The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6 Signs the Vancouver Canucks' Stanley Cup Window Is Closing

SCVRUSH

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WRONG! Let me put it this way...

Will we be making the playoffs every year for a long time? The answer to this is YES 100% which means that we have a chance to win every single year. All it takes to win the cup is for the stars to align just right and to get stellar goaltending. Our window is closing if we are missing the playoffs like Calgary and we won't be missing the playoffs any time soon. As for our prospect pool, look at our roster... do you honestly think that the names on our team cannot fetch some amazing prospects or picks down the road if we ever need to? Nuff said:)

Sure, the windows is closing, but we should still have a couple more years left of Cup contention. I don't think we can be a dynasty like the Red Wings were, being near the top year after year. We don't have that many up and comers and the Sedins have said that they don't plan on staying in the NHL forever. They probably have three or four years left, so unless we sign some big free agents or the Nicklas Jensens and Zack Kassians develop into first-liners, we'll probably fall apart.

How can you say on the one hand all you need is a little confidence and puck luck to win the cup, but then on the other hand make an argument for the window is closing? Does that puck luck go both ways or just against the Nucks.

That's just completely contradictory.

its not a lack of competitive talent that worries me but dressing room chemistry. it just seems to run out eventually for every core group of players. and it makes sense when you think about it. the longer you stay working at any one job with the same group of people, the more complacent you get and the more stagnant you become. everybody needs a change of scenery and some new life breathed into their routine once in awhile.

My response

1. Not sure how to respond to this, other than to say that now that we have had a full summer, and that the loss isn't lingering, it will make us more relaxed and better and we will see how good our team actually it.

2. Sedin's will be able to maintain top level play for a few years so nothing to worry about right now/.

3. Kesler was injured, and still had a decent year, I'm not sure how you can definitively say that he won't, I think he will.

4. Higgins has been consistent, Hansen has only gotten better, Edler is getting better and will emerge, Hamhuis has been consistent, Schneider will emerge, Burrows has been consistent, Tanev will be better, Kassian will be better, Lappierre exceeded expectations. I could keep going on so I don't understand there argument at all.

5. That's debatable, Kassian will be there next year, Doan will help alot if we get him, we have 4th line guys like any other team, we have gotten bigger on the back-end with Garrison, and there will still be moves made, either way the toughness thing is overdone that's not why we lost in the SCF.

6. LA won't make it that far, since they said it was hard to get back and I think it was a fluke honestly they had a good enough team to do it but I like it was a bit flukey because just caught fire at the right time, or else they never would have gone on that run with the way they were playing prior. Nashville has gotten alot worse, Detriot isn't as good, Chicago isn't nearly the team they once were, San Jose isn't as good as they once were, St.Louis has gotten better, Minnesota won't make the playoffs, any other probably wont do anything in the playoffs if they make it., I'm not sure what the competition in the west is, the East has gotten alot better but the West has remained the same.

I like our chances this year, and that's all we should be focused on, if something happens they we can make changes accordingly for the next season's but right now we only have to worry about this season, and we have one or two more moves to make and I think we will be the best team in the West.

I like our chances heading into this season.

My response

1. Not sure how to respond to this, other than to say that now that we have had a full summer, and that the loss isn't lingering, it will make us more relaxed and better and we will see how good our team actually it.

2. Sedin's will be able to maintain top level play for a few years so nothing to worry about right now/.

3. Kesler was injured, and still had a decent year, I'm not sure how you can definitively say that he won't, I think he will.

4. Higgins has been consistent, Hansen has only gotten better, Edler is getting better and will emerge, Hamhuis has been consistent, Schneider will emerge, Burrows has been consistent, Tanev will be better, Kassian will be better, Lappierre exceeded expectations. I could keep going on so I don't understand there argument at all.

5. That's debatable, Kassian will be there next year, Doan will help alot if we get him, we have 4th line guys like any other team, we have gotten bigger on the back-end with Garrison, and there will still be moves made, either way the toughness thing is overdone that's not why we lost in the SCF.

6. LA won't make it that far, since they said it was hard to get back and I think it was a fluke honestly they just caught fire at the right time, Nashville has gotten alot worse, Detriot isn't as good, Chicago isn't nearly the team they once were, San Jose isn't as good as they once were, St.Louis has gotten better, Minnesota won't make the playoffs, any other probably wont do anything in the playoffs if they make it., I'm not sure what the competition in the west is, the East has gotten alot better but the West has remained the same.

Our team has gotten better and I think we will start to see more moves made through this month, so I'm not worried, I like our chances this season if we can make one or two more moves which I think we will.

My response

6. LA won't make it that far, since they said it was hard to get back and I think it was a fluke honestly they just caught fire at the right time, Nashville has gotten alot worse, Detriot isn't as good, Chicago isn't nearly the team they once were, San Jose isn't as good as they once were, St.Louis has gotten better, Minnesota won't make the playoffs, any other probably wont do anything in the playoffs if they make it., I'm not sure what the competition in the west is, the East has gotten alot better but the West has remained the same.

I like our chances this year, and that's all we should be focused on, if something happens they we can make changes accordingly for the next season's but right now we only have to worry about this season, and we have one or two more moves to make and I think we will be the best team in the West.

I like our chances heading into this season.

Everything you say here is all opinion. Maybe Kesler won't return to form, maybe the Sedins will be on the decline. And I think I threw up in my mouth a little when you said the Kings cup run was a fluke. :picard: THEY STEEM ROLLED their way to the cup. It looked like they were playing little girls on figure skates. They honestly might have a dynasty on their hands. I don't see why they can't do what they did again. I mean they have the same roster pretty much.

As a Canucks fan, I'm scared sh*tless of what lies ahead for the Canucks next year.

Archived