Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

AV needs to let him play

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

#31 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yep, coho did a lot of damage with the Sabres didn't he

:bigblush:

Yes he did.....defensively :)

#32 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I am fairly certain AV will be giving Zach as much as he can handle.
Posted Image

#33 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,848 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Hope so.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#34 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Exactly, he's not going to stick him on the 4th line if he performs well at training camp.
Posted Image

#35 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Although, if we do sign Doan, and depending what we get back from the Luongo deal (If it happens), he may have to spend most of the year in the minors.

Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Raymond - Malhotra - Weise

Not much room available
Posted Image

#36 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Kassian has the potential to be Doan v.2 - I hope AV sees this and uses him effectively.

I'm pretty sure, if Gillis thought otherwise he wouldn't have traded Hodgson for him.
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#37 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Not sure what kassian did to get the crazy respect you all show for him. but if you are willing to bend over that easy for someone that has accomplished nothing in the nhl it will be easy for MG to pull the wool over your eyes for years to come.

are you kidding this is cdc... hec they had coho's spot in the hall of fame picked out before he had even played a game..he was just drafted and sent down and it was av fault and never gave him enough time.. bla bla bla...i am surprised there are no "garrison is the next webber" threads as long as av plays him right...

cdc members are so fickle.. they love players for nothing, and hate players for nothing...go figure..

Edited by vwnuck, 28 July 2012 - 10:42 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

What you said still doesn't change the fact that you are praising a kid for no good reason at all, he is not the next coming of jesus so please dont treat him as such.

Oh, I guess that training hard in the offseason and trying to gain some muscle is not a good thing to be doing....I mean, as fans we ought to hope for all our players to follow P. Kane's example and party all summer long or go the Couture root and Google up some NSFW stuff... :bigblush:

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif

CDC Puck - Pittsburgh Penguins

#39 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

are you kidding this is cdc... hec they had coho spot in the hall of fame before he had even played a game..he was just draft and sent down and it was av fault and never gave him enough time.. bla bla bla...i am surprised there are no "garrison is the next webber" threads as long as av plays him right...

cdc members are so fickle.. they love players for nothing and hate players for nothing...go figure..

I really think cdc is a bunch of people bored out of their mind looking to argue over the smallest things to boost their little e-peens.

#40 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,945 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Meh. He'll play if he earns it.

suffer.gif

#41 Kerry Park Islanders

Kerry Park Islanders

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

It's horrible how AV doesn't expose his young players. He should throw them all right into the fire, and kill their confidence. Then all the prophesizing about how they underachieve will come true.

#42 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

It's horrible how AV doesn't expose his young players. He should throw them all right into the fire, and kill their confidence. Then all the prophesizing about how they underachieve will come true.

With cdc, they're already IN the fire...

#43 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

How often have you heard MG say that with the canucks, ice time is earned- a lot! So no promises, no 'investment', perform and you play. If he needs development, and god knows he does, it will have to be in Chicago.

#44 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

In conclusion, we need to fire AV

#45 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Although, if we do sign Doan, and depending what we get back from the Luongo deal (If it happens), he may have to spend most of the year in the minors.

Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Raymond - Malhotra - Weise

Not much room available

Even if Doan comes , unless Raymond seriously raises his game, kassian could be a much better and more effective choice for the 4th line.

#46 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Not sure who it is but someone on here has a sig which is a bar graph of GP G A P PIM for Hodgson and Kassian's first NHL and AHL years. Kassian was clearly the better player and had a serious presence on the ice both at the AHL and NHL levels. Ultimately we got this for Hodgson and Sulzer, so what are you people crying about? Cody was a whiner.

Keswho.jpg

#47 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Or it could be that he just wasn't ready to contribute yet. He was good when he first came here, but his play dropped off after that. He would have got more ice time if he would have played better. Keep in mind that's a highlight video, so it only shows his best plays. So far Kassian has shown flashes of being a brilliant player, but he needs to do it more consistently if he wants a bigger role on the team.

Your right but you have to keep in mind the scouting report on him is that he has always been inconsistent and only plays wel when he is motivated. He needs to be on the farm for a year to show he can play hard for a year with good min's. I can't see him on the team this year unless it's 4th line and I'm not sure that is going to help him.

