Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1062 replies to this topic

#1051 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Lame.

I'm going to shoot myself if I have to watch Higgins or Raymond play on the second line.

:sick:

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1052 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,496 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

really? are we gonna start complaining about Higgins and his 43 points, +11, playing on the third line at a 1.9 cap hit? count me out.

Edited by oldnews, 14 September 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#1053 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

What was the point of them hyping it up if he was going to re-sign? Why would his agent even mention Vancouver or wait until the exact deadline to "decide". Seems like a dick move to me.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#1054 nucklebucker

nucklebucker

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I feel bad for Doan. He so badly wants to play in Pheonix that he signed even though the sale isn't finished. It likely will never happen. As far I'm concerned, it will be a perpetual pending sale so long as Bettman needs that to stay on the owners' good side (until they get the new super lucrative CBA he promised them).

Doan won't play in Vancouver and he may never play in Pheonix again. He's likely to regret that call.

#1055 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,309 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

That must be Nearly Neil in your avatar, since there's no way the real Neil would approve.

We fail? When Doan has said he'd like to stay with Phoenix all along? And we were the one other team he wanted to go to if Phoenix fell through?

Well, there is some fail here, just that it's your post.

Edited by hockeyville88, 14 September 2012 - 04:03 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1056 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Doan
........Doan
................Doan

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#1057 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Lame.

I'm going to shoot myself if I have to watch Higgins or Raymond play on the second line.

Because nothing is worse than not having a perfect team right? Because we don't have a good team without Doan right?

Thanks for the laugh. :rolleyes:
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#1058 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Meh...
In the long run its (the non-signing) a blessing in disguise.

Sure he'd have been fired up to start he season with the Canucks. But look at his numbers in the last few years. We would have been having arguments in here about how he is at least "great in the dressing room". Do we really need another Sundin or Messier? 3 years down the road when Gillis has to shell out 5 million off the cap - which will most likely be reduced after the new CBA - will be hard to swallow if Shane continues his decline in production. We'd end up paying that much for a third liner. And then there's the risk of injury for an older player like that.

Its a better strategy to have great scouting to target players that are either overlooked (Burrows, Tanev) or players that great scouting indicates all they need is a second (or third..) chance (Higgins, Lapierre) while continuing to keep the eyes open for those special opportunities to sign top notch players in their prime that have a desire to play here.

#1059 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Because nothing is worse than not having a perfect team right? Because we don't have a good team without Doan right?

Thanks for the laugh. :rolleyes:

without doan we are left with the fatal weakness of no forward depth. there's nothing but plugs left and we have too many of those as it is.
Posted Image

#1060 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

I gotta admit I am a little surprised. I thought his agent would steer him to Van. Maybe they wrote an 'out clause' into the deal in the event that the team moves.

Still respect the man. He stated all along that staying in PHX was his preference. He might have taken a gamble staying there but that is his right.

#1061 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

He waited all summer and set this deadline just to end up staying with phoenix. What a joke.

Whine whine whine.

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#1062 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

What if we win the cup this year? Does your opinion change?

We won't win without adding a top 6 forward. They don't exactly grow on trees. If not Doan then who?

How do you win a Cup without an NHL season? My whole point was that signing Doan now is not going to help our top 6 needs by the time the lockout ends, which will probably cancel this whole upcoming season. If you actually read my post you're replying to, you'd see who I've mentioned that could play in our top 6 within our own system. It's not even factoring potential Free Agents, or any possible players coming back in a Luongo trade.

But he's got to be better than Raymond or Higgins in the top 6. Unforutnatley MG's inability to add quality players to a cap team (with the money available) means that this would be huge for us.

It would be huge for us only because Doan is a fairly big name and would help future Free Agents think twice about coming here, that's if he did sign here. He would not be the player we thought we were signing, trust me. He'll be 37 years old by the time the next season starts, and like I said, Kassian/Schroeder/Jensen probably the latter are better options at that point.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#1063 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Suckas! lol

didn't mommy ever tell you not to beleive everything you see on the internet! lol

I love when people get caught up in a lie and try to pull the "I was only pretending to be retarded" card.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.