The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

Oh man, you just won't budge on this Garrison thing. Wade Redden also had a good season once. Where is he now? There is a reason Klesla has been in the NHL for a decade now. Until Garrison puts together a string of good season's, Klesla is the better d-man. But hey, agree to disagree I guess.

How about we lay this argument to rest?

Our defense group is better than Phoenix, but theirs played better this year during the playoffs overall by a large margin.

I would've taken any Coyote defenseman over Edler..

Phoenix had the 3rd most shots against per game out of every team in the NHL last season, their defence can't be that great if they let through THAT many shots. Mike Smith is a top 3 goalie in the NHL imo so they didn't pay for it nearly as bad as they should have.

Just my 2 cents.

The referendum was shot down - so all that is left is for the NHL and the potential owner to settle other details. The Yotes are staying and it looks like the ownership issue is getting done.

So you can expect Doan in one of two places the yotes cause of the history or a team that offers him a sick contract like the Canes. You can rule out us cause we are not going to throw silly money at him nor length. He would be a great addition for sure.

Coyotes defense is so overrated. The only reason they seem any good, its because tippet has them playing the trap and Mike Smith has been playing like Hasek. If it wasn't because of those two, the coyotes probably wouldn't even make the playoffs. You saying that there defense is better than our D-core is a freaking joke. Who do they have? OEL and Yandle? All their other D is pretty average.

Then why aren't the Coyotes the ones hoisting the cup with their D-core?

Let me guess. Because the couldn't score. This might come off as news to you but, neither could we.

By the way, and I'm sure others have said this already, but stats goes beyond G A Pts, especially when you talk about defencemen.

Its true...I'm still shocked at all the "Webber" threads when our biggest problem at the end of the regular season and through the playoffs was we couldnt score. Our number one concern should be big goal scoring powerforward....reguardless of cost. Do fans want to save money and lose....or spend and win? Given what Parise got and what Doan has been offered....Nash at 7.8 for six of his prime years actually looks like a steal.

Its true...I'm still shocked at all the "Webber" threads when our biggest problem at the end of the regular season and through the playoffs was we couldnt score. Our number one concern should be big goal scoring powerforward....reguardless of cost. Do fans want to save money and lose....or spend and win? Given what Parise got and what Doan has been offered....Nash at 7.8 for six of his prime years actually looks like a steal.

I personally believe that Doan is that big body that we need. We've said it since we where booted out of the playoffs last year, that we're too small. Doan gives us size goals and most importantly a true Canadian leader.

In my opinion this is the biggest signing in Mike Gillis's history.

I personally believe that Doan is that big body that we need. We've said it since we where booted out of the playoffs last year, that we're too small. Doan gives us size goals and most importantly a true Canadian leader.

In my opinion this is the biggest signing in Mike Gillis's history.

Just going to throw this out here for pure speculation...

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

On Doan: what I am hearing is he is NOT happy how negotiations are ongoing in Phoenix and is very likely to consider other offers#Coyotes

EDIT: Just going to point out that this guy earlier this morning announced the Grigorenko signing 11 minutes before anyone else.

Just going to throw this out here for pure speculation...

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

On Doan: what I am hearing is he is NOT happy how negotiations are ongoing in Phoenix and is very likely to consider other offers#Coyotes

EDIT: Just going to point out that this guy earlier this morning announced the Grigorenko signing 11 minutes before anyone else.

Mentor for Kassian really. He's a leader and someone Kassian could definitely look up to. I would love to see Shane here

With Kesler out..

Sedin Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Schroeder - Doan

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Raymond - Malholtra - Hansen

Sweet Jesus. Schroeder would excel with that much room on the ice.

Archived