To be honest he strikes me as a player who doesn't have the drive that is needed to be a impact player. If we could trick him into thinking he was playing buffalo every game then?

#48 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Lets see how motivated he is. He spent the whole summer trimming down so I think he is very serious about pushing himself every shift. This will definitely get him far with AV.
Posted Image

#49 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

Agreed... Kassian deserves a serious look at starting in the top six in training camp
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#50 singing chef

singing chef

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Check out the tapes of games last year soon after Kassian was traded to the Canucks. There are several games where there are skirmishes on the ice, with Kassian on the bench, and players standing up to watch the fights. Take a close look at A.V. standing directly behind/beside Kassian (who is standing and watching the action intently). You'll see that A.V. has a very tight grip on Kassian's sweater, quite plainly restraining him in case he's ready to vault over the boards and join the fray. To me, that suggests that A.V. is not yet comfortable with Kassian's level of discipline. I found it to be most interesting. Take a look for yourselves.

Cheers.

#51 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Check out the tapes of games last year soon after Kassian was traded to the Canucks. There are several games where there are skirmishes on the ice, with Kassian on the bench, and players standing up to watch the fights. Take a close look at A.V. standing directly behind/beside Kassian (who is standing and watching the action intently). You'll see that A.V. has a very tight grip on Kassian's sweater, quite plainly restraining him in case he's ready to vault over the boards and join the fray. To me, that suggests that A.V. is not yet comfortable with Kassian's level of discipline. I found it to be most interesting. Take a look for yourselves.

Cheers.

Release the kraken!

#52 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

This is the exact reason why I didn't want AV back next year. Because he doesn't let his young guys play.

Play a solid two way game and you get ice time. He's done it with everybody from Kesler and Burrows to Raymond and Hansen that has developed under him.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#53 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

He had all summer to get his Bobby Clarke teeth fixed...and also daydream what it's like to play for our Vancouver Canucks!!

he should break training camp at least..

#54 Bauer1337

Bauer1337

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

no, he''l be Kassian 1.0

#55 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Play a solid two way game and you get ice time. He's done it with everybody from Kesler and Burrows to Raymond and Hansen that has developed under him.

oh oh.... i am actually agreeing with ya baggins... haahah....but your right.. av rewards good play with more ice time.. you play better with more ice time.. you get moved up a line...simple...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

no, he''l be Kassian 1.0

Beautifully said.

Kass is a top end prospect and no need for him to follow others footsteps; he can simply make his own path.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#57 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

I don't get why people have to be extremes on either side. Kassian is a promising young prospect who has a really big frame and has the potential to be a strong skilled power forward. Why anyone wouldn't be excited about that...i have no idea. But people shouldn't be getting their hopes up too high neither, he is still very new to the NHL.

So true. Everyone either thinks he's a bust, or Todd Bertuzzi v2.0. I mean he has that potential, but he's got a lot of work to do yet. Some people think he's already good enough to play with the Sedins. You don't develop players by immediately throwing them on the top line before they've proved they can take a regular shift and make in impact in a smaller role.

Then on the other hand, you've got the "psychics" who think they somehow already know he's gonna bust, without giving him a chance.

Both types of people are too impatient.

#58 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

MG said he could see Zack in the top six next year.

Although AV could see him in the press box...cause, you know, its AV.

I was going to make the same comment. Now I do not need to. It is no surprise good young players (like Justin Schulz) do not want to play (or sit on the bench) for AV.

#59 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Agreed... Kassian deserves a serious look at starting in the top six in training camp

Not for the Canucks, not if we have a shot at the cup. We need a real first and second line.

#60 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

What you said still doesn't change the fact that you are praising a kid for no good reason at all, he is not the next coming of jesus so please dont treat him as such.

huh...

No he isn't the next coming of Jesus, nevertheless he's a 21 year old kid who just moved across the continent into a city/country that's not familiar at all. In addition, he's being asked to skate around against men and put them on their a$$'s...

For a guy that's accomplished more then you will in your entire life at 21, you should begin showing more respect then you do... you talk and act like he owes you something personally. The kid has a whack of talent, size and potential and your hating because he hasn't proved himself yet...

classic CDC

get over yourself

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.