The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I understand protecting them from contact, but I'd rather my kids learn to absorb hits by their friends in practice who aren't trying to rip their heads off, than not do it in practice, not really know how to protect yourself, and have some kid from another city on Friday night hit him as hard as he possibly can. When the body doesn't know how to take a hit, it goes limp right before contact which is when you get whiplash and whatnot. The kids that play community ball as well as high school, you can tell they know how to take a hit because they get more contact during the week. 

Not only learning how to take a hit but for players all around, doesn't matter which position, learn how to make a clean and safe tackle. Driving your helmet through the chest and wrapping them up. Not just toss yourself and hope for a clean hit or leading with your helmet.

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2016 at 11:14 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Don't get me started. Such BS. When I played we had 4-5 contact practices a week then games. We were so sick of hitting our buddies that come game time we couldn't wait to lay out other kids. I coach now, and this 3 practices a week with only 1 allowed to be hitting is BS. How are these kids ever gonna learn to safely take a hit and deliver a hit to the ground? 

Idk about other programs but where I played we would have Monday film and weights, 2 pad practices a week (Tues, Wed), Helmet only on Thursday, walkthrough Friday. Which if you ask me is fine in terms of full contact. Helmet only practices where thud. In terms of tackling and taking a hit, we had 40 minute fundamentals periods on all three days of real practice. I played Tail and a little corner so I can confidently say that we spent ample time on the basics. 

11 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Idk about other programs but where I played we would have Monday film and weights, 2 pad practices a week (Tues, Wed), Helmet only on Thursday, walkthrough Friday. Which if you ask me is fine in terms of full contact. Helmet only practices where thud. In terms of tackling and taking a hit, we had 40 minute fundamentals periods on all three days of real practice. I played Tail and a little corner so I can confidently say that we spent ample time on the basics. 

We did Sunday film (and watched a NFL game as a team), Monday Tuesday full pads, Wednesday Thursday helmets and shells, and friday shorts and helmets walk through. Which was great because Monday-Thursday we were hitting. Now we're hitting Wednesdays. That's it. There's still 'thud' on the other days but it's not quite the same. 

Back when I played in high school (I was offensive linemen and played nose tackle sometimes), our drills consisted of making proper blocks and making tackling properly. Of course there was agility and speed and the rest that comes with practice but every week we would always make time to tackle properly.

Not sure about now but that was back in high school a few years back.

So I picked up Eifert off waivers last week in my fantasy league knowing he'd be back soon. Questionable for this week. Leaves me with Eifert and D.Walker.

...with AP gone kinda scarce at RB especially week 5 when Bell will come back, DeAngelo will turn into a bench player for me. I have an offer for one of Eifert/Walker and being offered either L.Murray or D.Murray

@gmen81 which TE should I trade and which RB should I get back / would I be better off with the Titans pairing (Walker+Demarco) or Raiders pairing (Carr+Latavius) :huh: 

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

On September 11, 2016 at 5:48 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:
Despite all the Pats injuries, I'm sure this will be a close game till the final whistle. From all the years I've been watching, NE always seem to give some of its finest efforts when they seem to have key pieces missing and are counted out. 

Definitely won't be a walk in the park for Arizona Houston I'll tell you that.

Onto the next one.

@SabreFan1 be scared, very scared.

163.gif

Can't wait to watch Super Bowl's in the future with my kid's and wife and see who hoists the Belichick trophy every February.

Michael IrvinVerified account‏@michaelirvin88

If @Patriots beat @HoustonTexans on @NFLTNF w the 3rd QB. I will take off Lombardi & call these The Belichick Trophy

Cs5jowKUEAA-qmW.jpg

Edited by NucksPatsFan