Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We Broke The Cup

3 year old eats grandmas "pot cookies"

Recommended Posts

Grandma's pot cookies land 3-year-old Southern California boy in hospital

by Associated Press

KREM.com

Posted on July 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Updated today at 11:17 AM

(AP) MURRIETA, Calif. - Police say a 3-year-old Southern California boy ended up in the hospital after eating his grandmother's marijuana-laced cookies.

Murietta police Sgt. Phil Gomez told the Riverside Press-Enterprise Monday that the grandmother, a cancer patient, had a doctor's recommendation to use marijuana to ease her pain.

Gomez says she had baked a batch of drug-laced cookies and stored them in a garage refrigerator.

The toddler's father had seen cookie crumbs in the garage but the family grew concerned only when they couldn't wake the toddler after more than 16 hours of sleep and realized he had consumed the cookies.

The child was observed at a hospital and released.

Investigators are awaiting toxicology tests. If marijuana is found in the child's system, family members could face child endangerment charges.

Not very smart putting them in a fridge accessible to a 3 year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grandma's pot cookies land 3-year-old Southern California boy in hospital

by Associated Press

KREM.com

Posted on July 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Updated today at 11:17 AM

(AP) MURRIETA, Calif. - Police say a 3-year-old Southern California boy ended up in the hospital after eating his grandmother's marijuana-laced cookies.

Murietta police Sgt. Phil Gomez told the Riverside Press-Enterprise Monday that the grandmother, a cancer patient, had a doctor's recommendation to use marijuana to ease her pain.

Gomez says she had baked a batch of drug-laced cookies and stored them in a garage refrigerator.

The toddler's father had seen cookie crumbs in the garage but the family grew concerned only when they couldn't wake the toddler after more than 16 hours of sleep and realized he had consumed the cookies.

The child was observed at a hospital and released.

Investigators are awaiting toxicology tests. If marijuana is found in the child's system, family members could face child endangerment charges.

Not very smart putting them in a fridge accessible to a 3 year old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor boy. I feel bad for the family too. I get that they should have been aware that the kid could have gotten to them but it wasn't done on purpose. That is exactly why we had all of our cupboards and even our fridge doors locked up when my younger sister was around the same age.... also because she loved to play with flour -.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If maruijuana really is a gateway drug that kid is screwed. He'll be hitting the hard stuff by age 5!

Very irresponsible to leave them where he could find them. Maybe they assumed he'd never go into the garage fridge but one thing I've learned being a pee wee hockey coach: never underestimate the wit of a kid :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to just laugh at this. It helps that the kid was fine obviously.

I can just imagine the vicious cycle of the kid eating pot cookies, getting the munchies, and wanting more cookies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor boy. I feel bad for the family too. I get that they should have been aware that the kid could have gotten to them but it wasn't done on purpose. That is exactly why we had all of our cupboards and even our fridge doors locked up when my younger sister was around the same age.... also because she loved to play with flour -.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pleasantly surprised to see "pot cookies" at the end of the title.

Still a sad story though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL good thing those things don't really have negative health effects but it probably gave the kid a bad trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New meaning to high chair

Edit: Dammit, someone already took high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunately you cannot have a fatal overdose on marijuana so the kid wasn't in any extreme danger. But may have gotten extremely sick etc from a non-fatal overdose which is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to cookies and candy kids will find it. We had to keep our house "locked up" as well. Our son liked to throw things in the toilet, so it had a latch on it too, I hated that thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good thing marijuana is such a safe medication, anything stronger could have done some serious damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.