The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canucks preparing for Rick Nash

I think he would rather be the backup. It's not like this would be a short term decision, he would be in Columbus for the next 10 years.

10 years in Columbus? Or 1 year in Vancouver as a backup with the potential to be traded next offseason?

I think he would rather be the backup. It's not like this would be a short term decision, he would be in Columbus for the next 10 years.

10 years in Columbus? Or 1 year in Vancouver as a backup with the potential to be traded next offseason?

Not out of hand at all. I think we simply disagreed. I could be wrong.

Ummmm, so . . . you think there's a snowball's chance in hell Nash comes to Van? What about his favorite sandwich? He seems like a roast beef and cheddar on white bread with no condiments kind of guy. What's your best guess?

I'd say there's absolutely no chance of Nash landing in Vancouver - that's what I think, and that's what I'm hoping - I'm banking on Gillis' comment when he was asked when the welcoming parade will be..."2018."

I think you're pretty bang-on regarding the Nashwich - definitely the white bread part.

Keep Lou add Nash minus Schneider

Keep Schneider, no Nash still with goalie conundrum.

Which option gives us a better chance at the cup? Can you imagine someone trying to take a run at the Sedins with Nash on the right wing. It's a no brainer.

Archived