The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you guys think we go hard after Weber now?

Italia2006

There's more than just hope. You really think that Weber wouldn't want to extend with his home province's club that's clear objective is to win the Stanley Cup?

If it were purely a money issue he'd already be locked up in Nashville for life.

I have no idea what Weber wants. But then neither do you. You're simply making the usual cdc assumption. Just like Sakic, Kariya and Neids all wanted to come home. You have no idea that Weber even wants to play in Canada, let alone Vancouver.

I have no idea what Weber wants. But then neither do you. You're simply making the usual cdc assumption. Just like Sakic, Kariya and Neids all wanted to come home. You have no idea that Weber even wants to play in Canada, let alone Vancouver.

I think we go after him now. Shultz wanted to play here, and look how that turned out. If we wait till free agency, other teams will vastly overpay for him and influence him to sway his decision in some manner. I think he wants to play here cause I'm pretty sure his family is in BC.

CDC never knows what a fair cap hit is. To be fair, we're rather spoiled as we've seen a lot of discounted contracts around here. 8m seems likely, and would be considered a discount off of what he could fetch in a bidding war.

Wow strong words considering your proposal being mocked by a few people LOL...from what i recall, you dont manage a team either ..whats your point? I'd like to see you try telling me to shut up tough guy..or you still not done crying because your precious Azzuri got their "Azzes" kicked and embaressed by Spain.

I think Weber comes next year in all honesty. It's pretty obvious he has a team or teams in mind not including the predators. If the Preds were going to keep him he would of signed a long term deal last year. My prediction is he signs another 1 year deal with the preds, or someone offer sheets him , preds match and then he comes home next year. :towel:

Talk to Nashville and suggest that we'll give them Edler plus a prospect and two first's along with a second. The Canucks will not be picking picking in the top end of the draft for atleast two more season's so it's not much of a loss losing those picks. Edler is less of a downgrade then most D-men Nashville might receive in a trade for Weber. Throw in the second and a prospect and that makes it a five part deal for Nashville. Other then Philly with all those young assets, I don't see many teams offering much better in a trade then this. I really really hope Gillis is trying to pry Weber out of Nashville.

Archived