The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan is in Van today meeting with Canucks

Southpop45

You guys are so freaking short cited.

When 2014-15 comes around and we have a 37 year old Doan coming off a 15 goal, 33 point season on contract for 2 more years at 6 million a year (in a much reduced cap thanks to a new CBA), these same posters will be calling for his head.

When 2014-15 comes around and we have a 37 year old Doan coming off a 15 goal, 33 point season on contract for 2 more years at 6 million a year (in a much reduced cap thanks to a new CBA), these same posters will be calling for his head.

Time to see if Gillis is the 'amazing GM that can get players to buy in to his teams vision and sign players to below cost contracts' or not.

He lost Schultz. Now, he has his chance at Doan. Another missed opportunity at a much needed player and GMMG image will surely take a blow.

Really? Because im sure i've read and heard about GMMG strengths and weakness as a GM. His strength is supposed to be contracts and negotiations as her was an agent.

You would be incredibly foolish to think he wouldn't take an image hit by missing out on 2 highly prized UFA's he is pursuing.

I think everyone is forgetting that while Doan does want to win, he also wants a good place for his family to live/his kids to grow up/etc. In that regard, I can't see New York or Philly looking as appealing in those respects. I also don't see New York selling themselves as the same quality of contender Van and Philly are. Add those two facts together (and I believe they weigh on Doan the most), and Vancouver seems like the natural decision. His connections to BC and Gilman are just icing on the cake IMO

I think everyone is forgetting that while Doan does want to win, he also wants a good place for his family to live/his kids to grow up/etc. In that regard, I can't see New York or Philly looking as appealing in those respects. I also don't see New York selling themselves as the same quality of contender Van and Philly are. Add those two facts together (and I believe they weigh on Doan the most), and Vancouver seems like the natural decision. His connections to BC and Gilman are just icing on the cake IMO

Archived