The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Well, if the rumours are true, the teams that Doan would sign with are the Penguins, Rangers, Canucks, and Coyotes... I'm sure that every one of those teams are contenders. I think that the fact that he has family in BC will help his decision a bit.

At the same time, he'd fight perfectly in Pittsburgh along with two already superstars.

At the same time, who wouldn't want to play in the Big Apple?

At the same time, why would he leave the franchise he's played for his entire career?

So, the balls are in his court - tough decision.

I never claimed to have any philosophical stone. I made it quite clear from the begining that it was MY OPINION that his real value IN MY OPINION is closer to $5m. I also stated that IN MY OPINION I'd be OK with overpaying on that amount from between $500k and $1.5m, dependant on term, to aquire his services given the current market/supply and demand/our teams needs.

If you think that somehow equates to me making fanciful claims of fact, or your idiotic and mystical "value formula/device", then I think you need to:

A ) Work on your reading comprehension.

B ) Realize you're on a discussion board where people will *gasp* express their OPINIONS.

If someone offers you a job on the Alberta oil sands for $100k/year with tough working conditions, a crappy company, lower quality work mates, long cold winters and you have a wife and family... Are you going to take that over a $85k/year job in beautiful Vancouver for a better company, with more benefits, better coworkers, the office has a gym and spa, has more opportunity to advance and is a better environment for your wife and kids...?

"Jupiter, you are angry, therefore you are wrong" ©

If you're going low for personal attacks, it means you're on a shaky ground. Try to find your balance and relax ...

And, BTW, NUMBERS cannot stand OPINIONS. They require calculations or estimation based on models.

I can understand when people on discussion board express their opinion about which player fits where. But salary! It looks so funny.

Archived