The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christy Clark's Religion Comments Spark Criticism From B.C. Atheists

Sharpshooter

I have been waiting for a NFL football star to score a touchdown and thank Allah for the help and inspiration.

I do think Ms clark should be asked "Just which decisions did you reach using your holy book for guidance?"

Were she Muslim.sikh,Satanist or others there would have been a huge outcry, but since she referenced her Christian god the christains have no problem with her.

I have been waiting for a NFL football star to score a touchdown and thank Allah for the help and inspiration.

I do think Ms clark should be asked "Just which decisions did you reach using your holy book for guidance?"

Were she Muslim.sikh,Satanist or others there would have been a huge outcry, but since she referenced her Christian god the christains have no problem with her.

My opinion is that she's a politician who is full of crap. She doesn't use the bible any more than I use hair products however the for stage she was on that is the face she needed to put forward.

Also whichever one of you got Dajusta started on morality you should give yourself 10 lashes. It's like listening to a 12 year old try to talk about physics. They have no god damn clue what they're talking about and they're too old for it to be cute.

My opinion is that she's a politician who is full of crap. She doesn't use the bible any more than I use hair products however the for stage she was on that is the face she needed to put forward.

Also whichever one of you got Dajusta started on morality you should give yourself 10 lashes. It's like listening to a 12 year old try to talk about physics. They have no god damn clue what they're talking about and they're too old for it to be cute.

Instead of engaging this guy in debate, he should be pointed at and laughed at for having such utterly stupid beliefs.

nelson-haha.gif

Only a Christian can call a god that wipes out all of humanity good and just and loving. Oh, and merciful. That's the biggest hoot of all.

Rather than trying to figure out morality, I think we should collectively figure out what those words mean to dajusta. :lol:

That is illogical.

For asserting that God is not righteous due to the fact he kills people without their consent, you've at least established that god exists and questioning that god. Since his being is the standard for morality, how are finite human beings capable to ridicule an infinite God?

If that's too much for you, here it is again in simpler language -

1. I said I believe in God

2. You said God is dumb because he does things you don't like

3. I said who are we to judge what is right or wrong based on what we like or don't like

4. You said I believe in santa clause.

Who doesn't make sense?

What is the big deal here? Christy Clark belongs to the Anglican Church which is a very liberal church. The Anglican Church has ordained ministers and some even allow the blessing of gay marriage. It is not like she belongs to an evangelical fundamentalist church. And its pointed out that Adrian Dix is a devout Christian. How do we know whether he will use his religious background to shape future policy?

As for politicians being Christians, every US president has been a Christian. No atheist has been elected. Obama is a devout Christian. Funny thing is, Romney is NOT a Christian. He would be the first president (if elected) to be NOT a Christian.

What is the big deal here? Christy Clark belongs to the Anglican Church which is a very liberal church. The Anglican Church has ordained ministers and some even allow the blessing of gay marriage. It is not like she belongs to an evangelical fundamentalist church. And its pointed out that Adrian Dix is a devout Christian. How do we know whether he will use his religious background to shape future policy?

As for politicians being Christians, every US president has been a Christian. No atheist has been elected. Obama is a devout Christian. Funny thing is, Romney is NOT a Christian. He would be the first president (if elected) to be NOT a Christian.

" And its pointed out that Adrian Dix is a devout Christian. How do we know whether he will use his religious background to shape future policy?'

Has Mr Dix ever said he uses his religious beliefs to make decisions? That would be the difference in the two prospective premiers.

Archived