The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

Just announced today that the Seattle City council has agreed to the concept of a + $400 million dollar sports arena to house NBA and NHL franchises. Personal guarantee of the biggest investor made and the other investors are the whose who of Seattle. On the city's approval the investors are now looking for an NBA franchise and I assume a NHL franchise.

The connection to this thread is the ultimate destination of the PHX Yotes and thusly Shane Doan. I have been sayin for some time that I thought the Yotes were headed to Seattle. `It makes to much sense to be otherwise. If true it means the Yotes might play in PHX for another two years max. Doan might be a loyal soldier but does he sacrifice his shot at a CUP by staying in PHX for another 2 years? Think not.

No, sorry you don't know what your talking about. You can't quarterback a powerplay without good hockey IQ and vision, and that's exactly what Connauton does.

And it's the same thing Schultz was so highly sought after for. You think teams were after him for his defensive prowess? Think again. His number one asset is the ability to run a powerplay, just like Connauton. He's got the same defensive deficiencies too. Not to mention Shultz is soft as a tissue; whereas Connauton has a nasty side and is able to throw the body.

He put up the same amount of points in college at the same age as Schultz, and then went on to lead the WHL in points for a defenseman, and set a Giants record. Plus he has had two years to work on his defensvie game and physical play in the AHL.

Schultz on the other hand has played 3 years at the college level, and while his numbers are impressive, the college level is not anywhere near the NHL level. At least Connauton has been able to get the best of all worlds, playing college, junior, and two years of pro before entering the NHL. He'll be a much more rounded player; whereas Schultz will likely struggle with the speed and physicality of the NHL game.

I think people are thinking of the old Connauton when he first arrived with the Moose. He's a way more rounded player now. Amazing skating ability and stick handling too.

Just announced today that the Seattle City council has agreed to the concept of a + $400 million dollar sports arena to house NBA and NHL franchises. Personal guarantee of the biggest investor made and the other investors are the whose who of Seattle. On the city's approval the investors are now looking for an NBA franchise and I assume a NHL franchise.

The connection to this thread is the ultimate destination of the PHX Yotes and thusly Shane Doan. I have been sayin for some time that I thought the Yotes were headed to Seattle. `It makes to much sense to be otherwise. If true it means the Yotes might play in PHX for another two years max. Doan might be a loyal soldier but does he sacrifice his shot at a CUP by staying in PHX for another 2 years? Think not.

Still hopeful, though as always it is a long shot.

I have absolutely no issue with signing the guy for anything under a $5.5 million dollar hit. It means we move Luongo for less of a return, but I suspect there is a tentative deal in place with Florida to complete it pending a Doan decision.

I would bet that if we sign Doan it means that one of our other "tweener" guys is moved to Florida as a sweetener for the Bjugstad deal. So we will see one of Raymond, Higgins, or Hansen in a Panthers uniform next season.

Mobile

:-(

Edit: might as well add something to this post. I just read Botchfords article which was posted on the last page. I have such a hard time getting through his writing. I follow him on twitter and listen when he comes on the radio or tv during canucks broadcasts but holy smokes, this guys writing style just irks me. Its such drivel. He doesn't know how to just get to the point without all the foofy bs metaphors and similes. And rarely does he write about anything your average browse-CDC-once-a-week 13year old doesn't already know.

Sorry for the minirant. Just UGH.

Still hopeful, though as always it is a long shot.

I have absolutely no issue with signing the guy for anything under a $5.5 million dollar hit. It means we move Luongo for less of a return, but I suspect there is a tentative deal in place with Florida to complete it pending a Doan decision.

I would bet that if we sign Doan it means that one of our other "tweener" guys is moved to Florida as a sweetener for the Bjugstad deal. So we will see one of Raymond, Higgins, or Hansen in a Panthers uniform next season.

Archived