincing...

that would explain why the Canucks signed Garrison first? which then allowed Suter to find a home...?

A Luongo "deal won't get done until all three of those players are signed"? Nash is not a UFA - he's signed, at 7.8 million until 2018 - he, like Luongo, is on the trade block, and their respective deals have very little to do with each other unless they were to wind up being dealt for each other, which is exceedingly unliikely.

if you are going to go the patronizing route (as in "My God, I can't believe I have to explain this"") you'll have to do better than talking out of your hat.

and I agree Special Ed - it would be surprising how much mileage this uninspired thread has gotten, were it not for the abundance of want-to-be-lievers...

Edited by oldnews, 07 July 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#168 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

In all fairness, we don't know all the teams interested in either player. There could very well be teams that would like to upgrade at forward and goalie positions, and might move on one of the big names then take a lesser player to help shore up the other position. The other factor being, if Nash gets moved for big return, MG will feel validated in his asking price for Luongo, but if Nash ends up moved for a fair bit less than Howson was trying for, MG will have to look at that reality in his dealing as well. Any big deal for a star of any position does influence the market for others.

I just really want the freaking dominoes to fall, in whatever order...

#169 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,399 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

The connection is... very loose. In common, they're both star players on hefty contracts. Nash's contract has a much bigger cap hit, but Lu's has that monster term. Both are star players. GM's of both teams are asking for significant return. CBJ may also be looking for goaltending coming back - Lu wouldn't waive to go play in CBJ, but perhaps a Nash trade opens up another potential destination for LU.

Aside from GM's holding on to their assets to see if they can be used to acquire Nash, I don't see a lot of connections between the two.

i agree - there are some pretty weak links trying to piece that logic together - by that 'reasoning' we can expect that Nash will have to sit and wait in Columbus until everyone sees what happens with Shea Weber, and then Shane Doan won't be signed until Nash is dealt. Things simply don't work that way - there are a lot of different teams and interests in play. I think people are wrongly trying to extrapolate the logic that the Parise deal was holding up the Nash deal - which had slightly more sense to it.

#170 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,581 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

VANCOUVER

Gives:
Kesler
Luongo
Schroeder
Raymond (RFA)
1st (2013)

Gets:
Nash
Johansen
Theodore

FLORIDA

Gives:
Weiss
Theodore
1st (2013)

Gets:
Luongo
Raymond (RFA)

COLUMBUS

Gives:
Nash
Johansen

Gets:

Kesler
Weiss
Schroeder
1st (Florida 2013)
1st (Vancouver 2013)

This might appear to thin us down the middle, but with Gaunce nearly NHL ready and Lappy still young-ish and Johansen centering the 2nd line we have enough depth for now + the future.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Johansen ($1.945m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)
Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Jose Theodore ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,190,000; BONUSES: $1,075,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $10,000

Canucks can then try and swing a trade & sign for Weber, something along the lines of Edler + Ballard + Rodin for Weber, with that 7.45 Million in cap space opens up. Take into account Manny coming off the books next season, a moderate raise for Burrows (3 to 3.25) Doan coming off the books in either 1 or 2 years (depending on term) we have enough room to re-sign Johansen once ELC is up and still have room for depth acquisitions.

By this time, Jensen and Gaunce should be NHL regulars and Kassian developing at a nice pace, also Theodore would be off the books next season and Lack up.

Florida and Columbus laugh at the deal and hang up the phone.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#171 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,727 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

It never ceases to amaze me, how the trade "ideas" on this site, ALWAYS have the Canucks absolutely fleecing the other teams.
But hey at least this time its Tanev, Ballard is usually the throw in with Raymond.

Cause we all know the other 29 teams in the league are dying to get Raymond, and their mouths water at taking on Ballards contract.

And to the people who think Luongo will waive to play for a horrible team, that considering the division they are in, has no chance to make the playoffs for awhile............Sure.....sure...

Although I agree with you about the far fetched proposals... If someone would have mentioned a Booth for Sturm and Samuelsson deal at the start of the year....they probably would have been crucified and a laughing stock.

#172 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

#173 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

That's why we signed Garrison first right? And what do you mean "until all three of those players are signed"? Nash is under contract.

Luongo is the biggest fish when it comes to goalies available this off-season. Nash has nothing to do with discussions and negotiations wth Gillis and other teams
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.