The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

I think Bill WILL be great good even without Brady. (13-5 without Brady so far)

Like NPF said, Brady gave BB the freedom to master other aspects of the game by not having to worry about offense. It's because of Brady Belichick was allowed to build a complete team. Before that, he couldn't because no one was able to do what Brady is capable of. Brady is the one who gave BB the ability to build the Patriots kingdom which you see today.

Tfw the Pats are so dominant people gotta go look for crap like this to nitpick now lmao. "Toews is overrated because of Quenneville"...gimme a break :lol: 

21 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Like NPF said, Brady gave BB the freedom to master other aspects of the game by not having to worry about offense. It's because of Brady Belichick was allowed to build a complete team. Before that, he couldn't because no one was able to do what Brady is capable of. Brady is the one who gave BB the ability to build the Patriots kingdom which you see today.

Tfw the Pats are so dominant people gotta go look for crap like this to nitpick now lmao. "Toews is overrated because of Quenneville"...gimme a break :lol: 

Until the big predator from the NFC east decides to enter their kingdom in the big gameB)

8 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Haha just bustin yer balls, always wanted either the Pats or the Steelers to migrate to the NFC east. Just imagine the inter-division games with one of those teams in it.

Giants the only team that genuinely scare me everytime we face them. Only team I can't talk trash about lol.

...with Coughlin gone though, not as concerned if we were to face them. He is the Belichick kryptonite and knows how to matchup against him better than anyone. Both very good friends and have a past history coaching and all that too. Still think it's pretty ridiculous how the Giants showed him the door out. 

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

Giants the only team that genuinely scare me everytime we face them. Only team I can't talk trash about lol.

...with Coughlin gone though, not as concerned if we were to face them. He is the Belichick kryptonite and knows how to matchup against him better than anyone. Both very good friends and have a past history coaching and all that too. Still think it's pretty ridiculous how the Giants showed him the door out. 

Yeah i liked Coughlin, he always designed that nasty inside pass rush that gave Brady/Belichick fits. Strange that no other team has come close to doing that..Denver has sort of taken that route lately.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

At one point, the Ravens were on my list as well.

3 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

At one point, the Ravens were on my list as well.

Yep. When R.Lewis was around, the Ravens are Giants were the only teams that put pressure on Brady and gave the Pats a hard time. Don't get how teams haven't picked up on this, the blueprint has been there for years :P 

Maybe it's a personnel thing? Hard to get those types of players / Von Miller's of the world..

4 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Yep. When R.Lewis was around, the Ravens are Giants were the only teams that put pressure on Brady and gave the Pats a hard time. Don't get how teams haven't picked up on this, the blueprint has been there for years :P 

Maybe it's a personnel thing? Hard to get those types of players / Von Miller's of the world..

Thing is, you could try and scheme for Miller/Lewis/Suggs, but those teams had so many other guys to fill in. How many times did Ngata cause problems because Suggs was double teamed leaving Ngata in 1 on 1? Or when you doubled Umeniyora, you had Tuck and others. 

Luckily Houston has no one but Watt and Clowney, and Wilfork isn't a pash rusher. Mercilus is great, but he's got running back responsibility. 

On 23/09/2016 at 2:02 PM, ice orca said:

Haha just bustin yer balls, always wanted either the Pats or the Steelers to migrate to the NFC east. Just imagine the inter-division games with one of those teams in it.

Steelers vs Eagles

Can the Eagles pull off the upset and prove they can beat a legit playoff team like the Steelers who have an elite offence?

Giants vs Redskins OBJ vs Norman Part 2? 

Vikings vs Panthers Defensive battle?

Saints vs Falcons  Offensive battle?

Best games this week based on matchups on paper.

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Steelers vs Eagles

Can the Eagles pull off the upset and prove they can beat a legit playoff team like the Steelers who have an elite offence?

Giants vs Redskins OBJ vs Norman Part 2? 

Vikings vs Panthers Defensive battle?

Saints vs Falcons  Offensive battle?

Best games this week based on matchups on paper.

The Iggles are off to good start could win in a close one if there is no turnovers. Jints v Skins is a toss-up Vikes and Panthers close one as well VIKES d has to play like Denver did sgainst  them in the superbowl. 

12 minutes ago, ice orca said:

The Iggles are off to good start could win in a close one if there is no turnovers. Jints v Skins is a toss-up Vikes and Panthers close one as well VIKES d has to play like Denver did sgainst  them in the superbowl. 

I hate to be brutal about this. But too be real the only way the Eagles are going to best Big Ben is to crush him with some big hits to make sure he doesn't scramble and throw bombs down the field. Shut down the run game of Pittsburgh to make them one dimensional.

So far the Eagles d has knocked out 2 starting QBs will Bog Ben be the next to get KOed?

Conversely Wentz needs to be protected and keep himself protected from the big hitters in the Steelers front 7 like Shazier,Harrison and Timmons.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone else use the NFL gamepass free trial yearly? This is my first time since I no longer got Sunday Ticket and just have redzone. Today's one of the few occasions the Packers won't be on TV so I'm doing the gamepass trial. If I have a credit card with a different address could I use that later in the season for another trial as well? :) I' m glad most Packer games are televised but there's a few a year that aren't 

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Green Bay vs Detroit, is this an odd game for September, doesn't Green Bay and Detroit face each other at US Thanksgiving? 

It varies. Last Thanksgiving it was Chicago at Green Bay, I remember because I was there ;) 

Green Bay isn't playing that day this year, neither are the Bears, and the Lions host the Vikings.as the opening game.

• Upvote 1

Besides the fact Green Bay $&!# the bed that day it was a great game. The weather was typical (read: brutal), and the crowd was amped after the Favre ceremony where Bart Starr showed up. 

We splurged hard on some prime seats. Once in a lifetime event that I'm already thinking about doing again. Saw 3 games in 3 cities that trip!

• Upvote 1